Would you approve of a Jim Caldwell hiring?

freestater

Jim Caldwell, HC?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes, give me some of that!
    • No friggin way

I thought he was a stooge of a HC w/Indy and only benefited off of Manning and Dungy's aging defense at the time. 

I was actually MORE impressed by his OC duties and improving the offense of the Ravens which then led him to Detroit where he also exceeded my expectations. He got screwed by injuries. I think he's improved as a coach and would, at this point in time, NOT HATE the hire, but I would see it as a lateral hiring; which will NOT HELP our sinking Jets team :(

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes a good coach, underrated because hes not brash and load and doesnt self promote.  He did a good job in Detroit, got screwed and fired after winning 9 and then watched as Patricia came in and won 6

He got handed a championship team and failed. Dungy force fed this guy to Indy, in spite of this he was given another chance and did absolutely nothing. Pass. 

6 minutes ago, usapaw said:

He got handed a championship team and failed. Dungy force fed this guy to Indy, in spite of this he was given another chance and did absolutely nothing. Pass. 

No he didnt.  He won the division, won playoff games, went to a SB.  But thats not enough to give him credit.  He made the playoffs in Detroit but that proves nothing too.  

He sucks, heard you

That would be the straw that broke this fans back.  I mean it was enough these past few days learning that Mac kept his job and they are keeping the same power structure.  I mean I know in 2 years after 2 miserable drafts and free agent signings we will be right back here wondering why we wasted 3 years of Sam's career.

A Cadwell hiring would just be Bowels in an older body still without an emotion chip installed.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No he didnt.  He won the division, won playoff games, went to a SB.  But thats not enough to give him credit.  He made the playoffs in Detroit but that proves nothing too.  

He sucks, heard you

So he has no job because why? Everything was gift wrapped for him and he failed. I get your point "He won" but he never failed. Bullsh*t. 

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

I would walk to the dark side and  become a Patriot fan after 50 years. Don't hire a guy just because he is black, hire him because he deserves the job and he has earned it.

Do you have inside knowledge that he would be hired because he is black? I'm going to guess that you don't. There are quite a few minority candidates, and I'd put money on it that they are being considered because they are qualified for the position. He took the Colts to a super bowl and he took the Lions to the playoffs. He lost to Drew Brees in the Super Bowl, not some JAG.

11 minutes ago, usapaw said:

So he has no job because why? Everything was gift wrapped for him and he failed. I get your point "He won" but he never failed. Bullsh*t. 

Stop already..  Im already tired of some of you who seem to think who you like or dont like is some kind of proven science and you can convince others by repeating yourself over and over that a HC who has won really didnt accomplish anything or who you just dont because.  I get it you dont like him.  Im not trying to change your mind, answered your question to me, leave it and move on.  Its opinion, no one has any real answers or knows what the F theyre talking about

9 minutes ago, usapaw said:

I would walk to the dark side and  become a Patriot fan after 50 years. Don't hire a guy just because he is black, hire him because he deserves the job and he has earned it.

Your true issue is now clear.  You see him as a hire due to race.  Wow, really lame

I put him on the same level as McCarthy. Two established veteran HCs. Both are Offensive minded, with good overall records as OC and as HC. Both of them were fortunate to coach very good QBs during their tenures. My gut reaction to both? While I couldn't knock either as a hire, I'd prefer someone other then them. Neither excites me.

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do you have inside knowledge that he would be hired because he is black? I'm going to guess that you don't. There are quite a few minority candidates, and I'd put money on it that they are being considered because they are qualified for the position. He took the Colts to a super bowl and he took the Lions to the playoffs. He lost to Drew Brees in the Super Bowl, not some JAG.

Nice try. How many minority force fed guys got canned this weekend? He was handed a super bowl team and was completely lost. Earn the job.

I think the fans want the next McVay, Nagy or Reich.

But I don’t think those guys are coming to the Jets, and with Mac and Chris the Jets need an HC with more experience.

Caldwell could be a bridge to the next step, if he could help develop Darnold, attract staff and add some experience to the front office. 

I don’t want him, but he may be what we end up with. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Your true issue is now clear.  You see him as a hire due to race.  Wow, really lame

So why would the JETs consider him?He failed 2x. Rex failed, I accept that and I moved on.You are trying to play the race guilt card now. Got it.

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

So why would the JETs consider him?He failed 2x. Rex failed, I accept that and I moved on.You are trying to play the race guilt card now. Got it.

I said he underrated, didnt ask you to start a rant over it.  Move on from Caldwell, I havent made one single post calling for his hire.  Youre trolling

You brought up race, I never do and never did.  Youre not paying attention 

Archived