Jamal Adams- "Losing culture still here" PFT article

Barkus

I get some people's frustration with him, and the pick, I really do. 

But at the minute, he is the best player on the team. He genuinely cares, and he doesn't just give boring, anodyne responses to the press. He was asked a question and answered it honestly and intelligently. 

Fair play to him for that. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, morny said:

I get some people's frustration with him, and the pick, I really do. 

But at the minute, he is the best player on the team. He genuinely cares, and he doesn't just give boring, anodyne responses to the press. He was asked a question and answered it honestly and intelligently. 

Fair play to him for that. 

He isn't though, is not the best player on the team.  How can anyone totally ignore his deficiencies like many  of you do is beyond me.  He is a great run stuffer and a decent blitzer if the team makes their defense be about those skills.  He is not a good cover safety at all, he does not generate turnovers.  He is in fact a liability unless the D schemes him to be a yard from the los on most plays.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bowles is spineless and he can’t lead a team. Our 22 year old Safety does more than the coaches to ralley guys together.

thats an issue all in itself, no wonder they gave up on him before they even left the tunnel.

First thing I thought, the Command and Chief sits their quietly while his team is getting blown out letting his 22 year old mouth piece do the talking, when it was his D that just gave up 31 points to Matt freaking Barkley?  

It's almost better off for all of our health to know as little about what's going on behind the scenes as possible.  The optics and results are bad enough, I dont need to see that we're operating in the locomotive industry with a lever, pulley, wheel and axle.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He isn't though, is not the best player on the team.  How can anyone totally ignore his deficiencies like many  of you do is beyond me.  He is a great run stuffer and a decent blitzer if the team makes their defense be about those skills.  He is not a good cover safety at all, he does not generate turnovers.  He is in fact a liability unless the D schemes him to be a yard from the los on most plays.

He has the highest PFF grade on our entire team which takes into account all factors of his position.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We will have to agree to disagree. But I'd say that most neutral NFL observers, and not just casual journalists but ones who study tape, rate him extremely highly. 

I feel like some people were so unhappy with the pick (which is understandable), that it has blinded them to the fact he is very good, and they seek out his flaws. He isn't perfect but very few are, but he is performing very well, and is still only 22. 

I feel he will be a top player, you disagree. Time will tell who is correct. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I mean, not for nothing but the Jets drafted a box safety over a guaranteed culture changer in Deshaun Watson (Mahomes didnt have that type pedigree at the time) largely do to his leadership ability stating that he was supposed to be the perfect type of player to change the culture.

Ironically, I'm a Sales Director and I tell my team this all the time, it cant be just me.  I cant be the only leader, some of you have to step up and lead too.  And that's not just talk, it's setting the example.  And if your teammates arent carrying the weight, I cant be the only one telling them to pick it up and holding them accountable.

I'm not sure how running to the media accomplishes that but you just have to hope Jamal is having these conversations in house because otherwise, you're just doing more damage than good. 

Watson would not have changed the culture of the team... Thats a crock of sh*t

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Adams is a good contributor to the losing.  The teams defense seems to built around having him a yard from the los on every dam play.  Run stuffing safeties that do not generate turnovers and are terrible in coverage do not help you win.  This guys mouth makes him one of the more overrated players on this team. 

When you invest a #6 overall and a high 2nd rounder on safeties these guys should  be making a huge difference, they don't.

OMFG... Enough.... Jamal is on this team... move on about where he was drafted.... Jesus Christ... He is one of the few that actually plays the game on this team and yet people like you are going to vilify him every chance you get... enough is enough... 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Big talker.  Good player.  Bad pick. 

Seriously Why??? Move on... The relentless garbage spewed about the only player that seemed to actually be trying on Sunday is ridiculous... Are you joking? Why are you so bothered by the only decent player on the team Sunday... You would rather Mo Wilk?? I mean seriously give it up

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And still the best player on the team... Which is the problem... 

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Evidently, LSU did not have a top media department (SID) to groom their kids that you should keep some thoughts and frustrations in the locker room, otherwise it sounds like it is all about him.  Diplomacy and leadership with passion is an art, which he doesn’t have.

If you’re that great, let your play do the talking, and always have your teammates backs in public.  SMH.

Hmm what school did Keyshawn Johnson play for ?

We are trying to build a winning culture and building through the draft. Team players, etc. I can see taking a flyer on Fowler, but why would you want a 26 year old RB that sat out an entire year? I get that he wants to be played, but is that the kind of hungry team player we want? Just a thought.

26 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

OMFG... Enough.... Jamal is on this team... move on about where he was drafted.... Jesus Christ... He is one of the few that actually plays the game on this team and yet people like you are going to vilify him every chance you get... enough is enough... 

He is the one that never shuts up, as in never.  And no he does not play the game, he stops the run, that is it.

Shut up, create some turnovers and actually be able to cover at all and I'll declare him and all pro like many of you do.

10 minutes ago, GangGreenDover said:

Next year FA Targets should be Demarcus Lawrence Dante Fowler Le’Veon Bell Earl Thomas And Devin Funchess 

Draft OL 1st round 

3rd WR

3rd OL or DT

4th LB to compete with Lee

5th CB 

6th WR

7th OL 

This Team a be heading in the right direction With the right Coach 

Funchess is Garbage... Thomas is old coming off a MAJOR injury... 

OL in the first? with all that Edge talent... seems like a waste. unless you draft the Left Tackle from Alabama... I can be convinced on that.

