Wouldnt it benefit us more if Kyler dosent go #1?

Team archer

Lets say Bosa goes 1 and Quinnen/Allen goes 2, Kyler sits there at 3. QB needy teams should be selling their bodies to get him right? Remember, Sam was suppose to go #1 but fell so anything can happen. Im not so sure Kyler is a lock unless the Cards announce it. 

It may or may not. How do we know teams even like Murray enough to come up for him?

It's been said that if the Cardinals (who would see him as a great fit for KK's system) don't take him at 1 then he'll be in quite a fall (at least outside the Top 10)

Then again, who knows. All it takes is 1 team ??‍♂️

Oh my God. Close this thread!!!

Look, I’ve probably been following the Jets longer then most people on this board, and trust me. This would be the Doomsday scenario for us.

If you know anything about the Jets, and their history, you should know that nothing would ensure Murray becoming an all-time great QB, and Darnold busting, then the Jets having the opportunity to pick, but trading the rights to Kyler Murray.

If you’ve ever wondered about the meaning of the term ”Jetsy” wonder no more. This would be it.

Murray 1 - Amazing that the GM in AZ botched coach and 1st rnd QB, yet still has a job.

Williams 2 - Dee Ford covered their edge rusher need, now they draft a DT, since they haven't picked up Buckner's 5th yr.

Bosa or Allen 3 to the Jets.  Don't care which.

Besides, I don't see who is trading up w/ Jets for a QB.  Giants - No.  Bengals - Maybe.  #11, 2020 first round pick, AJ Green and this year's 2nd or 3rd round pick for #3 and Robby Anderson, because they are desperate for Haskins out of Ohio State, so they can sell tickets during a rebuild?  Sure.  Miami - No.  Redskins - too far back to drop.

Sit tight at #3 and get the pass rusher ya missed out on when Barr got cold feet.

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If he goes first there’s a better chance teams will move up to get a QB because there’s one less to pick. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. If I were Macc the only scenario of the Jets trading down is if Bosa and Allen are both off the board at 3.

5 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. If I were Macc the only scenario of the Jets trading down is if Bosa and Allen are both off the board at 3.

I’ve probably said it more. I think Allen is the most overrated player in this year’s draft and I’m hoping the Jets have nothing to do with him. 

And the Jets need a lot more help then one passrusher. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Look, I’ve probably been following the Jets longer then most people on this board, and trust me. This would be the Doomsday scenario for us.

If you know anything about the Jets, and their history, you should know that nothing would ensure Murray becoming an all-time great QB, and Darnold busting, then the Jets having the opportunity to pick, but trading the rights to Kyler Murray.

If you’ve ever wondered about the meaning of the term ”Jetsy” wonder no more. This would be it.

They don't come more "Jetsy" than you pal.

7 hours ago, King P said:

It may or may not. How do we know teams even like Murray enough to come up for him?

It's been said that if the Cardinals (who would see him as a great fit for KK's system) don't take him at 1 then he'll be in quite a fall (at least outside the Top 10)

Then again, who knows. All it takes is 1 team ??‍♂️

Haskins now improved hist stock to where he can go in the top 3 as well. If that happens and either Bosa is there for us or a large amount of draft picks from a team wanting one of the QBs we are in great shape.

It would benifit us most if the best player fell to us. If both quarterbacks fall to three it is still not a guarantee someone will trade with us for our pick and even less of a guarantee that it will net the huge haul we would hope for. If we get stuck with pick 3 and bosa and Williams or bosa and Allen are off the board that puts us in a worse position.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

This might be an unpopular opinion on here but I'm not passing up the chance to get a pass rusher at #3 UNLESS, we are fleecing whichever team comes up. Especially the Giants I have no interest in 6 and 17 for #3. It's gotta be better than that I'd want 6,their #1 next year and Evan Engram. They traded a top 3 WR into our conference without giving us a call, they want to move up on our dime it's going to cost them a kings ransom. Hopefully they trade up with SF and we get Bosa. If it's Denver I want Miller and #10 for #3 and they can have Lee. 

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Well yeah if we are prepared to ignore the fact that Sam closed his rookie year looking like he was starting to click and Murray should probably go play baseball. 

Really can't see a trade for the number 3 in this draft. There's no team in the top ten that, on paper, is absolutely desperate to land a QB. 

Could certainly opine that some of them do but I don't see desperation. 

Add in the two prospects are generally considered mediocre, can't see the big trade happening. Plus it would seem the team to really leapfrog would be Tampa. That leaves #4 as the trade spot. 

I think we're going to see Bosa "fall" to us.

Using the current hype tha AZ is taking QB and interior pressure becoming a bigger focal point of the defense, I can see the "generational " potential of Williams being too much to pass up.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve probably said it more. I think Allen is the most overrated player in this year’s draft and I’m hoping the Jets have nothing to do with him. 

Who is Josh Allen’s NFL comparable based on Sparq/athletic ability. 

I do think in a 3/4 he is the best edge the Jets have had in a long time.  I don’t know if he is all pro/pro bowl though. 

