Joe Namath: Brady is the greatest quarterback ever

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why are you being an a$$hole? LOL. Both of you have an opinion, but only YOURS is valid...because YOU say so?

OK. 

Youre an a$$hole every day.

Only an a$$hole would have read what was written by both of us and come away thinking either one of us are doing more than arguing over whos better.  Who the F would do this with sports?  

I said Montana used to get my vote, Brady does now.  He says Montana, has more posts than anyone on the subject, you went after me and called me an a$$hole?  

I said Montana used to get my vote, Brady does now.

Thats only my opinion is valid?  And no one else who added their vote doesn't believe their opinion is the most valid?  Really on a forum where we talk and debate all day?  OK

Chime in and give your opinion or stay out of it

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre an a$$hole every day.

Only an a$$hole would have read what was written by both of us and come away thinking either one of us are doing more than arguing over whos better.  Who the F would do this with sports?  

I said Montana used to get my vote, Brady does now.  He says Montana, has more posts than anyone on the subject, you went after me and called me an a$$hole?  

I said Montana used to get my vote, Brady does now.

Thats only my opinion is valid?  And no one else who added their vote doesn't believe their opinion is the most valid?  Really on a forum where we talk and debate all day?  OK

Chime in and give your opinion or stay out of it

I did, you angry psychopath! It was about 5 paragraphs long. 

LOL. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Montana  didn't  need a Vinatieri. Vinatieri misses those... Brady is just a cross between Elway and Kelly lol

How come peyton didn't win 3 SBs with vinatieri?

Montana didn't need vinatieri, he did need the SF D to shut down GREAT offenses in each SB win.  The only time he won a SB where the opponent scored at least 20 was SB XVI when Cincy tacked on garbage time points.

We can play this game all day, both are among the greatest of all time but no QB has done it better for longer than Brady and done so without top talent around him.  Remember, Joe played basically his entire career pre FA(93 was first yr of real FA and he retired in 94) so great teams could stay together where Brady has done it with constant change.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I am so amused by these knucklehead Brady haters.  As a Yankee fan I State Ruth was the greatest Yankee. Mybargument to the young kids is google greatest baseball player and EVERY list has RUTH number one. Not just Yankee , but all players.

That made me google best QB ever. Every list, crappy and credible from ESPN to SI several others. ALL had Brady number one. I can’t find a list that does not have Brady as 1.  

yet we have guys here saying it’s not even close, he not number 1 etc.  Talk about blind  Homerism.  RUTH is best BB player, Brady is best QB and there is no denying it other than sheer short sightedness. 

I understand why jet fans wouldn't want to give him credit. We hate him and the Pats but we've seen it up close for almost 2 decades.  It's ok to give the man credit.  I just can't wait until he retires.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, nyjunc said:

How come peyton didn't win 3 SBs with vinatieri?

Montana didn't need vinatieri, he did need the SF D to shut down GREAT offenses in each SB win.  The only time he won a SB where the opponent scored at least 20 was SB XVI when Cincy tacked on garbage time points.

We can play this game all day, both are among the greatest of all time but no QB has done it better for longer than Brady and done so without top talent around him.  Remember, Joe played basically his entire career pre FA(93 was first yr of real FA and he retired in 94) so great teams could stay together where Brady has done it with constant change.

The joke is you taking it seriously. 

Yes, we can play this game all day because  sports debates are pointless rattle about nothing. 

What Peyton did, has nothing to do with it. Vinatieri was responsible  for the win or the loss with Pats. 

Top talent? This has always been one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard when it comes to the limited amount  of people who can make the pros. If you make the pros, you are top talent. You can't make the pros  unless you're the best of the best. A coach and QB cant mask  22 players of sub par talent for 20 years. Thats just the most ridiculous pseudo logic ever uttered. 

You could argue that Brady loses with top talent....Brady-Moss, equals super Bowl loss. lol 

The Ball was in Bradys hands at the end of Both Giants SBs  and Eagles, I think. He failed. He'd' be 4-6  without Vinatieri. 

