college game day...

Beerfish

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Upset alert....SC leading Georgia 17-10 after a pick 6.  @Lith is sweating.

Damn right I am.  We have not looked like a top 5 team most of the season and especially not so far today.  We have not domoinated the line of scrimmage like I expected we would.  Not picking up chunks of yards on the ground, and just about every pass it seems is outside the numbers or a screen pass.  The couple of times Fromm has thrown between the hashes, he has picked up some yardage.  I don't get what we are trying to do on offense.  

2nd half, we have to let the OL and running game win this game.  Unfortunately, our OL has not taken over any games this season.  We need them now more than ever.

• Upvote 1

Just brutally bad coaching by smart.  You have the best Fg in college probably and have a chance to end it in reg time but instead run an extra play, take a penalty and then still have no balls to try a long fg. 

Had to get a really stupid holding call by sc to even get to overtime.

Whoa.  I went for a surf right before half time, figured Georgia would pull it off.  Got out of the water and the first dude I see is wearing a Gators hat.  I say Go Gators!  He says, Georgia just lost!!!!  

Dang, things just got real in the SEC East.  That game in Jax is going to be HUGE!!!

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Whoa.  I went for a surf right before half time, figured Georgia would pull it off.  Got out of the water and the first dude I see is wearing a Gators hat.  I say Go Gators!  He says, Georgia just lost!!!!  

Dang, things just got real in the SEC East.  That game in Jax is going to be HUGE!!!

Gotta get by my Tigers tonight first fella. Should be a heck of a game. 

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

I don't see it with Fromm at all. Watched him several times since 2017 and have always been underwhelmed. Granted I'm a very casual college fan. 

Can anyone ( @Lith ?) explain the hype? 

I can't explain the hype.  What you saw today is what I have seen from Fromm for the last couple of seasons.  Great game manager who can be very successful when the running game is going well, but shut down the run and he can't beat you with his arm.  Does not have the arm strength to fit balls into tight NFL sized windows.  If he does not have the running game going to give him the threat of play action, all he is left with is touch passes outside the numbers.  Receivers didn't help him much today, but that pick 6 just before the half was a throw he could not make.

We did not deserve to win.  SC kept trying to give us chance after chance to win the game, but we did nothing with all those chances.  Just a bad day all around.  Not sure who was worse today, Fromm or Kirby.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Did you watch any of the OU/ Texas game?  Ceedee Lamb is growing on me.  I need to see him in more contested ball situations, but he’s looking nice IMO.  

I've been running kids to birthdays all damn, but i caught the infamous "5 DB" TD.... ridiculous. On both sides of the ball.

I've always held Lamb in high regard. I get the "position precision" concerns, but i think he's a baller, through and through

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Gotta get by my Tigers tonight first fella. Should be a heck of a game. 

Technically we dont.  Not with Georgia losing.  The upcoming loss this evening actually won’t hurt us.  Just got to take care of business in Jax. 

Should he interesting tonight.  Similar to last week, everyone has Auburn and that offense but not taking into account they hadn’t seen a D like the Gators.  Same thing tonight, LSU hasn’t played a top 90 D.  We are going to lose but should be a great match up of 2 strengths.