Patriots' DC Greg Schiano Stepping Down

rayzor

A man of faith working for the biggest group of heathens, who would have guessed he would step down just as Kraft is sticking his tongue out at authorities after getting caught with his pants down?

F the Pats

Less than two months on the job? 
First Gronk, now Schiano? The rats are jumping ship. 

I heard a segment on the radio about a rift between a player the pats just got and schiano. It may have been barret. Forgive me I’m writing fast abs only have a sec. if anyone knows, add it.
But they were saying there was a huge potential problem with having this player and schiano. The ending thought was “ well I’m sure bill wouldn’t bring both guys in if there was going to be an issue.” As if bill was too smart for that.
Maybe this is a derivative of that rift. And one had to go.

Really the most logical thing in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

heard a segment on the radio about a rift between a player the pats just got and schiano. It may have been barret. Forgive me I’m writing fast abs only have a sec. if anyone knows, add it.

Here you go Bean,  Strange deal.  Seems to me that there's something personal going on in his life that was the driving force behind this "decision".  A guy doesn't leave a job just because he doesn't have a great relationship with Michael Bennett.  Bennett is a douche bag [Kaepernick soldier}, but doesn't have the power to push Schiano towards the door. He's no Lebron James, after all.  There's got to be an underlying reason.  Schiano himself does have a strange "work history".   Time will tell, or maybe not.  Just another day in "Cheatsville".  Lots of bodies in the woods.

Huh. Huh! Former Pats player Jerod Mayo was just hired Wednesday as the team’s linebackers coach, but he was expected to be working with Schiano and the rest of the defensive staff. Another thing worth mentioning is that defensive end Michael Bennett, who was traded to New England on March 14, played for Schiano on the Bucs and very much disliked the experience:

“He gathered us before we practiced and told us that if Belichick said something to us on the field, we should listen,” one current Bucs player recalls. “He said, ‘Treat their coaches like they’re your coaches.’ We were like, ‘Huh?’ When we practiced together, whatever Belichick wanted, he did. It was hilarious — here (Schiano) is, acting like Mr. Tough Guy all the time, and when Belichick wanted something he was like, ‘Yes, Bill.’ “

Bennett, who laughs at the recollection, put it this way: “He’s trying to be Belichick. Yeah, some people think Belichick’s an (expletive), but he’s a legend. When this guy acts that way, it’s a whole different deal.”

Archived