Wouldnt it benefit us more if Kyler dosent go #1?

Team archer

14 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I don’t think any body is worth staying put. This team needs a lot. Not just one guy.

the last time this team traded down they missed out on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior, Jason Ferguson and like 11 goatherders

the trade down only works if the GM can make picks, which ours can't. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Imo, Murray needs to go one or no one will pay the price to go up to three.

If both quarterbacks are sitting there at 3 then you only need to jump to 5 to get ahead of the Giants.

That and the Giants might feel one will drop to them.

I don't think GMs think that way. If you want a QB, you go out and get him. Because you can't assume another team who also wants that QB won't trade up to #3 and undercut everyone else in the market for a QB. 

I've been saying all along that the Jets are in a WIN-WIN at the #3 spot. They really don't have to do much but wait and see how the draft develops. 

It doesn't really matter if Murray goes #1 overall or not. They are pretty much guaranteed to get Allen, QW, Bosa or a TRADE. Worst case scenario is that Bosa and QW are off the board and the Jets don't get the massive haul they were hoping for in trade down so they take Allen. Best case scenario is that Bosa falls to #3- IMO. 

If Murray goes #1 overall, I think the Niners take QW (who IMO will be a great player) and Bosa falls to #3. The Jets run to the podium and take Bosa. It's a no-brainer pick for Macc and regardless of how Bosa turns out it's going to be hard to judge Macc for taking the top Pass Rushing prospect and possibly the top overall prospect in the draft class a #3.  

If Murray goes #1 overall but Niners take Bosa, then it's a little trickier b/c Macc has to decide between Allen or QW. I think he takes QW (who I think will be an All Pro in the NFL). 

If Bosa goes #1 and QW goes #2, the Jets can field offers for Murray OR take Allen. 

It's a WIN-WIN for the Jets. 

So yeah, it's fun to speculate and conjure up ideas of what kind of trade scenarios there might be, but the Jets will end up with a HAUL or a great Pass Rushing prospect no matter what. Jets fan should be excited for the draft. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

don't overthink the issue: any player the Jets don't want (like Kyler Murray) who goes before their pick at 3 is good news 

This. 

If the Jets want to trade down, the thing they need most is the word of a lot of Raider interest in Haskins. If I'm running the Jets, I hire the Russian bots to spread that wildfire. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the last time this team traded down they missed out on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior, Jason Ferguson and like 11 goatherders

the trade down only works if the GM can make picks, which ours can't. 

You cannot operate a team like that, being afraid of getting more picks.  If you do think that way you are defeated and have no hope.

Mac is awful and I do not have confidence him as a draft picker but you still have to operate your team in the most logical way.

35 minutes ago, slats said:

This. 

If the Jets want to trade down, the thing they need most is the word of a lot of Raider interest in Haskins. If I'm running the Jets, I hire the Russian bots to spread that wildfire. 

100% agreed. The Raiders are the wild card here.

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You cannot operate a team like that, being afraid of getting more picks.  If you do think that way you are defeated and have no hope.

Mac is awful and I do not have confidence him as a draft picker but you still have to operate your team in the most logical way.

the most logical way is let Mac take as few picks as possible, reduce risk 

10 hours ago, SR24 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion on here but I'm not passing up the chance to get a pass rusher at #3 UNLESS, we are fleecing whichever team comes up. Especially the Giants I have no interest in 6 and 17 for #3. It's gotta be better than that I'd want 6,their #1 next year and Evan Engram. They traded a top 3 WR into our conference without giving us a call, they want to move up on our dime it's going to cost them a kings ransom. Hopefully they trade up with SF and we get Bosa. If it's Denver I want Miller and #10 for #3 and they can have Lee. 

I'd definitely do #3 for #6 and #17.  

5 hours ago, dcJet said:

Remember the good old days... like a month ago...

when Haskins was a flawed mid first rounder and Murray a tiny second rounder?

This same sh*t happens every year.

Yup and it is very good for us that as expected it is happening.

1 hour ago, adb280z said:

I'd definitely do #3 for #6 and #17.  

I wouldn’t pass up on Nick Bosa,Allen or Williams for that return. I think this defense is 1 elite rushing presence away from being one of the best in the league i’d Need to be blown away to move on from that. 