How is a coach and QB the best ever, when just as many of their games come down to a kicker, as 100s of other games and teams ,over the last 20 years? Kickers are more important then any coach or QB have ever been.

Football......

:)

2 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

The joke is you taking it seriously. 

Yes, we can play this game all day because  sports debates are pointless rattle about nothing. 

What Peyton did, has nothing to do with it. Vinatieri was responsible  for the win or the loss with Pats. 

Top talent? This has always been one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard when it comes to the limited amount  of people who can make the pros. If you make the pros, you are top talent. You can't make the pros  unless you're the best of the best. A coach and QB cant mask  22 players of sub par talent for 20 years. Thats just the most ridiculous pseudo logic ever uttered. 

You could argue that Brady loses with top talent....Brady-Moss, equals super Bowl loss. lol 

The Ball was in Bradys hands at the end of Both Giants SBs  and Eagles, I think. He failed. He'd' be 4-6  without Vinatieri. 

How is a coach and QB the best ever, when just as many of their games come down to a kicker, as 100s of other games and teams ,over the last 20 years? Kickers are more important then any coach or QB have ever been.

Football......

:)

So there's no difference in talent from one team to the next?  They are all the top talent in the world?  Compared to normal people they are all great but compared to each other is where it matters.  If you think each team is equally talent I don't know what to tell you.

Brady revived Randy's career and he had him for one healthy year before Brady got hurt.  In that year he set numerous records, led the team to 16-0 and left the field in the final minutes with a lead.

The ball was in his hands with a legit shot at the end of the eagles game (a game he led his O to 33 points in which is a record for a SB loss and more than Montana led his Os to in 2 of his SB wins and both of Peyton's SB wins), he did not have a legitimate chance vs NYG.  He left the field late in both with the lead only to watch his D's blow it vs a mediocre QB.

Brady only played with vinatieri 5 seasons, he's kicked for 18 other seasons in this league and won only 1 other SB.

To base this GOAT argument solely on the number of rings is dumb dumb dumb.

That would place Aikman and Bradshaw up in the top 4 which would make most knowledgeable fans sick.

I do believe Brady and Montana are 1&2 and are pretty much interchangeable but Bradys circumstances (his natural talent, HCs amazing game planning, circumvention of salary cap) etc) have accounted such for a great deal of his success that it was sort of the perfect storm for his career as we have seen it unfold.

I would bet my life that guys like Montana, Manning, Favre, Ben, Brees would have accomplished the same or close to it had they been in his place and stayed healthy.

• Upvote 1

Ha ha convinced this is the thread where you can come here and talk out your ass...

A poster just said he is sure the Montana's, Manning, etc would of been able to accomplish the same success if for example. If their organization was able to circumvent the salary cap...ha ha

Montana organization DID circumvent the salary cap...

No proof of Brady organization doing it...just sour grapes

Sorry Brady had a kicker

Montana had a Jerry Rice, ronnie Lot, Roger Craig, Ken Norton jr. 

Manning had a Marvin Harrison, E. James and the rule change that allowed his receivers not to be mugged!!

Some of you are better off just saying you are trolling..because you can't be this misinformed...

Oh my stomach is hurting  from laughing so hard..

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

To base this GOAT argument solely on the number of rings is dumb dumb dumb.

That would place Aikman and Bradshaw up in the top 4 which would make most knowledgeable fans sick.

I do believe Brady and Montana are 1&2 and are pretty much interchangeable but Bradys circumstances (his natural talent, HCs amazing game planning, circumvention of salary cap) etc) have accounted such for a great deal of his success that it was sort of the perfect storm for his career as we have seen it unfold.

I would bet my life that guys like Montana, Manning, Favre, Ben, Brees would have accomplished the same or close to it had they been in his place and stayed healthy.

So what else is it supposed to be based on if you can’t use rings?

