Mini Camp Thread

IndianaJet

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Now imagine my bike had plans and a work out regiment that were determined to allow my bike to become an motorcycle in the spring.

Would I then be super whiney for no reason?

So you've been working out turning your bike into a motorcycle for over a year and you can't take a break to let your kid see the bike on Christmas morning? 

How is complaining about your biggest FA signing in history not showing up for OTAs "super whiney"?

It's not likely going to effect how he performs this year one way or another.

But come on, man.  

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Of course not.  Thats why the jets need to take a back w one of those 3rd round picks.

Bell is a total clown and theres no way in hell this is going to workout for the jets. 

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Honestly I think the guy who just sat out a year and is now the highest paid player on the Jets offense could set an example by showing up to what’s essentially a team picnic for 2 hours this week. Why even argue this?

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Bell a No-Show:

REAL FANZ (TM): SOJF ALWAYS WHINING, DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT VOLUNTARY MEANS?

Had Bell Participated:

REAL FANZ (TM): SEE, SOJF WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS WERK ETHIC, HERE HE IS ON DAY ONE OF VOLUNTARY MINI-CAMP.

You guys realize this is 3 day voluntary mini-camp that only teams with new Head Coaches are allowed, they're literally running zero of the playbook just doing positional drills and they only practice for 1 hour, right?  

And you do realize the Bell has been participating in every single offseason program other than these 3 days, and he's been on location since April 8th, right?  

lmfao

There is literally no reason for him to be out there in April.  April.  For an hour a day.

Bell is going to be a beast for the Jets.  

I like the vids I've seen where Gase seems to telling everyone to go fast and hurry up - trying to get more reps and keep things moving.  That's a nice refreshing change after the last couple of years.  Proof is in the pudding, of course, but that's a positive sign

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

You guys realize this is 3 day voluntary mini-camp that only teams with new Head Coaches are allowed, they're literally running zero of the playbook just doing positional drills and they only practice for 1 hour, right?  

And you do realize the Bell has been participating in every single offseason program other than these 3 days, and he's been on location since April 8th, right?  

lmfao

There is literally no reason for him to be out there in April.  April.  For an hour a day.

agree.  if he was there and he somehow got hurt/pulled something people would be b*tching about why is he out there.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao

There’s also no reason for him not to be out there. 

Again, it’s not going to affect his play in any way but-and this is just me- if it were a choice between having my prized offseason FA pickup at this silly camp or not, I’d prefer that HE preferred to be there. 

Not whinning mind you, just disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, jbt said:

agree.  if he was there and he somehow got hurt/pulled something people would be b*tching about why is he out there.

So what you are saying is that you got a shiny new Gotham green bike for Christmas. It’s snowing...so you’re parents say you can’t take it out. Instead of listening, you sneak out the back and take it for a ride. Going down the hill you lose control on black ice and hit the ground...HARD. The Gotham green bike now has a bit of an olive hue to it and the front wheel is bent. You go back home and complain to your parents that they should have locked the bike so that you wouldn’t have been able to sneak it out. 

4 minutes ago, jbt said:

100%.  Pull a hammy that lingers or blowing out an achilles so you can take part in the 3 man weave isnt doing anyone favors and it's not making the Jets or Bell any better or worse come week 1.

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Again, it’s not going to affect his play in any way but-and this is just me- if it were a choice between having my prized offseason FA pickup at this silly camp or not, I’d prefer that HE preferred to be there. 

Who knows he may have some commitment that he couldn't miss.  Not like this is an OTA that every team has scheduled.  He's been coming in for everything else so don't see it as a big deal.  I bet it was cleared with Gase and means nothing to anyone with the Jets.

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So you've been working out turning your bike into a motorcycle for over a year and you can't take a break to let your kid see the bike on Christmas morning? 

How is complaining about your biggest FA signing in history not showing up for OTAs "super whiney"?

It's not likely going to effect how he performs this year one way or another.

But come on, man.  

Because he’s signed for the season not for voluntary minicamps. He was around last week for the workouts and isn’t around this week. He’s a veteran, he knows what he needs to be ready for the season. 

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Now imagine my bike had plans and a work out regiment that were determined to allow my bike to become an motorcycle in the spring.

Would I then be super whiney for no reason?

Whatever. Its dumb for him to no-show. Just report to work, don't even have to work that hard. Just show the organization and that paid you that you're 100% invested. Perhaps quiet the rumblings that are still coming from your old team that you aren't a "team" guy?

Bad form, crappy look. Dude needs to figure out if he wants to be a Football player or a Rapper.....and he's only good at 1 of those things....That's all. 

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Do you know that there is no reason for him not to be out there?  Maybe there is.  What if he shows up for the next 2 days?  It could very well be the team holding out there prized offseason acquisition and not a Bell decision.  We dont have any of these answers. 

What I do know; is that these 3 days are the most meaningless "practice" that any team takes part in and Bell has been on location participating in everything other than these 3 days of "practice" since April 8th.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Whatever. Its dumb for him to no-show. Just report to work, don't even have to work that hard. Just show the organization and that paid you that you're invested, maybe meet your new teammates? Perhaps quiet the rumblings that are still coming from your old team that you aren't a "team" guy?

Bad form, crappy look. Dude needs to figure out if he wants to be a Football player or a Rapper.....and he's only good at 1 of those things....That's all. 

I think he’s figured out being a football player? The guy’s been posting his workouts and knows his body. He’s here to win during the season not during a random week in April.

