Im no fan of Robbie Andersen for obvious reasons.... BUT

34 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Wow.   Hard to respond to something so ridiculous... but I'll give it a shot.

Check his Twitter account.   It is Robby.  I think his legal name is probably Robert.

I see people pronouncing their surname incorrectly quite often.  They Americanize the pronunciation of their European name.

But spelling their own name wrong?  Unless they did it intentionally and legally.... simply an absurd notion.

You're responding to a dumb joke about taking something too seriously, by taking said dumb joke obscenely too seriously. 

I apologize, bud. I was just taking about poke at Robby, wasn't intended seriously towards you. 

9 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I've wondered, but never looked it up - Did he finish and graduate?

They were discussing the whole paying college athletes debate on Joe and Evan this morning. I'm aware there are a million aspects and it's a very complex issue, but I couldn't help but think of this thread and Robby Anderson. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Robby wouldn't put together a coherent application essay, letalone get in. Forget about actually passing courses and getting a degree. 

Watch, listen, and learn.

8 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Reading some of the posts mentioning race makes me want to clarify something so I'm not taken the wrong way -

When I have a laugh at Robby's expense, it's purely, 100% unequivocally because he has a functional IQ somewhere just south of a jar of mayo, and he makes me laugh sometimes.

I would be just as entertained by the whitest, waspy person on the planet if they produced these bits of wisdom;

Screenshot_20190711-014328_Twitter.thumb.jpg.6603da3827449d51adec9976dad29103.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-014506_Twitter.thumb.jpg.1175c90d263b9119547fa7efd11676cf.jpg

I just want to be clear so that no one misunderstands me. I may be an insensitive prick who enjoys laughing at illiteracy and social media, but I don't discriminate.

Dumb as dirt doesn't have a color. However, it may at times be indecisive;Screenshot_20190711-014741_Twitter.thumb.jpg.2ce2d64c525a0f9f933c6326fb3229d5.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-014552_Twitter.thumb.jpg.421fb8a958b5cd59717e206fc49d12d1.jpg

No one in this post is talking about race, just a couple trolls...I looked at thier other comments it's always some fake outrage or stupid remark.

Don't let it get to you. One thing as a jets fan and as a jetnation poster is that we share the joy of over thinking and criticizing everything jets. (Players, opponents, or even other posters and thier grammar) right or wrong it's all good natured and just a way to deal untill we win our next Superbowl.

Don't let the trolls get to you when they pretend not to get the point no matter how obvious it is. As "Robby" @RoadFanwould say you can throw them a floaty.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Cool vid, thanks for posting. Was there a point you're making, or just sharing some of his history? 

Not being sarcastic, I think I missed what you were trying to say 

He's a good person, who also isn't stupid. If you get beyond the bad English, and listen to the thought behind the words, people would realize that. He's no intellect, but he's not stupid. I respect the man. He's a fighter, who didn't let adversity bring him down. He really is a feel good story. Not referring to you, but i get pissed when some posters refer to him as a punk. he's not. Considering his background, he very easily could have developed into one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

You're responding to a dumb joke about taking something too seriously, by taking said dumb joke obscenely too seriously. 

I apologize, bud. I was just taking about poke at Robby, wasn't intended seriously towards you. 

No need to apologize then.  Sometimes humor isnt always clear.

My bad too...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

I've wondered, but never looked it up - Did he finish and graduate?

They were discussing the whole paying college athletes debate on Joe and Evan this morning. I'm aware there are a million aspects and it's a very complex issue, but I couldn't help but think of this thread and Robby Anderson. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Robby wouldn't put together a coherent application essay, letalone get in. Forget about actually passing courses and getting a degree. 

I bring up Henry Gates & other African Americans who have risen to pretty high levels of Acadamia because it takes RACE out of it. These gentleman try to lift up their own communities by explaining that these athletes do a disservice to those young kids who admire & follow them. They'll come right out & say, speak proper English. I don't remember if it was Gates or some other Harvard professor that said this but I've actually experienced what he spoke about. He said African American mothers need to stop naming their daughters by these ridiculously tough to pronounce names, i.e. Shanniquah  ect. Because to succeed people need to be able to at least pronounce your name. I went to a haircut place & the girl did a great job, when my wife asked what her name was I couldn't remember it was Quaneesee or something like that. I've learned to cite quotes from people of the same color so as to not be pigeon holed as a racist. PC police are relentless in this day & age. 

Sorry Mods, I hope I haven't offended anyone.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, genot said:

Robby is a product of his environment. To us Ebonics is just bad English. It is in no way an indicator of one's intelligence. 

Ugh. This is such a complex subject and argument that will go too many places we can't discuss here and someone is bound to make some kind of inappropriate reply that will set the board on fire. 