Passing Yards?  Brady is 4th all time and still playing so he’ll end up 2nd or 3rd

Touchdowns?  Brady is 22td passes behind the all time leader Peyton Manning so he will be #1 all time soon

Yeah,  Brady is the Babe Ruth/Michael Jordan of football 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ha ha convinced this is the thread where you can come here and talk out your ass...

A poster just said he is sure the Montana's, Manning, etc would of been able to accomplish the same success if for example. If their organization was able to circumvent the salary cap...ha ha

Montana organization DID circumvent the salary cap...

No proof of Brady organization doing it...just sour grapes

Sorry Brady had a kicker

Montana had a Jerry Rice, ronnie Lot, Roger Craig, Ken Norton jr. 

Manning had a Marvin Harrison, E. James and the rule change that allowed his receivers not to be mugged!!

Some of you are better off just saying you are trolling..because you can't be this misinformed...

Oh my stomach is hurting  from laughing so hard..

Are you even aware that like 90% of this thread feels Brady is #1?  

Cant process valid info when you hear it? Are you one of those dunce Mayfair employees up there in Mass?

FYI ...The 49ers got in cap trouble in the late 90's. When did Montana go to KC?

Oh and your stomach is likely hurting from all the nasty Kraft "Mayonnaise" you been slurping up.

36 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Are you even aware that like 90% of this thread feels Brady is #1?  

Cant process valid info when you hear it? Are you one of those dunce Mayfair employees up there in Mass?

FYI ...The 49ers got in cap trouble in the late 90's. When did Montana go to KC?

Oh and your stomach is likely hurting from all the nasty Kraft "Mayonnaise" you been slurping up.

I am aware..do you know what it means when someone says some of...

That means not all or in your case the other 10%

You can keep all that corny gay sh*t to yourself and it was corny....

8 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I am aware..do you know what it means when someone says some of...

The means not all or for your case the other 10%

You can keep all that corny gay sh*t to yourself and it was corny....

Corny gay sh!t.

Sounds like your fav meal.

15 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Montana didn't need vinatieri, he did need the SF D to shut down GREAT offenses in each SB win. 

In Montana's 4 SB's, the offense he led averaged 35 ppg, and he still has the record of 127.8 QB rating in Superbowl games. Along with the fact he never threw an interception in any of those games either.

But yeah defense totally carried him. 

29 minutes ago, Grandy said:

In Montana's 4 SB's, the offense he led averaged 35 ppg, and he still has the record of 127.8 QB rating in Superbowl games. Along with the fact he never threw an interception in any of those games either.

122 passes and no INTs. 

Pay no mind to the Namath/Peyton hater.

He’s apparently somewhat of a dick and I’m new here but it’s quite evident. I’ve been warned about him.  

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah,  Brady is the Michael Jordan of football 

Michael Jordan never lost a championship. Kind of like...well, never mind. 

Something to be said for X Wins and Zero losses in championship games. 

Brady is more the LeBron James to Michael Jordan. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

These clowns debated whether or not Scarlett Johansson was *f*ckable.” They have no credibility 

Th0mas, we both know most of the guys on here are pulling hotter babes that ScarJo on the reg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Grandy said:

Their O scored 55 and 38 in 2 of them, in the other 2 26 & 20.  In the 4 SBs his D's allowed 13.3 PPG, only once did they allow more than 16 and that was with garbage time points.  Only in last year's SB did Brady's D allow less than SFs average.

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Michael Jordan never lost a championship. Kind of like...well, never mind. 

Something to be said for X Wins and Zero losses in championship games. 

Brady is more the LeBron James to Michael Jordan. 

LeBron is 3-6, had to form superteams to win and dominated a weak conference.  Brady is 6-3, won with less talent and dominated the dominant conference.

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

122 passes and no INTs. 

Pay no mind to the Namath/Peyton hater.

He’s apparently somewhat of a dick and I’m new here but it’s quite evident. I’ve been warned about him.  

