Ian Rapoport: Bolwes likely to start Josh Mccown.

Jetsbb

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jeremy Bates is a notoriously sh*tty person, which is why he can’t hold a job. I wonder if they felt like subjected Darnold to much more of Bates’ douchebaggery is playing into this. Then again, they could have fired Bates at any time and just let Dennison run the offense.

What did he do to gain this reputation?  I saw a player from the seahawks called him out a few weeks ago, but I’ve never seen any stories regarding anything terrible he has done.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

After Bowles is fired, t minus how many days till the Josina interview where he says they stuck him with Darnold who wasn’t ready

Yup. Throw in ‘wanted to start Bridgewater’.

Mac panicked his way into getting Sam, and sabotaged his coach (who was already awful to begin with), by trading the best, mistcready QB in the roster for a 3rd rounder he will no doubt use on a long-shot prospect.

8 hours ago, Pac said:

I said it wasn't entertaining... not that I refuse to watch.

Last 6 games or so I've been only casually watching.  Bowles has made this the least entertaining team in the NFL.

Thankfully in a couple weeks Macc will be on the hunt for his coach.

Why watch something that isn’t enjoyable?

Indeed, thankfully, the quantifiable worst GM in the league will continue to keep this team as far away from competitive as he has for 4 years.

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

At this point Bowles has no incentive to play Darnold.  His development means zero to him now.  That’s why Bowles needed to be fired after the Buffalo game.  Even if these guys aren’t going to be on the team next year, you at least want Sam to get reps and see some defenses.  

I don’t think bowles is making the decision.  It’s all but clear that bowles is gone and mccagnan is staying, so why would the johnsons and mccagnan let bowles make this call?  I think bowles is being told what to say and do regarding darnold at this point.  And i think mccagnan is already preparing darnold for next season by not having darnold unlearn stuff that he would otherwise be learning the past few weeks.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if they shut darnold down after this week, and not b/c of injury.

9 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What did he do to gain this reputation?  I saw a player from the seahawks called him out a few weeks ago, but I’ve never seen any stories regarding anything terrible he has done.

I’m not sure of the particulars, but when Pete Carroll fired him after one season as Seahawks OC, he made some vague references to Bates needing to work some things out. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m not sure of the particulars, but when Pete Carroll fired him after one season as Seahawks OC, he made some vague references to Bates needing to work some things out. 

Yet every OC for bowles either conforms to the boring run run pass punt philosophy or winds up at odds with him and is fired.  I’m not defending bates but it’s hard to judge him in isolation b/c of where he is and what he has to work with.  Doesn’t matter anyway since he’s gone soon.  

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I don’t think bowles is making the decision.  It’s all but clear that bowles is gone and mccagnan is staying, so why would the johnsons and mccagnan let bowles make this call?  I think bowles is being told what to say and do regarding darnold at this point.  And i think mccagnan is already preparing darnold for next season by not having darnold unlearn stuff that he would otherwise be learning the past few weeks.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if they shut darnold down after this week, and not b/c of injury.

CYA by Maccagnan. If Darnold continued to look bad, more likely he gets fired. There’s nothing else on the roster he can point to that’s even remotely a positive. They just IR’ed another second round bust in Maye. 

47 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I bet they all have some form of “the team is devoid of talent, so Mike Maccagnan’s job is secure” Jetspeak, too.

I love how these 2 things go against each other so much. Why keep him if the team is devoid of talent. This freaking team. I just want to watch some competitive football and have hope or believe in the direction/building that the team is doing. Patience is all we know at this point. I have ZERO patience/tolerance for this unacceptable management of the team and roster by the 3 stooges (Johnson,Mac,Bowles).

It bothers be so much that I may have to wait until the team is sold. It’s such an insult. I’m watching a team that I don’t believe in and can’t stand. I love some of the history, the logo, rooting for the players and I love the fan base but I ABSOLUTELY hate coaching, GM and ownership. It’s a very difficult-confusing feeling since the guys up top are solely responsible for ruining the team. It’s like a hopeless situation until there is major change there and that major change isn’t realistic at all.

So here we are, stuck at the bottom. Not even middle of the pack which I would even accept st this point. We are going to stay bottom 1/3 of the league for at least 2019 and 2020 until Woody decides he can be a part of he big splashy move and Fire Mac. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yet every OC for bowles either conforms to the boring run run pass punt philosophy or winds up at odds with him and is fired.  I’m not defending bates but it’s hard to judge him in isolation b/c of where he is and what he has to work with.  Doesn’t matter anyway since he’s gone soon.  

True. Also, you don’t end up with a Jeremy Bates if literally anyone else wanted that job. Whoever took it was driving their career into the ditch.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

CYA by Maccagnan. If Darnold continued to look bad, more likely he gets fired. There’s nothing else on the roster he can point to that’s even remotely a positive. They just IR’ed another second round bust in Maye. 

There’s always another “Sassy Jamal” article they could push.

