FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

i love this thread.

I'm thinking after this game,  Macc had a great 2018.   The Darnold trade is the best trade we've ever made.  Henry rocks.  Herndon good.  Myers good.  Got a 7th rounder for Hack! 

Yeah I know, he sucked balls before then, just saying we shouldn't fire him after he just killed it.  

I thought of this as similar.  Aaron Hicks sucked on the Minn. Twins.  Then, just when he was improving, they traded him.  Ooops.

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

i love this thread.

I'm thinking after this game,  Macc had a great 2018.   The Darnold trade might be the best trade we've ever made.  Henry rocks.  Herndon good.  Myers good.  Got a 7th rounder for Hack! 

Yeah I know, he sucked balls before then, just saying we shouldn't fire him after he just killed it.  

I thought of this as similar.  Aaron Hicks sucked on the Minn. Twins.  Then, just when he was improving, they traded him.  Ooops.

I was just coming to bump haha. We don’t get a 7th for Hack. He had to be on the roster or something. Some moves worked out but the damage has been done. He has to go.

We can still salvage what we can and move forward but we can’t have a GM with this many flaws. I just want a middle of the pack GM at this point. Mac has been bottom 5 if not worst in NFL. Can’t ruin Sam.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Did you read Brian Costello's article in favor of keeping Maccagnan? His main reason was he drafted Darnold. Here is my gambling analogy... It's like Mac stood in front of a scratch off machine, and bought a 28 tickets each worth $5, then compiled $70 dollars in winnings from about 4 tickets he won on. He's still $70 in the hole,  but that last ticket was a $40 dollar winner. "Let's keep him." The 28 scratch off tickets are his 28 draft picks. I want a GM who is autistic like Rain Man counting cards at the BlackJack table and stealing the money from the house.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER YOU GUYS ALL KNOW HOW I FEEL  

SPORTS

Why Jets should keep Mike Maccagnan, despite fans’ anger

December 16, 2018 | 11:45pm

Modal Trigger
Mike Maccagnan and Sam Darnold
Mike Maccagnan and Sam Darnold Bill Kostroun, Paul J. Bereswil

In the spring of 2017, I reached out to Jets season-ticket holders and asked them a series of questions about the direction of the team. One of those questions was what they thought of the job general manager Mike Maccagnan was doing.

There was a response that made me chuckle and has been in the back of my head this season.

“Find me a quarterback and I’ll put a statue of him on my front lawn,” Kevin Wetherell, a season-ticket holder since 1992 from Cranford, N.J., wrote.

Kevin might need to get his chisel out.

It appears Maccagnan and the Jets have found a quarterback. Now, these things can sometimes change. The Redskins thought they had one in Robert Griffin III and that went south. But from all indications, Sam Darnold is going to be a very good quarterback.

The Jets’ loss to the Texans on Saturday night felt like a win in many ways. It was impossible to walk away from MetLife Stadium and not be impressed with what young Darnold showed. It looked like the game slowed down for the 21-year-old. He was poised, unflappable and able to make plays with both his arm and his legs. The touchdown drives in the second and fourth quarters were works of art.

That brings me back to Maccagnan. The general manager’s job security has been a topic of discussion lately. It appears coach Todd Bowles is going to be fired at season’s end, but the feeling around the Jets has been that Maccagnan will survive. That has been met by some pushback from Jets fans who see plenty of misses in the draft by Maccagnan over four years as GM and a roster that still has more holes than a bad Hollywood script.

My counterargument in favor of keeping Maccagnan is Darnold. Maccagnan may have pulled off a feat that no other Jets GM has been able to in decades. It looks like he landed a franchise quarterback.

Yes, Ken O’Brien had his moments. Yes, Chad Pennington was on his way before he wrecked his shoulder. Mark Sanchez teased, and even Geno Smith had a night in Atlanta that made you wonder. But Darnold looks like he can be special. Texans superstar J.J. Watt found Darnold after the game, pulled him close and told him, “You’re going to be a great pro.”

Now, the football gods did not just drop Darnold here. Maccagnan had a plan that was hatched in early 2017 to target a quarterback in the 2018 draft. He dumped the older players and set upon a rebuild, knowing the 2017 season would be painful. It ended up not being painful enough and the Jets came out of it with the No. 6 pick, just low enough to possibly miss out on their choice of quarterbacks

Maccagnan made a great trade with the Colts to move up three spots to No. 3, knowing he would at least get one of the three quarterbacks the Jets really liked in the draft — Darnold, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield. He made that trade without surrendering a future first-round pick, which is a feat when pulling off one of those top-of-the-draft deals. He made the move in mid-March, not wasting any time and allowing the price to go up.

Did he get lucky the Browns went with Mayfield and the Giants took Saquon Barkley? Sure. But that is the draft. The Patriots were lucky no one took Tom Brady in the first 198 picks of the 2000 draft. The Texans were lucky no one picked J.J. Watt in the first 10 selections in 2011. That’s how this works. Maccagnan should not be penalized for it. He should be lauded for putting the Jets in that position in the first place.

Now that Maccagnan has landed his quarterback, he deserves the chance to build around him. The Jets are projected to have $106 million in salary-cap space, according to overthecap.com. They are likely going to have a top-five pick. Let’s see what Maccagnan can do with those resources.

If he does this right, there may be statues of him popping up on front lawns around the tri-state area.

image.gif

image.gif

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER YOU GUYS ALL KNOW HOW I FEEL  

SPORTS

Why Jets should keep Mike Maccagnan, despite fans’ anger

December 16, 2018 | 11:45pm

Modal Trigger
Mike Maccagnan and Sam Darnold
Mike Maccagnan and Sam Darnold Bill Kostroun, Paul J. Bereswil

In the spring of 2017, I reached out to Jets season-ticket holders and asked them a series of questions about the direction of the team. One of those questions was what they thought of the job general manager Mike Maccagnan was doing.

