Jets Announce 2019 Game Themes

Themes.png

The NY Jets have announced the “game themes” for the upcoming season. Based on the descriptions below it seems like the Jets will wear the gotham green uniform week one, black uniforms week two and the spotlight white vs the Cowboys.

• September 8th vs Bills — Green out and gotham green flag giveaway
  • September 16th vs Browns – First responders night and stealth black rally towel giveaway
  • October 13th vs Cowboys – NFL Celebration and spotlight white rally towel giveaway
  • October 21st vs Patriots – Kevin Mawae Hall of Fame night
  • November 10th vs Giants – Salute to Service day
  • November 24th vs Raiders – Star Wars day and Star Wars player bobblehead giveaway
  • December 8th vs Dolphins – Kids day featuring WWE
  • December 22nd vs Steelers – Fan appreciation day

Themes.png

The post Jets Announce 2019 Game Themes appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
_VUmdXlrwA4

Click here to read the full story...

3 hours ago, JetNation said:

Themes.png

The NY Jets have announced the “game themes” for the upcoming season. Based on the descriptions below it seems like the Jets will wear the gotham green uniform week one, black uniforms week two and the spotlight white vs the Cowboys.

• September 8th vs Bills — Green out and gotham green flag giveaway
  • September 16th vs Browns – First responders night and stealth black rally towel giveaway
  • October 13th vs Cowboys – NFL Celebration and spotlight white rally towel giveaway
  • October 21st vs Patriots – Kevin Mawae Hall of Fame night
  • November 10th vs Giants – Salute to Service day
  • November 24th vs Raiders – Star Wars day and Star Wars player bobblehead giveaway
  • December 8th vs Dolphins – Kids day featuring WWE
  • December 22nd vs Steelers – Fan appreciation day

Themes.png

The post Jets Announce 2019 Game Themes appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

_VUmdXlrwA4

Click here to read the full story...

Wake me when it's White Helmet Night.

Why the f*ck are we wearing all Green at 1:00 in early September when it could be 85 degrees out and 100 degrees on the field in full sun?

We should be wearing all white at home until the temps (and sun) goes below the horizon.

Did any of these idiots take science class in middle school?

Dark colors absorb light, light colors (especially white-which--don't be jagging with me--white's a color or a shade all the same) reflect light. 

Bill's going to be decked out in all white unis cool as cucumbers.  White cucumbers.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Why the f*ck are we wearing all Green at 1:00 in early September when it could be 85 degrees out and 100 degrees on the field in full sun?

We should be wearing all white at home until the temps (and sun) goes below the horizon.

Did any of these idiots take science class in middle school?

Dark colors absorb light, light colors (especially white-which--don't be jagging with me--white's a color or a shade all the same) reflect light. 

Bill's going to be decked out in all white unis cool as cucumbers.  White cucumbers.  

Because whites are normally road jerseys. These guys will be in shape, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like we're playing in Miami.

26 minutes ago, RobR said:

Because whites are normally road jerseys. These guys will be in shape, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like we're playing in Miami.

Not really--the white jerseys are a team by team decision--the Cowboys have always worn white at home and if you've been in the stadium in early September, it's just like Miami.

Any edge we can get we should take.

Dark uni's in the hot early afternoon September sun is stupid.

I've roasted in that stadium in September and I was in the stands, not playing and not on the turf.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Not really--the white jerseys are a team by team decision--the Cowboys have always worn white at home and if you've been in the stadium in early September, it's just like Miami.

Any edge we can get we should take.

Dark uni's in the hot early afternoon September sun is stupid.

I've roasted in that stadium in September and I was in the stands, not playing and not on the turf.  

They'll be fine. The team will have just gone through camp and preseason in late July and August. If they lose at home to the Bills it's not going to be because of the color of the jerseys they decided to wear.

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

They'll be fine. The team will have just gone through camp and preseason in late July and August. If they lose at home to the Bills it's not going to be because of the color of the jerseys they decided to wear.

Every team has just gone through camp and preseason in late July and August.  Everyone is in shape.

So we should give the visiting team a benefit, regardless of how insignificant you think it is.

And if it were the Pats and not the Bills?

The greatest fraud in the history of sports took 2 psi out of the football to get a minimal benefit.

Richard Nixon spied on a dude he was going to beat by 220 electoral votes. 

Take every advantage you can.

To do otherwise is moronic.

But sure, let's be hotter than our opponents.  In our building.  

It's a good strategy.

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Every team has just gone through camp and preseason in late July and August.  Everyone is in shape.

So we should give the visiting team a benefit, regardless of how insignificant you think it is.

The greatest fraud in the history of sports took 2 psi out of the football to get a minimal benefit.

It's a good strategy.

You're really going overboard with this. You're talking about the difference between a white or green jersey. The players will not care nor feel the difference on gameday. 

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're really going overboard with this. You're talking about the difference between a white or green jersey. The players will not care nor feel the difference on gameday. 

If our guys are slightly more gassed then the guys in white and we lose 1 game by 1 point then yeah, that’s the point. 