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Well I am bitching and whining and I think it's a travesty! Only modern-day me player types pull this kind of crap. Working out on your own is the total opposite of emphasis on team. Peyton Manning played the Super Bowl after four neck surgeries and Aaron Rogers continued playing with a broken leg.  Chrebet and Coles were forced out of the league because of too many concussions do you think they would have ever missed voluntary training camp cuz they  "got paid" and we're working out on their own? The attitudes of these young dudes is becoming so much of a turn-off I'm thinking of just not watching sports anymore.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I think he’s figured out being a football player? The guy’s been posting his workouts and knows his body. He’s here to win during the season not during a random week in April.

Please reread my post again. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who knows he may have some commitment that he couldn't miss.  Not like this is an OTA that every team has scheduled.  He's been coming in for everything else so don't see it as a big deal.  I bet it was cleared with Gase and means nothing to anyone with the Jets.

I'm quite confident the team knows whats up.  He's been in the building since the 8th.  If this were a matter of "where's Bell?", we'd know about it.

That doesnt seem to be the case: 

Adam Gase said Le’Veon Bell was at the first week of the offseason workouts. He says it’s voluntary and Bell knows how to get his body ready.

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Please reread my post again. Thanks.

You worry that he should decide being a football player or a rapper. I’m saying that he knows how to be a football player already. He’s got nothing to figure out. And because I don’t think a half speed non-contact practice matters to a veteran, i reiterate that caring about this is at most, whiney. And he was around last week doing the workouts with his teammates. 

Also his coach said he’ll defer to the player knowing what he needs to be ready for real practices.

51 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Bell a No-Show:

REAL FANZ (TM): SOJF ALWAYS WHINING, DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT VOLUNTARY MEANS?

Had Bell Participated:

REAL FANZ (TM): SEE, SOJF WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS WERK ETHIC, HERE HE IS ON DAY ONE OF VOLUNTARY MINI-CAMP.

So you're already whining about Bell or SOJFs or real fans? Either way, it's good to know your whining level is in mid-season form in April. 

51 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I like the vids I've seen where Gase seems to telling everyone to go fast and hurry up - trying to get more reps and keep things moving.  That's a nice refreshing change after the last couple of years.  Proof is in the pudding, of course, but that's a positive sign

He did that as the Dolphins HC...what's different about it now?

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

Do you know that there is no reason for him not to be out there?  Maybe there is.  What if he shows up for the next 2 days?  It could very well be the team holding out there prized offseason acquisition and not a Bell decision.  We dont have any of these answers. 

What I do know; is that these 3 days are the most meaningless "practice" that any team takes part in and Bell has been on location participating in everything other than these 3 days of "practice" since April 8th.

44 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

38 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You worry that he should decide being a football player or a rapper. I’m saying that he knows how to be a football player already. He’s got nothing to figure out. And because I don’t think a half speed non-contact practice matters to a veteran, i reiterate that caring about this is at most, whiney. And he was around last week doing the workouts with his teammates. 

Also his coach said he’ll defer to the player knowing what he needs to be ready for real practices.

Ok hold on a cotton picking minute here.

Nothing that happens this week is going to impact how Bell and/or the Jets play this season and Bell is a professional football player and world class athlete who knows how to get himself in prime shape to excel and these OTAs are nothing more than glorified get-togethers.

Yes.  NONE of it matters. And maybe he had something already planned and maybe he shows up tomorrow.

And clearly OTAs are 100% voluntary.  And the coach is fine with it.  And maybe all of his teammates. 

We get all that. 

But why can't we--as Jet FANS--be mildly disappointed that he decided not to show up?

And why the f*ck is that whining?

I don't get it.  

28 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Ok hold on a cotton picking minute here.

Nothing that happens this week is going to impact how Bell and/or the Jets play this season and Bell is a professional football player and world class athlete who knows how to get himself in prime shape to excel and these OTAs are nothing more than glorified get-togethers.

Yes.  NONE of it matters. And maybe he had something already planned and maybe he shows up tomorrow.

And clearly OTAs are 100% voluntary.  And the coach is fine with it.  And maybe all of his teammates. 

We get all that. 

But why can't we--as Jet FANS--be mildly disappointed that he decided not to show up?

And why the f*ck is that whining?

I don't get it.  

Read this post your wrote to yourself out loud and answer the bolded question

2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

exactly.  All this complaining about the football on the helmet, etc.  when you are watching a game/practice, you can't even notice it!  but that green!!!!  man I love it!

lol.  The best thing about the mini clip-art football is that you don't notice it.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

lmfao

The last time Leveon Bell deigned to play football, he averaged 4.0 yards per carry and 7.7 yards per reception. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The last time Leveon Bell deigned to play football, he averaged 4.0 yards per carry and 7.7 yards per reception. 

Is it lame to point out that it’s a team sport and it’d be nice if the high priced veteran players set the tone for the season by showing up to a T-shirt and shorts “practice” 

Gase wouldn’t be running the practice if it were a waste of time. 

Theres no real way of defending no showing these other than pointing out its voluntary which only perpetual malcontents seem to take advantage of.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is it lame to point out that it’s a team sport and it’d be nice if the high priced veteran players set the tone for the season by showing up to a T-shirt and shorts “practice” 

Gase wouldn’t be running the practice if it were a waste of time. 

Theres no real way of defending no showing these other than pointing out its voluntary which only perpetual malcontents seem to take advantage of.

Considering the PR beating Bell has taken over the last year, you’d think someone would tell him to at least act like a good soldier, especially for the one and only team that felt like paying you to play for them. This puts Gase in a bad spot, too. First day on the job and these are the questions he has to answer.

Archived