Mini Camp Thread

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Didn't see one so I'll post a few tweets....can't follow up all day on this though.

Biggest thing appears to be no Bell

I'm not worried.  I doubt he's fully ready for football activity yet anyway.  Last thing we need is a blown hammy or something.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Didn't see one so I'll post a few tweets....can't follow up all day on this though.

Biggest thing appears to be no Bell

funny - I saw this thread and thought it was going to be about how Bell is not there.  PFT has an article about him no-showing, less than a week after calling out Coughlin for getting on players for no-showing their voluntary.....gotta love "journalists"....

so...is it bad that players don't show for voluntary workouts, or...is it bad when coaches/front office call them out for it?  meh we'll just write a story on both!!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

I hate to agree with this guy about anything, but he is right. The new helmets DO look cool!

exactly.  All this complaining about the football on the helmet, etc.  when you are watching a game/practice, you can't even notice it!  but that green!!!!  man I love it!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Of course not.  Thats why the jets need to take a back w one of those 3rd round picks.

Bell is a total clown and theres no way in hell this is going to workout for the jets. 

I don’t think it’s going to work either and this is fairly predictable/disappointing.

And the Jets have brought in a ton of backs pre-draft I’m assuming as the inevitable insurance policy.

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think it’s going to work either and this is fairly predictable/disappointing.

And the Jets have brought in a ton of backs pre-draft I’m assuming as the inevitable insurance policy.

What don't you think is going to work out exactly? He just won't ever show up? He'll suck when he plays?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Jets LB Darron Lee did not report for OTAs.

Lee's roster spot is in question after the Jets signed C.J. Mosley to a big deal in free agency, so it makes sense for him to stay away from the team until the situation is resolved. That could happen this weekend during the draft. Coming off his best season as a pro, Lee should draw interest if the Jets make him available.

Apr 23, 2019, 11:29 AM
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Honestly I think the guy who just sat out a year and is now the highest paid player on the Jets offense could set an example by showing up to what’s essentially a team picnic for 2 hours this week. Why even argue this?

Exactly.  I know they aren't rah-rah type of guys but this is the time when he should be bonding with his new teammates and show that he's actually a team guy and not a me-first dog.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wait Bell didn’t show up? Lolz

Bell a No-Show:

REAL FANZ (TM): SOJF ALWAYS WHINING, DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT VOLUNTARY MEANS?

Had Bell Participated:

REAL FANZ (TM): SEE, SOJF WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS WERK ETHIC, HERE HE IS ON DAY ONE OF VOLUNTARY MINI-CAMP.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Honestly I think the guy who just sat out a year and is now the highest paid player on the Jets offense could set an example by showing up to what’s essentially a team picnic for 2 hours this week. Why even argue this?

Didn't really answer the question I asked, but alright...

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What don't you think is going to work out exactly? He just won't ever show up? He'll suck when he plays?

The guy lacks common sense.  Your first year after sitting out you show up to your new teams workouts.  Even if its for optics purposes only.  

But he cares so little and its painfully obvious.  Players like this dont work out after they get paid.  We have all seen this.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Complaining about a veteran RB not showing up for the voluntary practices in April is... disappointing.

So you get a new toy for Christmas--you know it's a shiny new top of the line metallic green bike--but since it's snowy and icy out your parents decide not to give it to you- won't even let you look at it--until it warms up outside.

Are you allowed to be disappointed?  Can you complain to your siblings who are all playing with their toys?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

So you get a new toy for Christmas--you know it's a shiny new top of the line metallic green bike--but since it's snowy and icy out your parents decide not to give it to you- won't even let you look at it--until it warms up outside.

Are you allowed to be disappointed?  Can you complain to your siblings who are all playing with their toys?

Now imagine my bike had plans and a work out regiment that were determined to allow my bike to become an motorcycle in the spring.

Would I then be super whiney for no reason?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Bell a No-Show:

REAL FANZ (TM): SOJF ALWAYS WHINING, DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT VOLUNTARY MEANS?

Had Bell Participated:

REAL FANZ (TM): SEE, SOJF WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS WERK ETHIC, HERE HE IS ON DAY ONE OF VOLUNTARY MINI-CAMP.

Please forgive everyone for having an opinion

• Haha 2