Gregg Williams contract with the Jets isn’t done deal. Redskins trying to secure a meeting Tuesday

Jetsbb

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenFish said:

Chris needs to bake those damn cupcakes now. What is the hold up?

Make him the highest paid coordinator in the league.

Does he deserve to be the highest paid coordinator in the league? He is certainly a good to very good coordinator, but I am not convinced he is the only choice for the Jets

Just now, johnnysd said:

Does he deserve to be the highest paid coordinator in the league? He is certainly a good to very good coordinator, but I am not convinced he is the only choice for the Jets

I think so. Getting him allows Gase to not worry much about the D. Gregg is experience as a DC and HC. Given Gase’s inexperience, I think that’ll be a big help.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I haven't seen anything about them having fired Manusky.  Pretty big D!CK move to be interviewing Williams for his position while he's still the coach.

Redskins have had no class since Gibbs retired.

Sad but very true. Snyder is a d*ck.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This may smell a little bit like leverage for Williams in negotiating a contract.  Verbal acceptance, agent starts negotiating $ and terms, it goes slow......all of a sudden "there's a phone call from another team" and a possible meeting.

This seems very plausible. I don't give a sh*t, just get Williams in here ASAP and stop d*cking around.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This may smell a little bit like leverage for Williams in negotiating a contract.  Verbal acceptance, agent starts negotiating $ and terms, it goes slow......all of a sudden "there's a phone call from another team" and a possible meeting.

That was my first thought too

15 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

dammit.  If we lose Williams then make Richard an offer fast. 

Mac is such a terrible GM...  I have no confidence he can do anything right. If the Jets mess this one up, which happens to be the only clearcut slam dunk in all of this, then we remain pathetic.  Gase and Mac and Chris Jhnson should be on the phone and backing up the Woody Johnson Trust Fund Brinks truck with the money needed to do this.  Money talks here.  And the Jets are a better landing spot, I think than Washington.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Pretty sure they lost him when they hired couple defensive assistants before they hired him.

Williams has already assumed de facto Head Coaching mantle from Gase.

Sends Gase a list with lunch order and coaching hires. List of defensive Draft picks already on Mac's desk!

Archived