Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots, per source.

AbstraKt

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gonna disagree.  Every single season that doesn't end with a championship is a failure.

They went from "legendary", "dangerous", "successful", to meme with one loss.

IMO, that’s an incredibly silly way to look at sports.

Every single season, a team wins the SB. Every year.

Starting a season 18-0 has been done exactly once.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Too bad they needed one more week to win the SB that I keep saying they didnt win and now youre trying to turn this into horseshoes 

190.jpg

You have so much to gloat about

And btw no one is saying the jets season is over because of this it is conceivable that the jets go 9-7 and get a wildcard while the pats do their same sh-t

Sam and QW would both have to be off the charts but it’s not impossible 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yet it was still further than the jets have made it in 50 years.  

Fair.  They both still finished with the same amount of hardware in the end.  I have maintained for years that if the Jets ever had a season end like that I'd stop watching football.  That would be pure pain.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And they were unstoppable for 18 weeks

And when it mattered, they were stopped.  Oh, and they were caught cheating that year too.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

IMO, that’s an incredibly silly way to look at sports.

Every single season, a team wins the SB. Every year.

Starting a season 18-0 has been done exactly once.

Sorry, but I disagree.   

And the only reason people outside of New England remember it is because of the 1 loss.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Gordon just likes to smoke weed too much.  Hardly the basket case on the Pats today.  Hes not hurting anyone, disrupting the team, challenging authority, arguing with his QB, walking out of practices, games etc. 

That would be the machine

Gordon is an after school special warning of the perils of drug abuse. Not sure how this “just weed” fallacy took root but he is a bona fide hardcore alcoholic and also a serious drug abuser from pills to coke.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmao, its always how I've looked at it.  Unfortunately I've seen nothing but failure.

Some seasons can be a success even if no trophy. Developing your future franchise QB, for example.

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol I would of took that 15-1 unsuccessful season over any jets season over the past 20 years. 

18-1

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What, what?

Points record and 18-1 were the same season

And people predicted they would be unstoppable with Moss.  They were, they never won a SB together.  Wheres the what come in?

Thats not absurd, thats a fact

Not following. Where are we disagreeing again?

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You have so much to gloat about

And btw no one is saying the jets season is over because of this it is conceivable that the jets go 9-7 and get a wildcard while the pats do their same sh-t

Sam and QW would both have to be off the charts but it’s not impossible 

I'm not gloating about anything.

Ill start if you keep a pointless argument alive

Just now, Mogglez said:

Yup.  And the only reason people outside of New England remember it is because of the 1 loss.

Yes, the only reason most of the sports world remembers one of the greatest offenses in NFL history, and the best team the NFL’s greatest dynasty ever assembled, is because of one loss.

Definitely.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fair.  They both still finished with the same amount of hardware in the end.  I have maintained for years that if the Jets ever had a season end like that I'd stop watching football.  That would be pure pain.

And when it mattered, they were stopped.  Oh, and they were caught cheating that year too.

I thought failure was failure?  And in your opinion the jets have been failing for 50 years.  

I get it...its just funny.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Gordon is an after school special warning of the perils of drug abuse. Not sure how this “just weed” fallacy took root but he is a bona fide hardcore alcoholic and also a serious drug abuser from pills to coke.

Who cares? 

Point was clear.  Hes a threat to himself. As I clearly wrote he has never done the things I listed that AB put the Raiders and his teammates through.  Was it that difficult and requires more?

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who cares? 

Point was clear.  Hes a threat to himself. As I clearly wrote he has never done the things I listed that AB put the Raiders and his teammates through.  Was it that difficult and requires more?

I am really having a hard time understanding where your hostility is coming from today. Want to talk football cool but bring it down 30-40% thanks man.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Yes, the only reason most of the sports world remembers one of the greatest offenses in NFL history, and the best team the NFL’s greatest dynasty ever assembled, is because of one loss.

Definitely.

I literally never hear about that team unless it's to discuss the 1 loss.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you not call it absurd?  Seemed to me you were disagreeing 

If not my bad. 

I think calling a team a failure that set records everywhere because some guy had to make the most improbable and absurd catch in SB history to barely beat them, is absurd. Yes. Tyree drops that pass and suddenly that Pats team is so much different?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I literally never hear about that team unless it's to discuss the 1 loss.

Interesting, but not relevant to my point.

My point is that the 2007 Pats were a historically dominant team (probably the best team the Pats have ever had).

No one is arguing that the season didn’t end in colossal disappointment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon outside with Edelman in the slot and Sony Michelle in the backfield?  It will be tough for them to score points until Gronkowski comes out of retirement in Week 6.

Don’t forget James white catching oases our the backfield 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Don’t forget James white catching oases our the backfield 

For their next innovation the Patriots find a way to play with a full OLine, Brady, Edelman, Gordon, Brown, Michelle, James, Gronkowski in a new offensive scheme that the NFL, including the officials, can't figure out.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon outside with Edelman in the slot and Sony Michelle in the backfield?  It will be tough for them to score points until Gronkowski comes out of retirement in Week 6.

He’ll come back couple weeks before playoffs. Everyone on earth knows how this is gonna play out. Belichick keeps his mismatch nightmare healthy for playoffs and gets a free roster spot all year.

• Upvote 1