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Why watch something that isn’t enjoyable?

Indeed, thankfully, the quantifiable worst GM in the league will continue to keep this team as far away from competitive as he has for 4 years.

I watch, casually, just to know what’s going on. I prefer seeeibg with my own eyes rather than the JN looney tune retelling of events.

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I love how these 2 things go against each other so much. Why keep him if the team is devoid of talent. This freaking team. I just want to watch some competitive football and have hope or believe in the direction/building that the team is doing. Patience is all we know at this point. I have ZERO patience/tolerance for this unacceptable management of the team and roster by the 3 stooges (Johnson,Mac,Bowles).

It bothers be so much that I may have to wait until the team is sold. It’s such an insult. I’m watching a team that I don’t believe in and can’t stand. I love some of the history, the logo, rooting for the players and I love the fan base but I ABSOLUTELY hate coaching, GM and ownership. It’s a very difficult-confusing feeling since the guys up top are solely responsible for ruining the team. It’s like a hopeless situation until there is major change there and that major change isn’t realistic at all.

So here we are, stuck at the bottom. Not even middle of the pack which I would even accept st this point. We are going to stay bottom 1/3 of the league for at least 2019 and 2020 until Woody decides he can be a part of he big splashy move and Fire Mac. 

For years, you could at least root for the tank to draft the big QB, but we don’t even have that anymore. We drafted the big QB. And now they’re ******* with the big QB.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

True. Also, you don’t end up with a Jeremy Bates if literally anyone else wanted that job. Whoever took it was driving their career into the ditch.

It’s a continuous downward spiral for this franchise’s offense.  They ignore this side of the ball so no good coaches want to come, then the gm/coach figure the only way they can win is by overloading defense and it exacerbates the problem. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

For years, you could at least root for the tank to draft the big QB, but we don’t even have that anymore. We drafted the big QB. And now they’re ******* with the big QB.

It’s so JETSY that it’s gotten to this point. We even envy the Browns because at least they drafted some really good young players and made team building interested with all the trade downs and stock piling of picks. You can’t go wrong doing that when your team is a disaster. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s so JETSY that it’s gotten to this point. We even envy the Browns because at least they drafted some really good young players and made team building interested with all the trade downs and stock piling of picks. You can’t go wrong doing that when your team is a disaster. 

Even the browns have people in the building who are dedicated to building an offense.  As the team continues to fail and the team has no marketable players on offense, you wonder what it will take for someone to realize that a major change is needed.  What will it take - they keep picking 6th, they traded up for a qb which didn’t fix anything, most of the defensive draft picks have not produced the type of defense that wins consistently, and the team is constantly mocked by the national media.  Is there ANYTHING so embarrassing that can happen that will lead to the changes necessary to begin to fix the offense?  Do we need another butfumble to get things going - and wouldn’t you know it, Sanchez isn’t even available anymore.

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

ok if this is the same foot then the prolonged absence and overly cautious approach makes sense and all of us can just calm down...

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Things-to-know-about-NFL-Draft-QB-Sam-Darnold-117296386/

Darnold had played baseball his freshman year and then focused on football and basketball. As a basketball player, he was named South Coast League Most Valuable Player twice. Most impressive, however, is how little the 20-year old has actually played the quarterback position. NFL Draft analysts want to talk about the upside of Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen, but Darnold's is arguably greater. He did not start playing the quarterback position on a regular basis until his junior season, which he missed most of due to a foot injury.

http://www.sanclementetimes.com/tritons-quarterback-darnold-fractures-foot-likely-out-for-season/

San Clemente junior quarterback Sam Darnold suffered a fracture in his foot during the second quarter of the team’s September 12 game against Dana Hills, head coach Jaime Ortiz confirmed Wednesday.

Foot Injury.jpg

That's doesnt seem better, would suggest hes got some chronic problem 

This team is unwatchable and literally un-followable at this point.  Incredible that we constantly find ourselves in this situation.  I haven't missed a game in 35 years of adulthood before this year.  

I had season tix during and after Kotite. I moved to Philly and have watched every game either in a bar or on Directv.  

I have never been less interested.  Can't follow this team.

McCown.  Really?  The only freakin hope we have is Darnold.  He's literally the only reason to watch.

Fire this guy.  Fire Bates.  Fire Bowles.  Fire Kacy.  Fumigate the place.  Start recruiting next coach.  Get rid of Macc ASAP.  He sucks.  He has added two players that are remotely interesting - Darnold and Adams.  Everyone else can leave.  

Chris Johnson, who I've been a fan of, has to show he's in touch with this.  This is an embarrassment.

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The Browns did this weird thing where they drafted a quarterback and then prioritized helping the quarterback become good, and now it looks like that’s paying off. The Jets drafted Darnold, pulled Jeremy Bates out of the woods, then proceeded to drafted two ineffectual nose tackles to add to their ineffectual safeties and unrosterable wide receivers.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Browns did this weird thing where they drafted a quarterback and then prioritized helping the quarterback become good, and now it looks like that’s paying off. The Jets drafted Darnold, pulled Jeremy Bates out of the woods, then proceeded to drafted two ineffectual nose tackles to add to their ineffectual safeties and unrosterable wide receivers.

