Cimini podcast

WowOhWow

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was actually really good, but it’s funny listening to Cimini pick up his cadence for radio. 

Odd moment about halfway through: he has Pauline on and after going over each pick Cimini says goodbye to Pauline. Then Cimini says “Tony between just us...” and it sounds like Pauline thinks he’s off the record and he says about Edoga that he heard at the Senior Bowl Edoga was “bipolar” and had some personality issues and possibly substance abuse issues. Pretty crazy, and I wonder if Pauline knows they’re broadcasting that part of the tape

Then Pauline asks Cimini if he has any info about the Macc-Gase rift, and Cimini says that it’s real, but the Jets aren’t going to fire Macc at this point, but Chris Johnson is in the building watching over it. 

35 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Cimini has a new podcast out and it's very good.  Highly recommend it.

One caveat - it's depressing as hell.  We are a very poorly run team.  Macc is terrible.

So no different than everything he writes about the Jets.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OCimini saying he got texts from two different scouts on different teams confirming that they heard the same things Pauline reported, and that an agent and another personnel guy called Cimini to see if it was true.

If Polite and Edoga come out of the gates dogging it there better be some consequences for Maccagnan.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If Polite and Edoga come out of the gates dogging it there better be some consequences for Maccagnan.

There’s no way Polite is going to take to hard coaching if what Cimini says he heard about him are true. All the red flags.

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Tom Shane-All Jet Beat reporters are neophyte, lazy hacks.

Also, Tom Shane- Here is what Cimini said that supports my agendas.

This is terrible use of this meme. Cimini is the only one left doing real journalism on the Jets beat. In the middle is Manish, who knows what journalism is, but chooses to use those skills to be a clickbait Pez dispenser. Everyone else in the field is 30 and under and they do all of their “reporting” via RT from their couch in their pajamas because they’re lazy and cheap. People like you hate Cimini because he’s been accurately reporting that the Jets have been a clown college for the majority of the last thirty years. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is terrible use of this meme. Cimini is the only one left doing real journalism on the Jets beat. In the middle is Manish, who knows what journalism is, but chooses to use those skills to be a clickbait Pez dispenser. Everyone else in the field is 30 and under and they do all of their “reporting” via RT from their couch in their pajamas because they’re lazy and cheap. People like you hate Cimini because he’s been accurately reporting that the Jets have been a clown college for the majority of the last thirty years. 

"People like me". 

Never take yourself too serious, Tommy Boy. Never.

EDIT-BTW, Cimini is the one that reported things are "smoothed over" in the Jets FO.

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That was actually really good, but it’s funny listening to Cimini pick up his cadence for radio. 

Odd moment about halfway through: he has Pauline on and after going over each pick Cimini says goodbye to Pauline. Then Cimini says “Tony between just us...” and it sounds like Pauline thinks he’s off the record and he says about Edoga that he heard at the Senior Bowl Edoga was “bipolar” and had some personality issues and possibly substance abuse issues. Pretty crazy, and I wonder if Pauline knows they’re broadcasting that part of the tape

Then Pauline asks Cimini if he has any info about the Macc-Gase rift, and Cimini says that it’s real, but the Jets aren’t going to fire Macc at this point, but Chris Johnson is in the building watching over it. 

Was this like the ending scene from The Jinx? 

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Cimini has a new podcast out and it's very good.  Highly recommend it.

One caveat - it's depressing as hell.  We are a very poorly run team.  Macc is terrible.

Thanks for the recommendation Rich ?

3 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Maybe Cimini will charge $20 per month like Francessa. I hear that's a great business model.

Francessa charges 20 bucks?  ____  You'd have to pay me 20 bucks a month to listen to that guy.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That he’s a pain in the ass not particularly beloved by teammates and coaches or some such

Yeah, that's not true at all.  He was voted a team captain by his teammates for numerous games.  (they do it by games at UF under Mullen).  Grantham loved him and compared him to Ware and Houston numerous times throughout the season.   He had an entire new coaching staff this season and was immediately made a starter yet he barely started under the regime that recruited him.    

