Jets interested in RB Tevin Coleman

LAD_Brooklyn

3/2: The Jets are interested in Tevin Coleman. - Jason La Canfora, CBS

The Jets already have several mediocre running backs on their roster, so they're planning on adding one more to their collection. That said, Coleman is currently fifth in the NFL Free Agent Running Back Rankings, which shows that the free agency group at the position isn't very deep.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasnt long ago under kyle shanahan that tevin coleman was tearing things up for the eagles and everyone loved him.  Sometimes its the system not fitting the player that makes the player not look as good.  Now i dont watch enough falcons games to give you an honest assessment, but if he came at the right price and its someone Gase likes for his offense then I'm perfectly fine with it.

I'm not of the mind of locking up a runningback for big money, they are just too replaceable. 

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

3/2: The Jets are interested in Tevin Coleman. - Jason La Canfora, CBS

The Jets already have several mediocre running backs on their roster, so they're planning on adding one more to their collection. That said, Coleman is currently fifth in the NFL Free Agent Running Back Rankings, which shows that the free agency group at the position isn't very deep.

La Canfora called him mediocre?  Seems incredibly odd considering most of his connections are players/agents.

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

wasnt long ago under kyle shanahan that tevin coleman was tearing things up for the eagles and everyone loved him.  Sometimes its the system not fitting the player that makes the player not look as good.  Now i dont watch enough falcons games to give you an honest assessment, but if he came at the right price and its someone Gase likes for his offense then I'm perfectly fine with it.

I'm not of the mind of locking up a runningback for big money, they are just too replaceable. 

Falcons

Tevin Coleman. Seriously?

We are screwed, I mean 5-6 wins at best screwed, if we don't sign Leveon Bell.

Sooner or later people here are going to realize how bad this team's offense is, and how rarely such a bad team has the opportunity to get a player like Bell for only money.

We have to stop the "running backs are easily replaced" stuff, @HawkeyeJet. Mediocre, jag type RBs are easily replaced. Not 27 year old RBs with Bell's receiving and running skills. Those are not easily replaceable. Or easy to find, as the Jets have proved quite well.

Its amazing how Jet fans love to play GM, criticize the lack of skill players we have, yet thumb their nose at the best skill player available to them.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sooner or later people here are going to realize how bad this team's offense is, and how rarely such a bad team has the opportunity to get a player like Bell for only money.

We have to stop the "running backs are easily replaced" stuff, @HawkeyeJet. Mediocre, jag type RBs are easily replaced. Not 27 year old RBs with Bell's receiving and running skills. Those are not easily replaceable. Or easy to find, as the Jets have proved quite well.

Its amazing how Jet fans love to play GM, criticize the lack of skill players we have, yet thumb their nose at the best skill player available to them.

Where did I say any of that?

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Tonight we gonna party like it’s 1999!

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Good receiver out of the backfield and would cost 10% of what Bell’s whale of a contract would be

He’s basically Powell. A little better but nothing special. He’d be a good signing for the right price but they’ll still need another RB. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

He’s basically Powell. A little better but nothing special. He’d be a good signing for the right price but they’ll still need another RB. 

It’s not a rb league.  The fuss being made over Leveon Bell here is nauseating 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Who we saving for??

Clowney, Trent Brown, Saffold, Matt Paradis, Bradley Roby, Pierre Desir, Dante Fowler, Bennie Logan, Golden Tate — all would help this team way more than a prima Donna running back

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Draft a back in the 3rd round to pair w mcguire.  No need to bring in a free agent rb.

Yeah I’m sure we’ll get a good back in the 3rd Rd... McGuire and this rookie will be very dynamic out of the backfield next year

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s not a rb league.  The fuss being made over Leveon Bell here is nauseating 

I want nothing to do with Bell. It’s a multipurpose RB league or multi-RB league. Coleman would be a nice signing but they’ll still need to get a RB in the 2nd - 4th IMO. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

I want nothing to do with Bell. It’s a multipurpose RB league or multi-RB league. Coleman would be a nice signing but they’ll still need to get a RB in the 2nd - 4th IMO. 

You realize Bell catches 80+ passes a year along with carrying the ball 300 times at over 4 a carry. You don’t think Sam could use that? But jets fans wanna bring in Coleman who cant handle that workload or some rookie in the 3rd rd at least (no 2nd rd pick). Let’s just roll with Elijah McGuire again and his 3 YPC

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You realize Bell catches 80+ passes a year along with carrying the ball 300 times at over 4 a carry. You don’t think Sam could use that? But jets fans wanna bring in Coleman who cant handle that workload or some rookie in the 3rd rd at least (no 2nd rd pick). Let’s just roll with Elijah McGuire again and his 3 YPC

Bell is a douche bag IMO and won’t be helpful in the long run. He’s not worth the contract he’s going to want when there’s no one to block for him. 

How do you think he’s going to act when they’re loading the box against him and he’s getting hit as soon as he gets the ball?

And he’s pretty much made it clear he doesn’t want to play for the Jets he’s only sign here for the money. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

Bell is a douche bag IMO and won’t be helpful in the long run. He’s not worth the contract he’s going to want when there’s no one to block for him. 

How do you think he’s going to act when they’re loading the box against him and he’s getting hit as soon as he gets the ball?

Bell is a big name.  Steelers had 0.0 issue replacing him

Archived