Allison and Brown are the 2 WRs the Jets should target as well as Enuwa and they can tender Anderson.

I think that Anthony Barr would be a better get then Lawrence.

Fowler is ok, but you wonder if this could be a bad locker room teammate, same for Lawrence.

Bell is fine... but he will come overpriced. And the Jets don't have as much cap space as everyone thinks because they only have 29 players or so under contract for next year.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is the one that never shuts up, as in never.  And no he does not play the game, he stops the run, that is it.

Shut up, create some turnovers and actually be able to cover at all and I'll declare him and all pro like many of you do.

Again, he is the only one playing on the field... and you vilify him... What point do you make... He makes a ton of good plays, and some mistakes... But he is still by far the best player on the Jets at the moment and its not even close.

55 minutes ago, morny said:

We will have to agree to disagree. But I'd say that most neutral NFL observers, and not just casual journalists but ones who study tape, rate him extremely highly. 

I feel like some people were so unhappy with the pick (which is understandable), that it has blinded them to the fact he is very good, and they seek out his flaws. He isn't perfect but very few are, but he is performing very well, and is still only 22. 

I feel he will be a top player, you disagree. Time will tell who is correct. 

Hes a HOF'er.

If its 1994.

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

JA is young and he will learn.  Right now he just needs to keep his mouth shut and play ball. Pretty soon he's going to get called out by teammates.  Wouldn't surprise me if there aren't several plays a game where the guy goes big play hunting for Sports Center and winds up leaving an uncovered hole or zone that gives the offense an easy 20+ yds...

oh, you mean an 80 yd screen for a TD and a 38 yd run TD on the first drive of thegame???  

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Watson would not have changed the culture of the team... Thats a crock of sh*t

Why not?  He's arguably a better leader than Adams and he doesnt need the media or his twitter account to prove it.  He just wins and breaks records doing so.  He plays QB, which is a much easier position to institute change in franchise than a box strong safety.  He'd be the instant face of the franchise who brings instant credibility because of success in college beating what was considered at the time "the greatest defense in NCAA history" for a national championship.  

Do you think it would hurt the culture of the team to have a QB who performs like him with his character leading the team? lol   

Your post is a crock of poop. 

No cursing. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why not?  He's arguably a better leader than Adams and he doesnt need the media or his twitter account to prove it.  He just wins and breaks records doing so.  He plays QB, which is a much easier position to institute change in franchise than a box strong safety.  He'd be the instant face of the franchise who brings instant credibility because of success in college beating what was considered at the time "the greatest defense in NCAA history" for a national championship.  

Do you think it would hurt the culture of the team to have a QB who performs like him with his character leading the team? lol   

No cursing. 

That young man is not only a great QB, but a class act.  He's everything you'd want from your franchise QB, On and off the field. 

I seriously think that Adams and Darnold should sit in on part of the HC and GM (hopefully) interviews. Afterward crus Johnson should ask one thing: which of the candidates are winners. Bottom line is that winners know winners and Adams and Darnold are the only true winners we've got in the entire building.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He does those things

you choose to ignore it because it ruins your opinion

Your loss

I love watching him play

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I mean, not for nothing but the Jets drafted a box safety over a guaranteed culture changer in Deshaun Watson (Mahomes didnt have that type pedigree at the time) largely do to his leadership ability stating that he was supposed to be the perfect type of player to change the culture.

Ironically, I'm a Sales Director and I tell my team this all the time, it cant be just me.  I cant be the only leader, some of you have to step up and lead too.  And that's not just talk, it's setting the example.  And if your teammates arent carrying the weight, I cant be the only one telling them to pick it up and holding them accountable.

I'm not sure how running to the media accomplishes that but you just have to hope Jamal is having these conversations in house because otherwise, you're just doing more damage than good. 

Legit had the same thoughts. He calls himself leader, does anyone else call him leader? He acts more like a bitch with the constant yammering to media. Leaders talk talk about leadering. It seems to be his go-to

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why not?  He's arguably a better leader than Adams and he doesnt need the media or his twitter account to prove it.  He just wins and breaks records doing soHe plays QB, which is a much easier position to institute change in franchise than a box strong safety.  He'd be the instant face of the franchise who brings instant credibility because of success in college beating what was considered at the time "the greatest defense in NCAA history" for a national championship.  

No cursing. 

Unless, I missed what records did he break in the NFL ?

Boom goes the dynamite 

New York Jets – Jamal Adams | 80.2 overall grade

Few safeties in the NFL are tasked with as difficult a role as what Adams does in New York. He’s basically asked to play any given position in the defense depending on what’s needed for the call. Adams has taken 179 snaps as a deep safety, 61 snaps as a box safety, 213 from a linebacker position, 69 as a slot corner and 21 as an outside corner. Trying to guess where he’s going to line up on a given play is a fool’s errand, and the fact that he’s their highest-graded player from all those positions is nothing short of remarkable.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cmon, Td's through 6 or 7 games what kind of excrement is that  Maybe we can create records for all players like most tackles within the first 7 minutes of a game. What is this Tee ball baseball and participation records. 

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Is this on a different news outlet referencing a different interview?  Is he going on a road show to call out the team via the media?

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Cmon, Td's through 6 or 7 games what kind of excrement is that  Maybe we can create records for all players like most tackles within the first 7 minutes of a game. What is this Tee ball baseball and participation records. 

Oh, okay, so they're not records than that people tracked and reported on and stuff.

Archived