This was a team riddled with off field issues under McElwain, Polite was never an issue.  He fell out of "favor" half way through the season when it was a full gone conclusion he was leaving as his stock was rising.  Mullen and Grantham felt like he was being poorly advised.  That's it.  Just some good old fashion butt hurt from a coach who wanted him to stay longer. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

OCimini saying he got texts from two different scouts on different teams confirming that they heard the same things Pauline reported, and that an agent and another personnel guy called Cimini to see if it was true.

Can't tell if this was in reference to the Macc firing rumors or the Edoga rumors?

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, that's not true at all.  He was voted a team captain by his teammates for numerous games.  (they do it by games at UF under Mullen).  Grantham loved him and compared him to Ware and Houston numerous times throughout the season.   He had an entire new coaching staff this season and was immediately made a starter yet he barely started under the regime that recruited him.    

This was a team riddled with off field issues under McElwain, Polite was never an issue.  He fell out of "favor" half way through the season when it was a full gone conclusion he was leaving as his stock was rising.  Mullen and Grantham felt like he was being poorly advised.  That's it.  Just some good old fashion butt hurt from a coach who wanted him to stay longer. 

Come on man...you're letting facts get in the way of the narrative....

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

College coaches that do that crap are really myopic. They should realize that recruits and and athletes see that crap and that it will affect them in recruiting studs to come to school. 

the reality of college football is now that you will have a certain percentage of kids that will be leaving after 3 years, and a certain percentage that will enter the transfer portal.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Word. I’ve seen the stuff about him being a handful in a few spots, but who knows if they’re all just repeating the same rumor. 

23 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Not likeable? Look at this segment and tell me if you think he’s disliked by his teammates..
http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe that’s a real show. It looks like a spinoff of Pee Wee’s Playhouse.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

College coaches that do that crap are really myopic. They should realize that recruits and and athletes see that crap and that it will affect them in recruiting studs to come to school. 

the reality of college football is now that you will have a certain percentage of kids that will be leaving after 3 years, and a certain percentage that will enter the transfer portal.

Meh, Saban does this all the time.  He just this offseason took a shot at Ronnie Harrison for leaving early and tried to justify it because he could have made more money because he would have been selected higher if he stays.  Ignoring that he could have gone the other direction with an injury but it was purely because he D got throttled in the playoffs and didnt have strength on the backend.   That comment wont slow down recruiting and it didnt slow down recruiting for Florida either....both had a great classes. 

As you said, the transfer portal creates a different dynamic completely.

56 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Yeah...this Polite guy....he never plays hard.  Just a terrible pick.

My god.  I don't think I've ever seen someone almost bust up a play 6 yards in the backfield and then make the tackle 25 yards down the field.

is it me, or does it seem to anyone else that the people perpetuating the jets rumors are the ones who are no longer getting fed information directly from the gm like manish is now?  all these other jet writers and wannabees would certainly benefit if mccagnan left and they had a chance to make new inroads.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Word. I’ve seen the stuff about him being a handful in a few spots, but who knows if they’re all just repeating the same rumor. 

Being a handful = not wanting to stay at Florida.  He wouldnt listen to Mullen and Grantham who tried to convince him to stay another year because that was "the best thing for his career".  That turned into - he's a handful, the coaches didnt love him, he doesnt listen, the team didnt love him...all of this materialized when he wouldnt stay.

Coming out of the Fall camp, the word around campus was Polite had by far the best camp, worked the hardest, set the tone for the D and was the best player on the team.  7 players were suspended for the opener, Polite was a captain that game. 

Pure rumor b.s.  Not a word of it is true.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

is it me, or does it seem to anyone else that the people perpetuating the jets rumors are the ones who are no longer getting fed information directly from the gm like manish is now?  all these other jet writers and wannabees would certainly benefit if mccagnan left and they had a chance to make new inroads.

If Maccagnan was fired, they’d be left with Gase who has an open contempt of all of them. There’s no question it’s in all their best interests to keep Maccagnan employed at this point.

Archived