Patriots' DC Greg Schiano Stepping Down

rayzor

True story early in Schiano's Rutgers career he lived in Bridgewater N.J on many occasions he rode right past our pop warner practice field. We had an undefeated team who participated in the pop warner day at Rutgers. So I contacted Rutgers to see if he and a few players would be available to stop at a practice and talk to the kids. He shunned us so much for him and his faith. Theres more to this story as to why he abruptly resigned. 

Moot point. Means nothing. It's all about Belly & Brady. How many OC's & DC's have came and gone over the years? How many times has turnover slowed them down? Never. It's all about Bill & Tom and until one of them finally calls it quits they will continue to win. I'm convinced. Randy Moss? Wes Welker? Gronk? OC's? Hah. Just wake me up when Brady retires or hoodie calls it quits. 

I give them a hard time over cheating and will always give them asterisks for their accomplishments but at the end of the day Brady & Belly are a dynamic duo that can never be counted out until out of sight is out of mind. Greatest QB/Head Coaching duo this league has ever seen. It really can't end soon enough. 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

True story early in Schiano's Rutgers career he lived in Bridgewater N.J on many occasions he rode right past our pop warner practice field. We had an undefeated team who participated in the pop warner day at Rutgers. So I contacted Rutgers to see if he and a few players would be available to stop at a practice and talk to the kids. He shunned us so much for him and his faith. Theres more to this story as to why he abruptly resigned. 

He's a dickhead...end of story.

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

DC is just a figurehead anyways. Belicheck is a defensive coach. The schemes are all his. Saban runs the same stuff. 

Probably the real reason Schiano wanted autonomy and Belichick said no 

As we have seen with Romeo, Mangini, and now Patricia the pats defensive coordinators are just glorified clipboard holders for Belichick 

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

He's a dickhead...end of story.

Schiano violated HIPPAA regulations and probably the CBA by leaking to the media that Josh Freeman had a drug problem and was in treatment in 2013 that’s part of the reason he lasted one season as a nfl head coach that and he sucked

All of a sudden Greg Schiano considers faith in his decision good for him he literally robbed Rutgers they built him a home worth over a million-dollars and paid him a huge salary all at the expense of the students and parents who pay tuition. 
How is this any different from literally any college coach?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I would like to thank Mr. Kraft and the Patriots for the opportunity they provided to me but I am resigning as DC of the NEP after being told by Coach Belichick that I should spend more time with my family. This is not the result of any one event, but rather an apparent realization by Coach Belichick that I need to reprioritize things away from the football team.  He was very supportive and I appreciate his thoughtfulness.  Coach Belichick indicated that he would support me any way he can as long as I'm far, far away from the football team.  Thank you.

- Greg Schiano

Interesting.

:P

On 3/29/2019 at 9:59 PM, funaz said:

How is this any different from literally any college coach?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It’s not but it’s a known fact Rutgers actually lost money during the “golden” years of Schiano.  The program actually makes more money now as fodder for ohio st and Michigan due to Big 10 revenue sharing

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s not but it’s a known fact Rutgers actually lost money during the “golden” years of Schiano.  The program actually makes more money now as fodder for ohio st and Michigan due to Big 10 revenue sharing

If it weren't for Schiano and Tim Pernetti, Rutgers would not even be sniffing the Big 10.

Just now, section314 said:

If it weren't for Schiano and Tim Pernetti, Rutgers would not even be sniffing the Big 10.

Not necessarily.  The Big 10 programs like Ohio St and Michigan like to pad their schedules with cupcakes like Rutgers if they didn’t let Rutgers in they just let another crap program 

Im not taking away from Schiano’s accomplishments at Rutgers.  Him simply making the team competitive was an accomplishment but the program lost money for the school while he was there due to bonus he and his assistants all got 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not necessarily.  The Big 10 programs like Ohio St and Michigan like to pad their schedules with cupcakes like Rutgers if they didn’t let Rutgers in they just let another crap program 

Im not taking away from Schiano’s accomplishments at Rutgers.  Him simply making the team competitive was an accomplishment but the program lost money for the school while he was there due to bonus he and his assistants all got 

That's a fair point. If you look at the $ the are paying the clown coach they hired from "the Ohio State University" and the staff he's hired, Schiano and his guys look like bargains. Plus, Schiano and his staff could actually recruit Div.1 players. Now, kids run away from Rutgers like the plague.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, Adoni Beast said:

More dirt on him about to be released by the media?...

That would be my 1st thought. Especially since he mentioned Faith. Cheating on his wife ? Maybe he was with Kraft in Florida. lol

Archived