So when do we go back to the old uniforms?

Philc1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Look like the Kotite Jets, play like the Kotite Jets.

It's like poetry,  because it rhymes.  

Except at least we knew Kotite was a goner in ‘96

The way the idiot Johnsons operate Gase will be here for 3 years while Williams gets fired mid season 

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

I thought the black actually looked better than the greens. The shoulder stripe looks awful but they're less noticeable on the blacks.

I agree about the shoulder stripe being more hidden in the black jerseys.  I'd like to see the black jerseys in a sunny afternoon game though.  It would help bring out the contrast between the black and the green. 

They suck. They are like a generic   version  of what ever the real jersey should  be. 

:) but it gave me the opportunity  to buy the older style  at a much cheaper price.

All jerseys suck now anyway, without sleeves. Takes away from the design  and color. 

The helmet is  too dark. The helmet logo looks safe and friendly  and heartwarming.  Like something we as kids would like in the 1970s. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

It was just a dumb idea to change. Old Teams like to Colts Packers Raiders and Chiefs never changed. I could understand if we were like the Patriots and our logo was too complicated- but that wasnt the case.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And the jets have a classic uniform like those teams

The Johnsons are lost

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And the jets have a classic uniform like those teams

The Johnsons are lost

No one is lost.  They don't  not know they suck. It's all by design. They know they are giving something that they will change  in a few years. 

There are other reasons no one wants to hear lol. I might jot down a few later. Every time a uniform  is changed,  it's  a hint about who will make playoffs that year or later. After that occurs,  they'll  change again. 

Look at Tampa. They're  a effing mess.. brownish grey, orange, red ,...silver/grey numbers with black trim, that look like a time clock and no one understands why. 

After this year, Bucs change again. 

• Haha 1

They aren’t having a good start. They are supposed to represent a break from the past, a new beginning. 

In fact they are reinforcing an even more SOJ, new error. They are starting to have a little Rich Kotite about them.

I’m beginning to dislike them already, as I mentally associate them with the utter fail of the 2019 season.

I wasn't a fan of the uniforms when they came out and still prefer the old ones. I might be able to get used to the new uniforms, but it's that damn helmet. I can't stand the logo. I think they had a chance to get creative and at the end of the day it might as well say "Bengals" on the side. All that money and time and the helmet has zero creativity. 

The new 2019 uniforms are a modernized version of the Coslet era 1990s uniform.   If the retro look didn't happen in 1998, this is where they would have evolved.

I like them. I just wish they realized this and put the 80s/90s helmet "logo" on the headgear instead of what they have now.  

7 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The new 2019 uniforms are a modernized version of the Coslet era 1990s uniform.   If the retro look didn't happen in 1998, this is where they would have evolved.

I like them. I just wish they realized this and put the 80s/90s helmet "logo" on the headgear instead of what they have now.  

They should have just gone back to the 80’s uniforms at least jets fans like me in our 30’s have a sentimentality for those uniforms