9 hours ago, PepPep said:

I don't think GMs think that way. If you want a QB, you go out and get him. Because you can't assume another team who also wants that QB won't trade up to #3 and undercut everyone else in the market for a QB. 

it’s a bit of a unique market this year since AZ taking murray #1 takes two QB needy teams out of the mix, given that rosen will presumably end up going to one of the other teams in the hunt for haskins

10 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I wouldn’t pass up on Nick Bosa,Allen or Williams for that return. I think this defense is 1 elite rushing presence away from being one of the best in the league i’d Need to be blown away to move on from that. 

don’t sleep on brian burns at #6... him plus a nice OL at 17 would be a nice haul

11 minutes ago, cant wait said:

don’t sleep on brian burns at #6... him plus a nice OL at 17 would be a nice haul

While I agree the oline could use an addition or two, I’m still cashing in on one of the 2 best edge presences in the draft. Especially now with Houston signing with the colts. Had we signed him id be open to the trade back. 

30 minutes ago, SR24 said:

While I agree the oline could use an addition or two, I’m still cashing in on one of the 2 best edge presences in the draft. Especially now with Houston signing with the colts. Had we signed him id be open to the trade back. 

I hear you, I’ve been in the same boat since the day the jets got the 3rd pick. however the more I see of burns the less of a gap I see between him and the tier 1 group

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000001020714/Brian-Burns-makes-incredibly-athletic-catch-in-OLB-coverage-drill

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Would only need one other player to be drafted in the top 6 to get one of them anyway.  I'd be happy to get Taylor at 6 and either the best defensive player on the board or a weapon like Metcalf at 17.

6 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Would only need one other player to be drafted in the top 6 to get one of them anyway.  I'd be happy to get Taylor at 6 and either the best defensive player on the board or a weapon like Metcalf at 17.

I can’t pass up the chance to lock down our biggest need on defense with an elite talent for a few picks. I think Bosa/Allen are too good and Macs draft record is too spotty to risk either player. 

23 hours ago, Team archer said:

Lets say Bosa goes 1 and Quinnen/Allen goes 2, Kyler sits there at 3. QB needy teams should be selling their bodies to get him right? Remember, Sam was suppose to go #1 but fell so anything can happen. Im not so sure Kyler is a lock unless the Cards announce it. 

No, that would not be better. In that scenario, there are two QBs on the board at 3 that QB needy teams would be OK with, and the Jets aren't taking one, so no need to jump the raiders. You target the Bucs pick at 5 for a trade, and you have to give up less in assets to move up for a QB.

If Murray is gone and you want a QB, you'd better come up to 2 or 3, because there's a real chance the Raiders take Haskins at 4 if he's there.

It's all supply and demand.  The more supply, the less you can charge for it.

it’s a bit of a unique market this year since AZ taking murray #1 takes two QB needy teams out of the mix, given that rosen will presumably end up going to one of the other teams in the hunt for haskins

Very possible but that’s if those teams actually like Rosen.
It could be argued that Haskins has more upside and potential to excite a fan base. Rosen had the tag of the most polished and NFL ready coming out. Now we have a year of film at the NFL level. He didn’t make the best of that time. His situation was poor but he still could have done better.
It might not be that big of a deal and I still think he will be fine, but He didn’t help his value at all.

I think AZ will have to take less than a first to get rid of him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/21/2019 at 9:13 PM, Larz said:

I'm not buying the QB hype this year 

I think a lot of teams want to trade out 

Teams ALWAYS reach for a QB. It’s a religious principle. The real wild cards are the Cards and Raiders. Does KK ship Rosen out? Dues Gruden trade Carr and go with Haskins? It’s going to be quite interesting and will determine how we approach the draft. 

I don't think it matter's if both QB's are there. If a team truly wants Haskins they are going to get him, whatever it takes. I don't feel the same about Murray because all the speculation is about Arizona with him. I really haven't heard much connecting him to any other team. I still don't think the Giants will deal with the Jets but anything is possible.

Hopefully some team gets desperate and drops a boatload of picks in Macc's lap for the pick. Then again you'd have Macc making those picks and that isn't all that appetizing is it?

Archived