Why give the opponent ANY advantage. 

But I guess science doesn’t matter. 

It's a good strategy.

Take every advantage you can even if it means you end up losing because you took an "advantage" you didn't have to.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So I'm guessing that Week 2 will be the first time in team history that the Jets take the field wearing black uniforms.  Pretty sweet.  I'll be at that one.

675-D49-FE-15-A7-450-D-9-BE2-38-A6718-F3

89494976-5-BFE-4318-A588-419457-DEA22-D.

A94-B3205-E78-B-4800-84-A9-2-FA7-D31-E94

I’ll be representing in my new Stealth Black Elite #33.  I really love the look against the green helmets.  I saw the helmets in the flesh at camp last week and they are stunning  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If our guys are slightly more gassed then the guys in white and we lose 1 game by 1 point then yeah, that’s the point. 

Why give the opponent ANY advantage. 

But I guess science doesn’t matter. 

FF7-F3-A04-0-AAE-42-CE-AAAE-457-C96-C1-D

Standing on the wrong side of the field in September is the real crime, not the color of the polyester. 

Let’s bake our players and make the coaching staff blind and squint-ached by staring into the sun while letting our opponents enjoy the shade.  

Genius.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

FF7-F3-A04-0-AAE-42-CE-AAAE-457-C96-C1-D

Standing on the wrong side of the field in September is the real crime, not the color of the polyester. 

Let’s bake our players and make the coaching staff blind and squint-ached by staring into the sun while letting our opponents enjoy the shade.  

Genius.

SAR I

It's amazing how people just don't get that.  I even picked my PSL seat locations based on the September shade.

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

675-D49-FE-15-A7-450-D-9-BE2-38-A6718-F3

89494976-5-BFE-4318-A588-419457-DEA22-D.

A94-B3205-E78-B-4800-84-A9-2-FA7-D31-E94I’ll be representing in my new Stealth Black Elite #33.  I really love the look against the green helmets.

Remind me of the differences between the Nike Game, Vapor Limited and Vapor Untouchable Elite jerseys.  It seems that there are now 3 levels of jersey when in the past I simply remember a Replica type jersey and the Authentic.  This "Limited" jersey in between seems odd.

Men's Nike Black New York Jets Player Game Jersey - $99

Men's Nike Stealth Black New York Jets Vapor Limited Jersey - $149

Men's Nike Stealth Black New York Jets Vapor Untouchable Elite Custom Jersey - $349

https://www.jetsshop.com/new-york-jets-men-jerseys/t-25823766+ga-45+d-92334237+z-91-988836604

I saw the helmets in the flesh at camp last week and they are stunning  

SAR I

The helmets look sick.  I got my father the high quality full-size replica one for an upper shelf in his office.  It's a great gift.  I'd only spring for the authentic one if you expect to pass it around and hold it where you'd notice the weight difference.  This one isn't light per se, but it's not as heavy as the real McCoy.

IMG_6242.thumb.jpg.3d20ebdd8c7784312a39cfdb55644981.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Remind me of the differences between the Nike Game, Vapor Limited and Vapor Untouchable Elite jerseys.  It seems that there are now 3 levels of jersey when in the past I simply remember a Replica type jersey and the Authentic.  This "Limited" jersey in between seems odd.

Men's Nike Black New York Jets Player Game Jersey - $99

Men's Nike Stealth Black New York Jets Vapor Limited Jersey - $149

Men's Nike Stealth Black New York Jets Vapor Untouchable Elite Custom Jersey - $349

https://www.jetsshop.com/new-york-jets-men-jerseys/t-25823766+ga-45+d-92334237+z-91-988836604

The helmets look sick.  I got my father the high quality full-size replica one for an upper shelf in his office.  It's a great gift.  I'd only spring for the authentic one if you expect to pass it around and hold it where you'd notice the weight difference.  This one isn't light per se, but it's not as heavy as the real McCoy.

IMG_6242.thumb.jpg.3d20ebdd8c7784312a39cfdb55644981.jpg

Elite is 100% stitched and labeled OnField whereas all the others are iron-on’s of different degrees. 

That helmet is awesome. Hope your dad is enjoying it. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Elite is 100% stitched and labeled OnField whereas all the others are iron-on’s of different degrees. 

That helmet is awesome. Hope your dad is enjoying it. 

SAR I

Thanks.  The Elite is what I'm going to get but need to nail down the player.  I don't own a single current player jersey.  I have 3 authentics...Namath, Klecko and Martin.  Betting on a current player is a little dicey for me but might lean towards Mosley.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Thanks.  The Elite is what I'm going to get but need to nail down the player.  I don't own a single current player jersey.  I have 3 authentics...Namath, Klecko and Martin.  Betting on a current player is a little dicey for me but might lean towards Mosley.

Sam is the next sure thing. Go big.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Is it just me or does the "white rally towel" on Oct 13th sound like a very poorly thought out marketing title?

It can only be viewed on the WET (White Entertainment Television).