I actually don't disagree with your general premise entirely but I'm not going to get into discussions about his environment, "ebonics", or what he's a product of. If you want to take up an argument in favor of his intelligence, that's cool. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

I bring up Henry Gates & other African Americans who have risen to pretty high levels of Acadamia because it takes RACE out of it. These gentleman try to lift up their own communities by explaining that these athletes do a disservice to those young kids who admire & follow them. They'll come right out & say, speak proper English. I don't remember if it was Gates or some other Harvard professor that said this but I've actually experienced what he spoke about. He said African American mothers need to stop naming their daughters by these ridiculously tough to pronounce names, i.e. Shanniquah  ect. Because to succeed people need to be able to at least pronounce your name. I went to a haircut place & the girl did a great job, when my wife asked what her name was I couldn't remember it was Quaneesee or something like that. I've learned to cite quotes from people of the same color so as to not be pigeon holed as a racist. PC police are relentless in this day & age. 

Sorry Mods, I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Good post. If you grew up around a certain slang, ebonics, or whatever title you care to give it and that's how you're comfortable coversating, that's fine. However, not being able to compose a coherent sentence of anything closely resembling proper English in a PROFESSIONAL setting, like a media interview for instance is pretty indictive of someones intelligence as far as I'm concerned. I've heard enough from Robby Anderson to figure out that he is the burnt out bulb on the xmas tree that makes all the other bulbs go out with it 

9 hours ago, genot said:

He's a good person, who also isn't stupid. If you get beyond the bad English, and listen to the thought behind the words, people would realize that. He's no intellect, but he's not stupid. I respect the man. He's a fighter, who didn't let adversity bring him down. He really is a feel good story. Not referring to you, but i get pissed when some posters refer to him as a punk. he's not. Considering his background, he very easily could have developed into one.

Great post! At the end of the day, I'm just being an ass giving myself a laugh on a message board at his expense. In that regard, I do find his Twitter to be a consistent resource for a good laugh. It's not meant with any legitimate sincerity. I actually have a lot of respect for  his ability to grow up and the way he's seemingly turned himself around. He certainly made a case for himself early on that he was going to be one of those athletes that just wouldn't get it together. His off the field behavior aside, the man is an UDFA who worked his way to not only starting, but being a key piece of our offense. How the hell can you not respect the work, determination and talent in that accomplishment?

I'm behind the guy 110%. This is his year. He's going to solidify himself as a top tier NFL WR. He's going to be Sam's go to weapon and take this offense to the next level!

... I'm just not going to ask him to write my report for work, balance my checkbook, or change the burnt out lightbulb in my lamp. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

That comment about the sun staying out late has Jets Reddit calling him the Sun God "RA". Get it? It's his initials. ?

His twitter is interesting, a lot of statements about keeping a positive outlook, the typical retweets of Jets stuff related to him, and then the occasional random non-sequitur about his day that's funny to read out of context. His language is fine, maybe some aren't used to the slang of it all but whatever. For me it's just funny to think of a guy just coming in and saying some random s#it and then leaving. 

*door opens*

"Ain't never understand why Hotels make you check in so late but check out so early? "

*door closes*

He'll be fine as long as he keeps his offseason quiet, keeps focused and he and his coaches find enough of a use for him away from deep routes to make them effective when they do happen. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony MaC said:

That comment about the sun staying out late has Jets Reddit calling him the Sun God "RA". Get it? It's his initials. ?

His twitter is interesting, a lot of statements about keeping a positive outlook, the typical retweets of Jets stuff related to him, and then the occasional random non-sequitur about his day that's funny to read out of context. His language is fine, maybe some aren't used to the slang of it all but whatever. For me it's just funny to think of a guy just coming in and saying some random s#it and then leaving. 

*door opens*

"Ain't never understand why Hotels make you check in so late but check out so early? "

*door closes*

He'll be fine as long as he keeps his offseason quiet, keeps focused and he and his coaches find enough of a use for him away from deep routes to make them effective when they do happen. 

I vote that he should be from this moment forward be knownst as the Sun God "RA"...I never got Reddit, I missed that part if the internet. But this RA stuff is great

On July 8, 2019 at 7:36 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Oh my, a player in the NFL whose goal is to be the best. How unusual.

You want to be the best you have to put the work in, and not just talk about becoming the best.     See Antonio Brown - guy makes Jerry Rice look like a slacker the workouts he does to get ready for the NFL season.

Robby Anderson competing for some BS fastest NFL player isn't doing anything to make him one of the best Wr in the NFL.     Yes you have to have talent, but you also have to have the desire to want to push your self to the limits to become the best.

Jet fans dont like Robbie Anderson because of a few off the field incidents.  One was pretty disgusting.  That is fair.

But he is the best offensive weapon we have and if Darnold becomes who we think he can become this year, Robbie is going to have a monster year.

He will command a monster contract next year and we should give him every penny.  

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans dont like Robbie Anderson because of a few off the field incidents.  One was pretty disgusting.  That is fair.