Maybe a younger Clay Mathews?

4 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Murray 1 - Amazing that the GM in AZ botched coach and 1st rnd QB, yet still has a job.

Williams 2 - Dee Ford covered their edge rusher need, now they draft a DT, since they haven't picked up Buckner's 5th yr.

Bosa or Allen 3 to the Jets.  Don't care which.

Besides, I don't see who is trading up w/ Jets for a QB.  Giants - No.  Bengals - Maybe.  #11, 2020 first round pick, AJ Green and this year's 2nd or 3rd round pick for #3 and Robby Anderson, because they are desperate for Haskins out of Ohio State, so they can sell tickets during a rebuild?  Sure.  Miami - No.  Redskins - too far back to drop.

Sit tight at #3 and get the pass rusher ya missed out on when Barr got cold feet.

The first young gamebreaking WR the Jets have had since Santana Moss? Sure, let's trade him for a 31 year old that has ended 2 of the last 3 seasons on IR.

29 minutes ago, varjet said:

Who is Josh Allen’s NFL comparable based on Sparq/athletic ability. 

I do think in a 3/4 he is the best edge the Jets have had in a long time.  I don’t know if he is all pro/pro bowl though. 

Maybe a younger Clay Mathews?

No idea. I see a one dimensional passrusher that’s not good at stopping the run but is good at coverage. 

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion on here but I'm not passing up the chance to get a pass rusher at #3 UNLESS, we are fleecing whichever team comes up. Especially the Giants I have no interest in 6 and 17 for #3. It's gotta be better than that I'd want 6,their #1 next year and Evan Engram. They traded a top 3 WR into our division without giving us a call, they want to move up on our dime it's going to cost them a kings ransom. Hopefully they trade up with SF and we get Bosa. If it's Denver I want Miller and #10 for #3 and they can have Lee. 

I think you meant to say Conference

We play Browns at home this year..... Williams better be on his game that day.

Honestly, I didn't  thimknRosen was bad last season, he was a rookie QB not quite ready to start. I think he will be good and tje Cards should as well but stranger things have happened. In any case, we need both edge and DT help so I don't  see why you wouldn't  just take Allen, Bosa, or Williams.  Putting Leo and Williams on the DL together could be a nightmare  for opposing  OC's. 

Haskins has improved his draft stock and I think there will be at least 2 teams (Redskins, Dolphins) that will be seriously interested in trading up and a few (Denver, Tampa, Cincinnati) that will be testing the waters.  I think if the Jets strategy is to trade down, they will be able to find a partner, and yes, if Murray is on the board at #3, let the bidding war begin.  Rooting hard for that to happen.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The Giants would not touch Murray. They like big QBs. Haskins at 6’5” with strong arm is that guy. Teams interested in Haskins would need to jump Giants and maybe even the Raiders imo

Good post. One other thing to consider, Giants may also like the Jones kid from Duke.

9 hours ago, Team archer said:

Lets say Bosa goes 1 and Quinnen/Allen goes 2, Kyler sits there at 3. QB needy teams should be selling their bodies to get him right? Remember, Sam was suppose to go #1 but fell so anything can happen. Im not so sure Kyler is a lock unless the Cards announce it. 

I think it’s other way around. If Murray doesn’t go early he could slide, along with Haskins. Then teams think they don’t need to trade up, or at least to 3

I think it really depends on what we want to do. 

If we would rather trade down, I'd say no, we want Bosa to go number 1 overall so that there is a realistic chance that Murray and Haskins are both on the board when we pick at #3. 

If we would rather take the best pass rusher available, then obviously, yes. 

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I didn't  thimknRosen was bad last season, he was a rookie QB not quite ready to start. I think he will be good and tje Cards should as well but stranger things have happened. In any case, we need both edge and DT help so I don't  see why you wouldn't  just take Allen, Bosa, or Williams.  Putting Leo and Williams on the DL together could be a nightmare  for opposing  OC's. 

Trubisky and Goff both didn’t play well as rookies.  The cardinals also had the nfl’s worst or second worst O-line

2 hours ago, sackdance said:

They don't come more "Jetsy" than you pal.

:good: I can't lie, this is probably the exact reply I would've left to my post.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Well yeah if we are prepared to ignore the fact that Sam closed his rookie year looking like he was starting to click and Murray should probably go play baseball. 

I didn't think the Smiley emogi was needed, but I guess it was?

Lesson learned, LOL Especially when a post refers to Darnold Its very easy to hit a nerve.

3 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I’m starting to think this theory is just not the way to go. 

You should be able to trade down and still get a good pass rusher. If you can get say the giants two first picks. You can get your Center and a Pass Rusher. 

I don’t think any body is worth staying put. This team needs a lot. Not just one guy.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

:good: I can't lie, this is probably the exact reply I would've left to my post.

I didn't think the Smiley emogi was needed, but I guess it was?

Lesson learned, LOL Especially when a post refers to Darnold Its very easy to hit a nerve.

I guess we can debate who hit what nerve but nonetheless go Jets 

Archived