Please refrain from using childish, vulgar insults, please try to attack my arguments.  So far you have struggled with this. The AFC was a complete joke in those days, the real SB was the NFC championship game.  He was always on the far superior team, outside of the 2 Giants SBs Brady was never on the superior team.

joe made some good points.  it's hard to ignore what tommy boy has down over the past 19 seasons.  but then there are the other things that he and his team have used to win and those can't be discounted.  as others have said, he also lost 3 sbs.  not saying winning 5 isn't a great accomplishment but it's all about how the team plays.  take away the cheating they did in the mid 2000's and they probably lose another 10 or so games and maybe not even make the superbowl those seasons.

and joe has kind of forgotten that the game has changed.  nobody is allowed to hit tommy boy and his oline is allowed to hold like crazy and hardly ever get called.

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

joe made some good points.  it's hard to ignore what tommy boy has down over the past 19 seasons.  but then there are the other things that he and his team have used to win and those can't be discounted.  as others have said, he also lost 3 sbs.  not saying winning 5 isn't a great accomplishment but it's all about how the team plays.  take away the cheating they did in the mid 2000's and they probably lose another 10 or so games and maybe not even make the superbowl those seasons.

and joe has kind of forgotten that the game has changed.  nobody is allowed to hit tommy boy and his oline is allowed to hold like crazy and hardly ever get called.

He left the field with a lead late in two of the SB losses, in third he led his O to 33 points which is a record for a SB loser.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Exactly. Nobody is saying Brady isn’t great, just given the circumstances isn’t the greatest. He’s got a legit claim to number 2 if you can dismiss the systematic cheating and losing 3 SBs. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Exactly. Nobody is saying Brady isn’t great, just given the circumstances isn’t the greatest. He’s got a legit claim to number 2 if you can dismiss the systematic cheating and losing 3 SBs. 

We have a Warfish maybe you should consider a name change to War Frog?:-k

8 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

We have a Warfish maybe you should consider a name change to War Frog?:-k

It's funny, in an opinion based discussion folks NEED to try to prove THEIR opinion is the only valid one.

Playing what if games that Brady could be 9-0.

OR Pete Carroll just hands the damn ball off and he's got 4 losses.

OR the Pats DON'T have the Rams plays and he's got 5 losses.

OR the Falcons don't put on the biggest choke in the history of sports and he has 6 loses.

He's LeBron James.

Never mind even getting to a SB when the entire WORLD saw him fumble.  He did not "tuck" anything.

Throw in the systematic cheating of the franchise during his reign and he himself being caught red-handed and suspended, it's a legit discussion.

But no, folks are obsessed with convincing them THEIR opinion is the only valid one.  

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It's funny, in an opinion based discussion folks NEED to try to prove THEIR opinion is the only valid one.

Playing what if games that Brady could be 9-0.

OR Pete Carroll just hands the damn ball off and he's got 4 losses.

OR the Pats DON'T have the Rams plays and he's got 5 losses.

OR the Falcons don't put on the biggest choke in the history of sports and he has 6 loses.

He's LeBron James.

Never mind even getting to a SB when the entire WORLD saw him fumble.  He did not "tuck" anything.

Throw in the systematic cheating of the franchise during his reign and he himself being caught red-handed and suspended, it's a legit discussion.

But no, folks are obsessed with convincing them THEIR opinion is the only valid one.  

There is no real valid one since nothing can be proved different teams,era's etc  Funny thing on that tuck rule had the Jets not beat the Raiders in the last game in 2001 the game would have been played in the black hole which would have been a plus for the Raiders..

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

There is no real valid one since nothing can be proved different teams,era's etc  Funny thing on that tuck rule had the Jets not beat the Raiders in the last game in 2001 the game would have been played in the black hole which would have been a plus for the Raiders..

Of course there isn't.  I've never said folks can't or shouldn't consider Brady the GOAT.  I don't, for a number of reasons.

Apparently that is offensive to some here.

Who was better--Marciano or Ali?