Vince McMahon...

Jet_Engine1

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

At least the XFL has a New York team. The AAF doesn’t have a single team in the northeast. 

Why compete in a saturated market?

establish a presence where there is a demand - developmental leagues are ideal for smaller national markets  where operating costs are not as high. 

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Why compete in a saturated market?

establish a presence where there is a demand - developmental leagues are ideal for smaller national markets  where operating costs are not as high. 

I’m just saying that there’s a team for me to really root for in the XFL. I don’t disagree with what you said though. 

11 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

At least the XFL has a New York team. The AAF doesn’t have a single team in the northeast. 

Oh no! New York doesn't have a 3rd level minor league spring Football team to fill in the spaces between... The Yankees, Jets, Giants, Mets, Red Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Cyclones, FDNY Bravest/NYPD Finest, the Harlem Globetrotters, and Broadway. What ever will you do with your March's? How will you live without the crassly named NY/NJ Hitmen playing sub Texas H.S. level Football?? 

?

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh no! New York doesn't have a 3rd level minor league spring Football team to fill in the spaces between... The Yankees, Jets, Giants, Mets, Red Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Cyclones, FDNY Bravest/NYPD Finest, the Harlem Globetrotters, and Broadway. What ever will you do with your March's? How will you live without the crassly named NY/NJ Hitmen playing sub Texas H.S. level Football?? 

?

You forgot to mention the college teams too. ?

54 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Too late, we have our new alt. Football league. Quietly just walk back the XFL Hillbilly ball league and let it die.  Nobody wants that embarrassment to return.

To be fair, I thought the new XFL is going to be more.... wholesome than last time. 

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wish the AAF would of made a Mississippi team. We want something here. Plus there are a lot of great ball players coming out of college around here that just don’t make it to the league. 

Birmingham is your regional. Got a good QB....dive in, bro!

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wish the AAF would of made a Mississippi team. We want something here. Plus there are a lot of great ball players coming out of college around here that just don’t make it to the league. 

Birmingham has a metro population of 1.5M people while Mississippi's largest metro area - Jackson - only has a metro population just over 500K people. 

The league is about smaller regional football-obsessed markets, IMO, and Birmingham has more lure than anything in poor-ass Mississippi where the the per capita is about $6K more in Alabama ($26K compared to $20K per capita in Mississppi)

plus Bama players who don't get drafted need somewhere to play.  Lol. 

34 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Birmingham has a metro population of 1.5M people while Mississippi's largest metro area - Jackson - only has a metro population just over 500K people. 

The league is about smaller regional football-obsessed markets, IMO, and Birmingham has more lure than anything in poor-ass Mississippi where the the per capita is about $6K more in Alabama ($26K compared to $20K per capita in Mississppi)

plus Bama players who don't get drafted need somewhere to play.  Lol. 

Yeah, that’s true. Don’t know where they would even put one here. Poorest state in America.

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Some interesting outcomes in 2021 for the NFL lockout

1) NFL brings in replacement players to play in the NFL from the AAF

2) NFL doesn't do option 1 and the XFL is the only league playing in 2021

3) total curveball and the NFL players go play for the XFL (0% chance)

I feel comfortable in saying that most of these guys are awful at finances. Last lockout they were taking out loans on future checks. The XFL will have job candidates if that happens. 

16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I think it's the opposite. The AAF was smart enough to largely stick to markets that

1) Don't have NFL football

2) Aren't too cold to sit outdoors in February

3) Are associated with local football talent. (I.e. the Birmingham team has lots of former Alabama and Auburn players on it that will make college fans interested)

Nobody in New York is going to support a minor league football team. People in places like Birmingham, Orlando, and San Antonio might.

Archived