Tankathon

At this point, I haven't looked at the next year's draft class... but knowing the premium teams pay for top picks to get QBs. I'm on board with the tank, and getting that top pick. Spend it on a WR, OL or a different QB. 

I've said a million times, you cannot over-invest in the QB position. If someone like Tua can take Sam's job, let him take it. If another team wants to pay for Sam, or that pick, take it. 

At this point.  Trade L. Williams, Trade Robby Anderson.. get a couple of 3rd picks.    Draft Jeudy at the top of the draft in RD 1.  and nothing but OL after that....  Find a pass rusher and CB in Free Agency.

Now if somehow we can trade down in RD 1. and gather more picks... I am ok with that as well.   Especially if you can still wind up wth Jeudy in rd 1... which means we would have to be at #1 or #2 and trade back to 4 or 5

• Upvote 1

At this point, I haven't looked at the next year's draft class... but knowing the premium teams pay for top picks to get QBs. I'm on board with the tank, and getting that top pick. Spend it on a WR, OL or a different QB. 
I've said a million times, you cannot over-invest in the QB position. If someone like Tua can take Sam's job, let him take it. If another team wants to pay for Sam, or that pick, take it. 
It doesn't matter how much you over invest at qb.... if your team allows 8 sacks in one game your team does not win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Gives us a better shot for Chase Young, or a QB if need be.

And the Jets would ruin him too. Trade back and get as many picks as possible and draft OL,OL,OL,OL. This is by far the worst OL I have seen the Jets field that I can remember. You can't develop a QB with this bad OL play. You just can't 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Trade everyone,  lose out.  Get the 1st pick and auction it off to the highest bidder not named the Dolphins.  Then actually rebuild the offensive line thru the draft. That would be a good start. 

Right because doing that for the last 8 years has really worked 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2

i never root for a loss. the draft is a crapshoot anyway.

look at Josh Allen DE picked 9th.

It’s far less of a crapshoot if you draft smart. Lots of people here were yelling for Josh Allen at 3. Him doing well after falling a bit doesn’t make the draft a “crapshoot”. It shows some GM’s generally “get it” while ours never do.

When it comes to pass rushers especially, there are quantitative elements that demonstrate which ones MIGHT succeed as well as those that definitely won’t. Again, some front offices get this while others don’t.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s far less of a crapshoot if you draft smart. Lots of people here were yelling for Josh Allen at 3. Him doing well after falling a bit doesn’t make the draft a “crapshoot”. It shows some GM’s generally “get it” while ours never do.

When it comes to pass rushers especially, there are quantitative elements that demonstrate which ones MIGHT succeed as well as those that definitely won’t. Again, some front offices get this while others don’t.

And then there is this 1 team, only 1 in the league who hires a moronic, as* kissing (Casserly’s) lackey Fraud who props empty coffee cups on his desk thinking he’s fooling anyone with an IQ over 80 that he is not the incompetent sack of sh*t he really is who gets his friend Casserly to talk this team into upping his Pay Grade to GM right at the time he is about to be FIRED by Houston from his Scout job.

For this 1 team, who shall remain nameless, do you think there is ANY hope?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

As a life long Jets fan I've been thru a whole lot of abuse with losing and mocking with fans of other NFL teams. What I hope will happen is for the Jets to end up 1-15. That will get us the #1 pick which then we can trade down and stockpile some much needed picks. That will also ensure Gase getting relieved of his duties. In reality, they will go on a mini run which will give us a pick in the 6-8th range along with Gase returning next season. This team is so bad they can't even tank right.

22 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Trade everyone worth anything, today or tomorrow.  

Agreed! Joe Douglas needs to have a fire sale and accumulate as many draft picks as he can for 2020. I would put everyone on the table:

Leonard Williams

Jamal Adams

Le'Veon Bell 

Robby Anderson

Sam Darnold - If I'm Joe Douglas I didn't draft this guy. I'll put a bow on him and pay for the shipping if some team would give us a 1st rd pick for him.

You kind of want to think a decision was made between Douglas and Gase to tank the season with how bad the playcalling has been because that means Gase is a lot better than the product on the field and maybe he is trying to assess who could play in his system next year. It would not be unusual for a new GM to let the team go to trash his first season to get a fresh start with better draft position and cap room. Unfortunately I do not have much faith that is the case. 

If the Jets end up at the top of the draft it probably makes the most sense to trade back a little and draft two or three OL players in the first and second rounds.