Im no fan of Robbie Andersen for obvious reasons.... BUT

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

the one in which you ask which player has cost the team more games by giving up on plays...the one where you ask if first downs matter...the one where you determine a wide receivers worth based on catching the ball....you get the idea..

Only thing Enunwa is better at than Robby is RAC and getting injured ..  other than that Robby is the superior player by a good margin.

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

For the people easily offended by grammar, the Jets official Instagram page today had the following tagline 

“Fresh out the work week”

You can actually make sense of that. 

Robby deleted his earlier insta pictures and stuff right after his arrest but some of the things he was posting before that was either monumentally stupid or incredibly crafted. 

His stuff now is just a little slangy and mostly comprehensible. Still sounds a little forced.

I’m not on the twitter.

I guess watching yet another Robby Anderson thread go up with the same'ol tweets, making the same'ol comments about him never gets old for  some of these intellectuals. 

If im correct, the next thread posting the same'ol tweets, making the same'ol comments about those same'ol tweets will be posted in September. 

Meh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

We will see, as long as one of us is right, Bell is awesome or RA is awesome it will be good, but difference of opinion aside. The guys is always open?????? WHATTTT??? what are you talking about he is def not always open, the only consistent thing RA does is get covered. Sure he breaks every now and then, but if he was on the Chiefs he wouldn't magically get open. 

Darnold has a great pass very accurate. The reason he doesn't nail RA for a TD every game is because he is not open all the time. The reason Darnold struggled was because all of our receivers were not able to get separation.

This is not an opinion, this is facts. You are incorrect on this point. Don't take my word for it, watch any game tape on Robby last year, what you will see if him give up on plays and not get open consistently. 

I have to put you on ignore now.  This is so inaccurate its perposterus. 

• Upvote 1

Robbie Anderson frustration and giving up on things was a result of his qb not being ready to play professional football.  Hell, id give up on plays if i am getting open consistantly and the qb just continually dumps it to enunwa for 1 yard.

Sam Darnold was atrociuos for half the year last year.  Epicly bad.

Once darnold got his sh!t together and figure out how to play the game at a professionsl level, robbie was back to being a total stud.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Robbie Anderson frustration and giving up on things was a result of his qb not being ready to play professional football.  Hell, id give up on plays if i am getting open consistantly and the qb just continually dumps it to enunwa for 1 yard.

Once darnold got his sh!t together and figure out how to play the game at a professionsl level, robbie was back to being a total stud.

I thought Robbie and Sam worked better together in the second half 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have to put you on ignore now.  This is so inaccurate its perposterus. 

Haha. Go ahead man I'm not just going to change my mind because you don't want to admit the truth. Literally 0 people agree with your assessment. Darnold was hitting dimes and making pro throws all year. Sure bad coaching whatever, despite that he was connect with guys . And specifically he was throwing to spot Robby should have been but wasn't because he gave up on plays..

I might have to put you on ignore.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lol

On 7/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

They did.  Sam needed the time off.  Things were moving to fast for him out there.  I expected him to still having some growing pains this year but he should be vastly improved from the jump.

I expect Sam to be better this season with Gase guiding him.  

On 7/12/2019 at 10:01 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Darnold was hitting dimes and making pro throws all year. Sure bad coaching whatever, despite that he was connect with guys . And specifically he was throwing to spot Robby should have been but wasn't because he gave up on plays..

?

@Grandy  It’s hard, but I’m trying to be good here.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Darnold has a great pass very accurate. The reason he doesn't nail RA for a TD every game is because he is not open all the time. The reason Darnold struggled was because all of our receivers were not able to get separation.

This is not an opinion, this is facts. You are incorrect on this point. Don't take my word for it, watch any game tape on Robby last year, what you will see if him give up on plays and not get open consistently. 

?

@Grandy   OMG you have no idea how hard I’m trying...

• Haha 2

I hope Robby Anderson the football player transitions to Superstar status. I hope Robby Anderson the man grows up. For real dude, you're a millionaire now.. go buy a suit and go to etiquette and elocution class. The whole troubled black youth from the projects, da hood, the streets, Hard Knocks..its old now. It's OVER!!! We've heard this story ad nauseam 50,000 times am I right? It's not threatening or special or unique anymore. Lots of people have tough lives. What you have to realize is that there's more important things than sneakers, weed, cars ,and neck tattoos. Hopefully somebody in this guy's life can be the voice of reason, tell him what a huge opportunity he has, and to cut his ridiculously bad hair!! Lol! D'Brickashaw Ferguson retired quietly, plays chess and classical guitar. Darrelle Revis never heard from again.. he's busy flipping commercial real estate. Curtis Martin the entrepreneur has ties to multiple businesses and he's looking to buy a professional football team. Dont be so busy representing Hard Knocks, that you don't realize when Opportunity Knocks.