There was a response that made me chuckle and has been in the back of my head this season.

“Find me a quarterback and I’ll put a statue of him on my front lawn,” Kevin Wetherell, a season-ticket holder since 1992 from Cranford, N.J., wrote.

Kevin might need to get his chisel out.

It appears Maccagnan and the Jets have found a quarterback. Now, these things can sometimes change. The Redskins thought they had one in Robert Griffin III and that went south. But from all indications, Sam Darnold is going to be a very good quarterback.

The Jets’ loss to the Texans on Saturday night felt like a win in many ways. It was impossible to walk away from MetLife Stadium and not be impressed with what young Darnold showed. It looked like the game slowed down for the 21-year-old. He was poised, unflappable and able to make plays with both his arm and his legs. The touchdown drives in the second and fourth quarters were works of art.

That brings me back to Maccagnan. The general manager’s job security has been a topic of discussion lately. It appears coach Todd Bowles is going to be fired at season’s end, but the feeling around the Jets has been that Maccagnan will survive. That has been met by some pushback from Jets fans who see plenty of misses in the draft by Maccagnan over four years as GM and a roster that still has more holes than a bad Hollywood script.

My counterargument in favor of keeping Maccagnan is Darnold. Maccagnan may have pulled off a feat that no other Jets GM has been able to in decades. It looks like he landed a franchise quarterback.

Yes, Ken O’Brien had his moments. Yes, Chad Pennington was on his way before he wrecked his shoulder. Mark Sanchez teased, and even Geno Smith had a night in Atlanta that made you wonder. But Darnold looks like he can be special. Texans superstar J.J. Watt found Darnold after the game, pulled him close and told him, “You’re going to be a great pro.”

Now, the football gods did not just drop Darnold here. Maccagnan had a plan that was hatched in early 2017 to target a quarterback in the 2018 draft. He dumped the older players and set upon a rebuild, knowing the 2017 season would be painful. It ended up not being painful enough and the Jets came out of it with the No. 6 pick, just low enough to possibly miss out on their choice of quarterbacks

Maccagnan made a great trade with the Colts to move up three spots to No. 3, knowing he would at least get one of the three quarterbacks the Jets really liked in the draft — Darnold, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield. He made that trade without surrendering a future first-round pick, which is a feat when pulling off one of those top-of-the-draft deals. He made the move in mid-March, not wasting any time and allowing the price to go up.

Did he get lucky the Browns went with Mayfield and the Giants took Saquon Barkley? Sure. But that is the draft. The Patriots were lucky no one took Tom Brady in the first 198 picks of the 2000 draft. The Texans were lucky no one picked J.J. Watt in the first 10 selections in 2011. That’s how this works. Maccagnan should not be penalized for it. He should be lauded for putting the Jets in that position in the first place.

Now that Maccagnan has landed his quarterback, he deserves the chance to build around him. The Jets are projected to have $106 million in salary-cap space, according to overthecap.com. They are likely going to have a top-five pick. Let’s see what Maccagnan can do with those resources.

If he does this right, there may be statues of him popping up on front lawns around the tri-state area.

image.gif

image.gif

I just posted about this. He was not the driving force in the Darnold trade and that’s the ONLY reason people want to keep him. He didn’t earn SH*T. Fire this sack if sh*t!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Cannot see any logical reason the Johnson brothers would decide to keep Mike Maccagnan the current roster he built in 4 years stinks with the exception of Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams a few others we have nothing, we lack depth at many positions. 

Many players on the NY Jets roster wouldn't be in the NFL if not for the NY Jets 

The entire coaching staff is by far the worst in the NFL

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE 

FIRE MIKE MACCAGNAN 

Image result for NY JETS DUMPSTER FIRE

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2018 at 8:01 PM, joewilly12 said:

bad

Demario Davis is a beast. Doesn't play for the jets though.  Snacks Harrison would be the best defensive lineman on this team with Henry anderson a close second. Doesn't play for the jets though. Alvin Kamara would be a huge get, and the best offensive weapon on this team, but we drafted ardarious Stewart instead. Too bad Kamara isn't a jet. I could go on. And on. Darren Lee had been out and our run defense has been pretty solid. Marcus Maye is made of glass. Leanard Williams hasn't been to the weight room apparently. Our guard was supposed to be a center but couldn't snap so Harrison has had to take over and do better, but not well. Shell is inconsistent. Kearse has mailed it in...hasn't blocked worth a damn on running plays. Charone peake is a career special teamer. Leggett hasn't panned out though Herndon looks ok. At the end of the day, drafts. FA aquisitions... Robby anderson and henry Anderson have done well. Jamal Adams is very good. Darnold worked out I think, despite the cost of a 1st and 3 2nd rounders.  Which is ok because mac is clueless when it comes to second rounders (hackenburg..good lord). Then there's the post idzik spending spree which ended in disaster.  Yeah I think Mac has to be gone. It's just an insane amount of missed with tons of money and top ten draft positions his entire career. We should be far more talented. Yet we have no wr1, no pass rusher, a crap oline,  mediocre running game, overpaid corners underperforming and an inexcusable lack of talent. Our best players are Adams,  Jordan Jenkins, Henry Anderson Brian winters, Robby anderson and, hopefully sam darnold. Bilal Powell gets an honorable mention. That's so far from a playoff roster its stomach churning. No.  I'm done with mac. 

• Upvote 2