a supreme court decision serves as a victory for the redskins’.. ~ ~ ~

kelly

8 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

It is, not for everyone, just racists.

The term "human nature" refers to being true across the board.  You can't use that term and apply it only to a group of humans. 

And the world isn't divided into, say, 90 % "regular people" and 10 % "racists".  There's a continuum involved here.  And people who say they're not racist but then shrug their shoulders at racism are doing a lot more harm than good. 

" The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The term "human nature" refers to being true across the board.  You can't use that term and apply it only to a group of humans. 

And the world isn't divided into, say, 90 % "regular people" and 10 % "racists".  There's a continuum involved here.  And people who say they're not racist but then shrug their shoulders at racism are doing a lot more harm than good. 

" The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Yeah, Ok.

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do feel strongly, yes.  We all should IMO when it comes to rooting out and ending racism.

While I do not root for the Burgundy & Gold, I DO live here.  I have a vested local interest.

Here is a good test of the pro-Redskins folks: 

Go ahead and refer to every poster at JN and every person you meet in public as "whiteskin", "blackskin", "redskin", "yellowskin" and "brownskin" for the rest of the week. 

Since it's clearly no big deal to use such terms, and definitely not racism, surely only, say 9% (the safe space snowflakes, right?) of JN forum users or randoms on the street will be offended, right?  And that would justify the continuing to use these terms forever, right? 

It would be tradition then, and heaven forbid we screw with tradition!  

Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. :-k

I see racism in a different way..If the color of one's skin keeps someone from having a better life,job or being able do do what everyone one else does obviously that's wrong.. But words themselves to me is meaningless. BTW Caucasians shouldn't be the only group on earth that are being blamed for being racist.. Like I said before does a certain red hat say racism to you?? People constantly try to use a food group or a article of clothing to mean something it shouldn't IMO..

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Tradition . If Snyder wanted to change it that would be his choice.

You're quite right, Snyder doesn't want to change it. 

Same way the KKK didn't want to change the names of places named after Confederates either.

Tradition!

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Like I said before does a certain red hat say racism to you??

Let's leave the red hats out of this. As soon as you get the answer you're fishing for here, the thread will be locked again. Probably for good. 

8 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I see racism in a different way..If the color of one's skin keeps someone from having a better life,job or being able do do what everyone one else does obviously that's wrong.

Obviously.

. But words themselves to me is meaningless.

Easy to say when you're what we are my friend.  We've never faced anything like what they have.

A little empathy goes a long way.

BTW Caucasians shouldn't be the only group on earth that are being blamed for being racist.

Whatabout!!!

Like I said before does a certain red hat say racism to you??

A Redskins hat? :-k  ;)

People constantly try to use a food group or a article of clothing to mean something it shouldn't IMO..

The historical context of "Redskins", and the genocide that occurred here, should make the distaste towards it's use quite obvious.

Of course, we likely have people here who would vigorously deny there was a genocide.....  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're quite right, Snyder doesn't want to change it. 

Same way the KKK didn't want to change the names of places named after Confederates either.

Tradition!

:rolleyes:  I simply answered your question. Go pick a fight with someone else. Sounds like you're itching for one.

• Upvote 1

More pointless  propaganda. This is entirely  created by govt. Just more pretend issue red tape.  The history of the name was supposed to be promoted by Indians in the first place ,when Redskins got their name. and there's high schools that use it. Anyone who changed..Marquette,  Dakato, etc. Who ever. Simply gave in to fictional influence by pc culture. There is no issue.  There' no major outcry.

And it' also an inverted joke on a America. The English came here and destroyed a race of people. Getting rid of Indian team names can slowly push Indians out of history  books ,so there' no reference  point. Also there' plenty of black historians that know that most black people were already indian tribes here. Only a fraction were slaves from Africa or india. 

When this debate was hot on the internet a few years ago..there may have been one..just one piece of writing from the old west days..that used the term redskin/s on paper. The issue  is entirely  made up. While at the same time mocking all the Indians they killed..to make America great, again, the first time lol

The logo is magnificent! 