10 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I hope Robby Anderson the football player transitions to Superstar status. I hope Robby Anderson the man grows up. For real dude, you're a millionaire now.. go buy a suit and go to etiquette and elocution class. The whole troubled black youth from the projects, da hood, the streets, Hard Knocks..its old now. It's OVER!!! We've heard this story ad nauseam 50,000 times am I right? It's not threatening or special or unique anymore. Lots of people have tough lives. What you have to realize is that there's more important things than sneakers, weed, cars ,and neck tattoos. Hopefully somebody in this guy's life can be the voice of reason, tell him what a huge opportunity he has, and to cut his ridiculously bad hair!! Lol! D'Brickashaw Ferguson retired quietly, plays chess and classical guitar. Darrelle Revis never heard from again.. he's busy flipping commercial real estate. Curtis Martin the entrepreneur has ties to multiple businesses and he's looking to buy a professional football team. Dont be so busy representing Hard Knocks, that you don't realize when Opportunity Knocks.

I dont hear Robby Anderson complaining about da hood. When did that happen? From our vantage point, all we see is a man who seems to be about that action to better himself at his profession. This guy dedicated himself to his talent even when he wasnt the best student to make sure that he gave himself a chance to be successful on the football field. And when the NFL didnt take notice and he ended up being an undrafted rookie free agent, the moment he got an opportunity to be part of a team's camp he made sure to earn a spot, even though he knew that by just being an undrafted rookie it would be incredibly difficult to get the eyes of a team that had already overlooked him... but he grinded to the point that they ultimately put him on the 53 and ultimately a starter.

I seen a guy who's come off as a grinder and a guy who wants to overachieve given his underdog status to the point where as a UDRFA he ended up being the best WR on the team. 

He did this without outside acceptance, and I say that because of your statement "go buy a suit and go to etiquette and elocution class". 

What's Ironic about this statement is that many of the folks that come from da hood, worry themselves so much about what other folks think of them or how they're perceived by others (that etiquette). They've been fooled to think that their value is solely based on what other folks think of them. 

Robby Anderson has a strong enough personality that he doesnt have to worry about taking classes in order to seek approval from outsiders. I think his hairstyle is code for "F your etiquette". It takes a man comfortable in his own skin to approach a world that's full of critics seeking judgement of others. 

He didnt need this etiquette or the mastery of this language to reach his dreams. He did that by grinding. How about folks respect that, especially coming from a guy who came from da hood yet made sure not to become a statistic that folks like yourself heard about 50,000 times. 

It sounds to me like Robby Anderson is taking the David Goggins route. Sometimes you have to care not about what folks say or feel about you. We've had numerous threads talking about the same nonsense, and yet, just by the fact that he's still the top receiver on the Jets proves that while folks are talking about his tweets, tats and the classes he should take in order to be acceptable in our eyes, he was somewhere grinding trying to get better at his craft and the path the he decided to walk. 

Honestly, the only thing that's been heard ad nauseam are the comments made about him on this board. There's atleast 50,000 of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 7/14/2019 at 12:33 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

I. go buy a suit a

Suits have had their day. In California it has become pretty rare to see an actual suit. A sport jacket here and there, but suits are becoming moth food. In Silicon Valley wearing a suit to an interview is an instant no.

Robbie is Robbie. Not the smartest guy maybe, but in the interviews I have seen he seems humble, earnest and self aware and trying to become a better person.

The hatred and racism thrown out at him from Jets fans is unwarranted. And the title of this thread is just wrong on so many levels.

• Upvote 1

The viewpoints on Robby are entirely too extreme.  Not every Jet is a superstar, which is why we've only had one winning season since 2010.  If we looked to trade him on the open market, the Jets would probably get a late 2nd rounder or a 3rd.  He has a limited route tree and is hard to trust to stay healthy.

That being said, the dumb tweets are overstated, as is probably the arrest from last year.  Look around the league.  We've seen a LOT worse when it comes to stupidity and character problems just this past offseason.  SEE:  Hill, Tyreke and Hunt, Kareem. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The viewpoints on Robby are entirely too extreme.  Not every Jet is a superstar, which is why we've only had one winning season since 2010.  If we looked to trade him on the open market, the Jets would probably get a late 2nd rounder or a 3rd.  He has a limited route tree and is hard to trust to stay healthy.

That being said, the dumb tweets are overstated, as is probably the arrest from last year.  Look around the league.  We've seen a LOT worse when it comes to stupidity and character problems just this past offseason.  SEE:  Hill, Tyreke and Hunt, Kareem. 

How is a guy who missed 2 games in 3 years . Considered hard to trust to stay healthy ?

19 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He is tall, slim but durable I’m still not seeing the correlation in regards to his ability to stay healthy. When guys like Quincy built like a tank and gets hurt yearly  

Quincy Enunwa plays the WR position like Chris Ivory played the RB position.  Recklessly. 

Robby Anderson is rarely asked to go over the middle.  And rightfully so.  Even with all the rules to protect WR's, one big hit and his body could break.