Mariota not passing the eye test

Philc1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

From the inconsistencies we've seen, Darnold may not be far behind. Just an opinion. 

5th year for Mariota 62 starts .. Darnold 16 starts.... lets see where Sam is after year 3.   hell is only played 3 games this year.  1 avg game.  1 great game and 1 sh*tty game..  2nd year guy inconsistent is not surprising nor should be alarming.   5th year starter still being inconsistent, Alarming.   And to be quite Honest much like Sam Monday night Mariota has been under siege all year.  That OL is as bad as ours. But with that said after 5 years he is still showing inconsistencies and Tannehill will be the same as he's always been.  Decent when he plays but will get hurt.    Still a little early on to judge Sam...  I am sure after last weeks game you were feeling very different about him than you are today.  So to make that long post short.  Don't judge a player on 1 specific game.  lets get a good look at a bigger body of work.   Cause the 6 games Sam played before this one as a body of work where fantastic.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Competition for Darnold is coming. 

I don't agree with this.  For one Sam is still a pup, not a chance he loses his starting job.  Maybe even more so what half competent QB would waste their last opportunity at being viewed a competent starter on this team?  With Gase and our current O-Line Mariota would like a scared pineapple. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

I don't agree with this.  For one Sam is still a pup, not a chance he loses his starting job.  Maybe even more so what half competent QB would waste their last opportunity at being viewed a competent starter on this team?  With Gase and our current O-Line Mariota would like a scared pineapple. 

JD is derelict if he doesn’t bring in someone better than the trash backups we have. Patriots have the best QB in history and yet draft a QB every year. I wonder why. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

JD is derelict if he doesn’t bring in someone better than the trash backups we have. Patriots have the best QB in history and yet draft a QB every year. I wonder why. 

Maybe because they don't have giant holes that need fixing at 50% of their roster spots?

20 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

5th year for Mariota 62 starts .. Darnold 16 starts.... lets see where same is after year 3.   hell is only played 3 games this year.  1 avg game.  1 great game and 1 sh*tty game..  2nd year guy inconsistent is not surprising nor should be alarming.   5th year starter still being inconsistent, Alarming.   And to be quite Honest much like Sam Monday night Mariota has been under siege all year.  That OL is as bad as ours. But with that said after 5 years he is still showing inconsistencies and Tannehill will be the same as he's alwyas been.  Decent when he plays but will get hurt.    Still a little early on to judge Sam...  I am sure after last weeks game you were feeling very different about him than you are today.  So to make that long post short.  Don't judge a player on 1 specific game.  lets get a good look at a bigger body of work.   Cause the 6 games Sam played before this one as a body of work where fantastic.   

Half the people here declaring Sam’s career over thought Mariota was a “faster Russell Wilson” and declared Baker Mayfield the “next Drew Brees”

Oh and they wanted to trade down Jonah Williams of the IR train

So there ya go!

4 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Maybe because they don't have giant holes that need fixing at 50% of their roster spots?

No. Because QB most important position in game and even if one shows well in limited duty you can flip him for a ransom.

7 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You must be seeing whole teams of psychiatrists. Do you earn your computer time with good behavior or is it court ordered?

I’m just marveling at the perfection of these two generational qb talents Baker and Mariota. 

And now Zion the guy I was supposed to jump off a bridge because the Knicks didn’t get is getting knee surgery 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m just marveling at the perfection of these two generational qb talents Baker and Mariota. 

And now Zion the guy I was supposed to jump off a bridge because the Knicks didn’t get is getting knee surgery 

Well I was going by the content of all your posts actually.

Comparing Baker who is a struggling 2nd yr QB with a huge bust like Mariota isn't really based in reality. It's same thing as saying Sam is a bust after the NE game. It's plain silly if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I was going by the content of all your posts actually.

Comparing Baker who is a struggling 2nd yr QB with a huge bust like Mariota isn't really based in reality. It's same thing as saying Sam is a bust after the NE game. It's plain silly if you ask me.

But Baker is a bust

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

yes.. with Sam we'll go 4 -12 , with a good back up, maybe 3-13 :)

#1 I don;t want to give gase and the admin a free pass which is what they have been given.

#2 yo never know if you are going to find a gem. 

Rams thought they were done when trent green git hurt, the eagles thought they were done when wentz went down.

Half the teams in the this league are functioning with back ups.

• Upvote 2