But he is the best offensive weapon we have and if Darnold becomes who we think he can become this year, Robbie is going to have a monster year.

He will command a monster contract next year and we should give him every penny.  

Um, did you forget that they signed Le'veon Bell? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No I didnt.  Bell hasnt played football in over a year.  He has to prove he is still an elite talent.

Dude bell, Darnold are bother better than Robby, before day 1 of the season. You can make the case the enuwa and crowder are better too. For you to act like the best back in the NFL is not better than RA then your just not be honest with us, or yourself.

If bell is 1/4 the player he was is better than RA

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Dude bell, Darnold are bother better than Robby, before day 1 of the season. You can make the case the enuwa and crowder are better too. For you to act like the best back in the NFL is not better than RA then your just not be honest with us, or yourself.

We will see my friend.

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No I didnt.  Bell hasnt played football in over a year.  He has to prove he is still an elite talent.

Still more likely than Robbie becoming an elite talent. If anyone has to prove he’s elite or would be the guy that hasn’t done it yet. Love Robbie, root for Robbie, believe he has the drive and natural born talent to become elite but just like you I’m waiting to see it. I’ve watched Le’veon do cartoonish HOF type stuff for another team for awhile now. It’s way more likely to happen. Dude is in his prime and has no significant injury history. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Still more likely than Robbie becoming an elite talent. If anyone has to prove he’s elite or would be the guy that hasn’t done it yet. Love Robbie, root for Robbie, believe he has the drive and natural born talent to become elite but just like you I’m waiting to see it. I’ve watched Le’veon do cartoonish HOF type stuff for another team for awhile now. It’s way more likely to happen. Dude is in his prime and has no significant injury history. 

The qb and offensive coaching staff is why robby hasnt done it yet.  The guy is always open, no one can get him the ball.

If he was on the cheifs last year he woukd be a pro bowler.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are only as good as your last game?  Then Anderson kinda sucks because he blew chunks against the Pats week 17.  Guess according to your analysis Bell won't be the best offensive player on the team until halftime of week 1. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You are only as good as your last game?  Then Anderson kinda sucks because he blew chunks against the Pats week 17.  Guess according to your analysis Bell won't be the best offensive player on the team until halftime of week 1. 

Who said your only as good as your last game?  I surely didnt.

I think Anderson is the best player on our offense.  You think bell is.  Congrats to you.

5 hours ago, Larz said:

Any of you fake outrage guys read a text from a teenager?

believe it or not they suffer from some grammar issues 

Good lord lol

This goes well beyond simple grammar faux pas. 

This is incomprehensible gibberish that no amount of corrected punctuation and syntax will fix. 

Its not as if he’s saying “their v they’re v there” or using “like” every other word or using “literally” incorrectly. 

He’s doing it on purpose. 

Love the player but he sounds like a moron, at least what I’ve read of his work on Instagram. He went to college for crissakes. 

On 7/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, Nixhead said:

Robbie needs to keep running them straight lines. Jets tried him across the middle early last season and what happened? The defense held him up and ripped out the ball - didn't take much. The sideline is his friend and the long pass. Over the middle where linebackers can rip him apart - no thanks!

Not happening IMO. what makes people excited about his end of season success and what they're hoping to continue to see next season is that he becomes more than just a straight line that.  That he grows up into WR who can be used more ways

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If bell is 1/4 the player he was is better than RA

In what world is Enunwa better than Robby ?

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The qb and offensive coaching staff is why robby hasnt done it yet.  The guy is always open, no one can get him the ball.

If he was on the cheifs last year he woukd be a pro bowler.

We will see, as long as one of us is right, Bell is awesome or RA is awesome it will be good, but difference of opinion aside. The guys is always open?????? WHATTTT??? what are you talking about he is def not always open, the only consistent thing RA does is get covered. Sure he breaks every now and then, but if he was on the Chiefs he wouldn't magically get open. 

Darnold has a great pass very accurate. The reason he doesn't nail RA for a TD every game is because he is not open all the time. The reason Darnold struggled was because all of our receivers were not able to get separation.

This is not an opinion, this is facts. You are incorrect on this point. Don't take my word for it, watch any game tape on Robby last year, what you will see if him give up on plays and not get open consistently. 

27 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This goes well beyond simple grammar faux pas. 

This is incomprehensible gibberish that no amount of corrected punctuation and syntax will fix. 

Its not as if he’s saying “their v they’re v there” or using “like” every other word or using “literally” incorrectly. 

He’s doing it on purpose. 

Love the player but he sounds like a moron, at least what I’ve read of his work on Instagram. He went to college for crissakes. 

Ghostface Killah's blog is apex of modern literary achievement. 

15 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

In what world is Enunwa better than Robby ?

the one in which you ask which player has cost the team more games by giving up on plays...the one where you ask if first downs matter...the one where you determine a wide receivers worth based on catching the ball....you get the idea..