Anyone see the penalty on McCoy?

Jetster

3 hours ago, RobR said:

I honestly thought they threw the flag for intentional grounding and it was a safety. The officiating has never been worse in my 40 or so years of watching this league. 

Same here. I watched it over and over asking what was the penalty and was told “he drove Rodgers into the ground”. Like so what? 

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is no way on gods green earth that Sam Darnold gets a lame azz call like that. 

I literally yelled “I hate the NFL!” 

These refs are seriously ruining this game for me! McCoy did everything right, it was textbook, hit Rogers, turned his body so as to not land directly on him. 

Then they say, oh they didn’t score on that drive so all even, BULLsh*t! Carolina would have gotten that punt close to the 50 yard line, instead their defense had to defend a 15 play drive when they should have been sitting their azzes on the bench getting a nice rest watching the offense. 

Very tough watching these games lately. 

Welcome to 2015. We will now transfer u to the year 2019, where it gets so bad the poster who calls himself Hessstation doesn’t watch these sh*t games anymore and is much happier. Join me friend. Revolt revolt revolt 

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Welcome to 2015. We will now transfer u to the year 2019, where it gets so bad the poster who calls himself Hessstation doesn’t watch these sh*t games anymore and is much happier. Join me friend. Revolt revolt revolt 

What really burns my azz is these f*cking owners are watching the same sh*t we are & don't do sh*t about it! When you making billions you don't stir the pot. This league has been sticking it up the Jets azz for years with biased calls to make sure there are no upsets & to keep us in the Washington Generals category & not the NFL elite. 6 penalties in a row vs Dallas, the refs tried to do everything in their power to tilt that game to the Cowboys at the end. There was no doubt in my mind the refs wanted to throw another flag on that missed 2 point conversion but the optics of 7 flags IN A ROW would have been to bad to ignore by the talking heads all week. 

Just like that call against McCoy, it's changes the game. This is a game of inches, the Carolina defense should not have been on the field at that point, their offense would have had the ball. TOP means something to a bad defense. An extra possession means something, especially giving Aaron Rogers an undeserved extra possession. Pisses me off & I could give a damn about the Panthers but it's still BS!

Oh, and that game ended with CM stopped at the goal line. That bad call much earlier had an affect, I don't care what those azzhole announcers say.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, PS17 said:

How can refereeing continue to deteriorate like this? Multiple game changing awful calls in almost every game. It’s never been worse.

I’d have to assume that Goodell and these dickbag owners making numerous rule changes every offseason just for the sake of change has something to do with it.

Goodell has been the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL.

I don’t recall this crap going on constantly every offseason under the guidance of guys like Rozelle and Tagliabue.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

And? 

Maybe they say it because they are right.

Simple comment.  Fans think the refs are the worst every year, the game is going to hell.  

And no, it cant be be worse than the year before for 40 straight years

Really didnt think it needed to be challenged,  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Simple comment.  Fans think the refs are the worst every year, the game is going to hell.  

And no, it cant be be worse than the year before for 40 straight years

Really didnt think it needed to be challenged,  

They have certainly been right more often than they are wrong.  I get the need for increased safety, but the PI rules and "what is a catch?"  are beyond moronic at this point.  I think sometimes the league makes changes just to **** with us and I am not sure the officials always understand them.

19 hours ago, Green DNA said:

The non call in the Fins game was just as bad. The DE blasted him off his feet a good 2 seconds after he threw the ball, a blatant roughing the passer penalty. The ref was standing right there and did nothing. 

That's what pisses me off. You hit Brady or Rogers like that & the field is layered with flags, its BS!

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

What really burns my azz is these f*cking owners are watching the same sh*t we are & don't do sh*t about it! When you making billions you don't stir the pot. This league has been sticking it up the Jets azz for years with biased calls to make sure there are no upsets & to keep us in the Washington Generals category & not the NFL elite. 6 penalties in a row vs Dallas, the refs tried to do everything in their power to tilt that game to the Cowboys at the end. There was no doubt in my mind the refs wanted to throw another flag on that missed 2 point conversion but the optics of 7 flags IN A ROW would have been to bad to ignore by the talking heads all week. 

Just like that call against McCoy, it's changes the game. This is a game of inches, the Carolina defense should not have been on the field at that point, their offense would have had the ball. TOP means something to a bad defense. An extra possession means something, especially giving Aaron Rogers an undeserved extra possession. Pisses me off & I could give a damn about the Panthers but it's still BS!

Oh, and that game ended with CM stopped at the goal line. That bad call much earlier had an affect, I don't care what those azzhole announcers say.

I didn’t watch any of it and it was glorious 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’d have to assume that Goodell and these dickbag owners making numerous rule changes every offseason just for the sake of change has something to do with it.

I don’t recall this crap going on constantly every offseason under the guidance of guys like Rozelle and Tagliabue.

Fantasy Football was designed to keep you all interested in what amounts to a steaming pile of sh*t.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

For starters, defensive players were actually allowed to hit people during those years.

I don't want the NFL to revert back to the days of headhunting and where anything goes, but we are now in a place where you can't even breathe on another player without getting some sort of penalty.  The NFL has to figure out a happy medium between these extremes because these ticky tack roughing and pass interference penalties are ruining the enjoyment of watching the sport IMO. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

They have certainly been right more often than they are wrong.  I get the need for increased safety, but the PI rules and "what is a catch?"  are beyond moronic at this point.  I think sometimes the league makes changes just to **** with us and I am not sure the officials always understand them.

I agree with the PI rules etc.

But thats not a referee issue, thats a rule issue