6 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

It's govt turning society against itself. While they laugh, like a cat batting a mouse around

th?id=OIP.lu6hDebW9OUeZ3X8czfPTAHaHV&pid

Thank GOD we have brave people like you who can overcome the Government mind control!

The New World Order shall not prevail!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I see racism in a different way..If the color of one's skin keeps someone from having a better life,job or being able do do what everyone one else does obviously that's wrong.. But words themselves to me is meaningless. BTW Caucasians shouldn't be the only group on earth that are being blamed for being racist.. Like I said before does a certain red hat say racism to you?? People constantly try to use a food group or a article of clothing to mean something it shouldn't IMO..

Maybe to you words are meaningless, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. I mean words at their very core have to have meaning behind them, or else it would be gibberish.

That mentality of "it's just words" is what gets people in trouble, because people think they can just say whatever the hell they want with no type of repercussions. Then get mad when something happens to them.

People saying "society these days is too PC/sensitive!" really mean "Why can't I say whatever I want without consequence!"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, King P said:

Maybe to you words are meaningless, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. I mean words at their very core have to have meaning behind them, or else it would be gibberish.

That mentality of "it's just words" is what gets people in trouble, because people think they can just say whatever the hell they want with no type of repercussions. Then get mad when something happens to them.

People saying "society these days is too PC/sensitive!" really mean "Why can't I say whatever I want without consequence!"

I hear  yah,  really I do, words don't bother me. Some get bothered by them and I respect their point of view. 

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

And I would say some back, we would get into a fist fight or go our separate ways, it would be between us.

If you have to counter words with fists, you've already lost my friend, no matter how the fight goes.

There is no slippery slope here.  There is no "today them come for Redskin, tomorrow they come for Jesus".

Just toss the historically questionable racial/racist words, and we'll all be better off as a society.  

19 minutes ago, King P said:

People should be able to say what ever they want. The fact is govt has no business  in my speach/words.

Words are meaningless. People getting emotional  over words, are weak minded.

It's like that game you played  as a kid. Say a word over and over again, it loses its meaning.  

Redskins didn' become an offensive  term, till people were told it it was. Then they reacted like Pavlovian parrots,squawking what they were told to repeat by words they read.

Welcome to the matrix/propaganda /pc culture

9 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

People should be able to say what ever they want. The fact is govt has no business  in my speach/words.

Nobody's saying you can't say whatever you want.

You have the right to say whatever you want, just as the person you're talking to has the right to react however he wants.

As long as you understand that; go right ahead

A society where NAMBLA is allowed to exist on first amendment grounds really has no standing to ban a sports team name.

Take whatever personal action you feel morally-compelled to take against the team. Boycott, protest, complain, whatever. But government has no role to play here.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

People should be able to say what ever they want.

Would you like to put that concept to the test Grandpa?

The fact is govt has no business  in my speach/words.

I don't think too many of us want FBI agents busting down Dan Snyders door and plugging him full of lead for being a racist with a racist team name.

Change doesn't have to come only from Government.

Words are meaningless.

Then how are you understanding what I am writjans lsijhsu illinistich farume?! Pargodug unillinotch ug dargoth?

Ut poot digeridoo.

Right, meaningless!

People getting emotional  over words, are weak minded.

People defending racism are people civilized society is better off without.

It's like that game you played  as a kid. Say a word over and over again, it loses its meaning.

Test your theory, go outside and yell N*igger as loud as you can till it loses it's meaning.  Let us know how it works out for ya.

Of course, guy like you probably lives in the woods near the old Unibomber shack, so maybe your neighbors won't care.

Redskins didn' become an offensive  term, till people were told it it was. Then they reacted like Pavlovian parrots,squawking what they were told to repeat by words they read.

Yes, we're all Govt. Matrix Drones.  Only you can save us, for you are the one, Neo.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Words are meaningless. People getting emotional  over words, are weak minded.

Certain people's words are definitely meaningless.

By and large though, I'm fairly certain that the human ability to communicate through words is one of the strongest differences between us and any other living species on earth.

• Sympathy 1