They took sheppard next.  It’s a small decision but it shows that the gm is not truly committed to developing an offense.  

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They took sheppard next.  It’s a small decision but it shows that the gm is not truly committed to developing an offense.  

When the history of the last ten years of the Jets is written, the part where they examine the resources dumped into the defensive line and secondary contrasted to the return on investment in those areas will be mind-blowing. 

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Even the browns have people in the building who are dedicated to building an offense.  As the team continues to fail and the team has no marketable players on offense, you wonder what it will take for someone to realize that a major change is needed.  What will it take - they keep picking 6th, they traded up for a qb which didn’t fix anything, most of the defensive draft picks have not produced the type of defense that wins consistently, and the team is constantly mocked by the national media.  Is there ANYTHING so embarrassing that can happen that will lead to the changes necessary to begin to fix the offense?  Do we need another butfumble to get things going - and wouldn’t you know it, Sanchez isn’t even available anymore.

They have been drafting like it’s the 1980’s.  Everything has been up the middle of the defense, not the edges.  This game is all about having athletes on the outside.  Edge rushers, corners, WRs, dual threat RBs.  The Jets have spent the majority of their draft capital on interior players, DTs, 3-4 DEs, safeties, ILBers.   It’s been a flawed strategy for some time now.  While the rest of the league has been valuing these ultra athletic ends and receivers, the Jets have all but ignored these players.   

Just now, T0mShane said:

When the history of the last team years of the Jets is written, the part where they examine the resources dumped into the defensive line and secondary contrasted to the return on investment in those areas will be mind-blowing. 

I’m not even sure what’s worse - the amount of resources dumped into these areas compared to others, or the minimal return on investment.  

Darnold (foot), who is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets, isn't expected to start but will go through a pregame workout before his status for the contest is determined, sources tell Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The Jets are tentatively planning to go with Josh McCown under center for a third straight game, though things could change if Darnold gives the coaching staff more faith in his health by turning in a quality workout beforehand. After missing the past two contests, Darnold returned to practice this week as a limited participant, but there's apparently still some concerns from the Jets that he's not 100 percent recovered from the strained right foot. Effectively of the playoff picture entering Sunday with a 3-8 record, the Jets probably won't be inclined to take any unnecessary risk with the No. 3 overall pick, making it more likely than not that Darnold will be included on the inactive list that is released 90 minutes prior to the 4:05 p.m. EST kickoff. If that's the case, Davis Webb would serve as the backup to McCownNFL Network just reported 

Haven't they heard about the fake boot? 

Where is the hard core investigative attempt to uncover the TRUTH? 

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE 

42 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

At this point Bowles has no incentive to play Darnold.  His development means zero to him now.  That’s why Bowles needed to be fired after the Buffalo game.  Even if these guys aren’t going to be on the team next year, you at least want Sam to get reps and see some defenses.  

How does Bowles ever get a head coaching job off this? If he could point to helping a young QB develop over the last 4-5 games of a crap season, could at least have something he might be able to sell to a future employer. And really all the QB does in this sh!tbag offense is had off a whole bunch.  The point of Josh Mccown doing it is....?

Darnold is not going to get NFL game experience in minicamp in April. He can right now. No matter who the coach is in 2019 that experience for him and film for the incoming coach would be very helpful in his development. 

Enormously frustrating that Bowles/Maccagnan lavished resources on the defense and thought merely drafting Darnold was all they had to do to turn around the offense, or at least get the media and fan base off their asses. Looking at the 2017 Draft day thread, my comment after the Adams pick stands; HOW DID THESE GUYS EXPECT THIS TEAM TO SCORE POINTS? 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

How does Bowles ever get a head coaching job off this?

He won't his next stop is the local high school in N.J where's he's invested $ 2 million in his home or maybe Rutgers they seem to have no issues throwing good money at bad football coaches. 

18 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

This team is unwatchable and literally un-followable at this point.  Incredible that we constantly find ourselves in this situation.  I haven't missed a game in 35 years of adulthood before this year.  

I had season tix during and after Kotite. I moved to Philly and have watched every game either in a bar or on Directv.  

I have never been less interested.  Can't follow this team.

McCown.  Really?  The only freakin hope we have is Darnold.  He's literally the only reason to watch.

Fire this guy.  Fire Bates.  Fire Bowles.  Fire Kacy.  Fumigate the place.  Start recruiting next coach.  Get rid of Macc ASAP.  He sucks.  He has added two players that are remotely interesting - Darnold and Adams.  Everyone else can leave.  

Chris Johnson, who I've been a fan of, has to show he's in touch with this.  This is an embarrassment.

The bolded part needs to go on the Jets coat of arms in Latin.

Archived