What has 353 yds and a single TD

Dunnie

12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Didn’t know FOs kept that stat. It shows up on tape often. So I don’t think it’s a false red flag. It’s a flaw, but Darnold has enough positives that we can build around him. Just have to spend money on the right players. 

46 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It’s a flaw, but Darnold has enough positives that we can build around him.

it's a flaw alright. it costs us WINS.

From my observations I remain uncertain if he has enough positives. He has to raise the bar considerably to even be a middle of the pack NFL QB. He misses too many open WRs, he needs to make more plays with his feet, throw fewer INTs, correct his mechanics. He needs to have his good games appear more frequently while raising the bar on his bad games out of the ABYSMAL range.

I mean this year he has a stretch v Pats/JAx/MIA where he throws only %50, 7 int/2td  we go.... 0-3

Last year he has a 3 game stretch v MIN/CHI/MIA where he throws below %50 7int/ 2td  we go 0-3

Last year he had 7 games w/ less than 200 yds and only 2 300 yd games.

This year he has 2 games under 200 so far, and 1 300 yd game....

9/19 games under 200 yds. Almost half his games uder 200 yds.

That's BAD. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

look at the numbers.

i know wesley is a Jet legend. but he was... 

a one trick poney. not a #1 WR, very skinny and not a physical battle for the ball WR that wins alotta 50/50 balls.

sorry but you are 100 % incorrect and numbers don't say anything about how Wesley Played ...It was a completely different era ..he was able to make the tough catches Robbie is not and never will be

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

sorry but you are 100 % incorrect and numbers don't say anything about how Wesley Played ...It was a completely different era ..he was able to make the tough catches Robbie is not and never will be

you can stay in your fantasy world...  its ok...

On 11/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, Jetster said:

When other teams that NEED a WR & are fighting for the playoffs offer you a 4th round pick, you do not give that guy 13 million. Just giving that knucklehead 6-8 million scares the sh*t out of me.

How much should the QB get? Think he’s gonna be worth 35+ million per?

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

according to many fans, the qb gase inherited is garbage.

Show me the numbers that prove he’s been good. We like to show them to prove everyone else’s worth.

6 hours ago, Stark said:

could be. we have definitely seen Darnold regress from last season. 

It’s not just us. Everyone else has also.

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Whose fault is it Darnold has been so bad?

Oh yeah, I forgot. It’s everyone else’s. It’s never his fault, right?

its bizarre, isnt it? i mean, i was like 11 y/o when I purposefully chose to think that Richard Todd's GOOD games were who he REALLY was as a QB.

Wonder what the avg age is for the Sam Darnold Apolgists Club?

I don't get how hard it is to understand the simple fact that with an all time terrible OL  you are not going to have good results offensively.

Specifically for Robbie Anderson.  Whom every route he runs is some type of mid to deep route.  Guess what by the time he gets to the Apex of his route Sam is sacked, scrambling or has thrown the ball away. Maybe try scheming better to help Sam out with shorter routes, Quick Ins and Out.  Quick slants.  6 yd comebacks might help but Gase does non of that. 

Which leads me to the 2nd point on Sams ineffectiveness on throwing the deep ball.  He has no time to go deep.  So he's always throwing it either 

1. Too Soon

2. Scrambling for his life

3.  Peddling backwards

There isn't much chance for him to be much better than what the stats show.

Not making an excuse for Robby or Sam. Bottom line is that it is impossible to fairly judge them based on the OL situation and the game plan.

It's like telling a pole vaulter to do their thing but they are only allowed to use 1 arm.  And then judging them based off their 1 arm pole vault performance.  

So any and all gripes about anything offensively should be about the OL and the game plan.  Any other point anyone is trying to make, especially player specific, is pointless.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

its bizarre, isnt it? i mean, i was like 11 y/o when I purposefully chose to think that Richard Todd's GOOD games were who he REALLY was as a QB.

Wonder what the avg age is for the Sam Darnold Apolgists Club?

I am far from a Sam Apologist but the reality is the OL is absolute sh*& and it's pretty hard to judge Sam IMO.    Richard Todd was an enigma and for all I know Sam might be too.   I just know Todd had decent OL's and right now Sam does not.

13 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

I just know Todd had decent OL's and right now Sam does not.

This is true. My concern is the high degree of variability in his play EVEN WHEN HE IS PROTECTED.

This is PART of the problem. The OL is the biggest part,

and DBs and lack of sacks is also part of the problem.

I have seen him roll and throw and complete.

I have seen him roll and throw and throw a ground ball that is uncatchable.

The Slant INT in RZ vs Cowboys that kept them in the game? WTF was that garbage?

He misses too many deep throws.

And I wouldn't count you among SDAC.  ;-)

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Darnold Sucks Under Pressure

He's completing just 50% of his passes versus the blitz, which ranks last in the league.

And on top of that there are only a paltry few who throw WORSE on deep balls...

Can't handle pressure, can;t throw deep....        that needsa be fixed...   JUST TO GET TO AVERAGE NFL QB.

Who has the 30th ranked offense in points per game
who is last in total passing yards for the season
Who is last in yards per game
Who is last in offensive touchdowns (7)
Yes the JETS offense is horrible. Absolutely horrible. 

The Defense has scored 3 TDs and 2 Safeties and our Special Teams has a TD.
So the offense has 7 TDs rest of team has 4 and 2 safeties. this is all time bad offense

Good thing the genius owners are committed to Gase through 2020 to absolutely ensure Darnold will be ruined by Gase

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ill look for it, after you acknowledge that your statement was not correct. 

Let's deal with one thing at a time.

Sure, I'll play,

Robbie has the tools but lacks the fighter's instinct to be a number 1 WR.  Outside of one instance many, many games ago in a season far, far away, he loses EVERY battle for a ball, and way too often just doesn't even bother to come back to meet the pass.  If you don't hit him in the hands, it's basically an incompletion.  Very frustrating to watch.

Now go find me that clip.

In a recent mock I made I gave Robby 3 years $27m with an out of something goes sideways off the field. Enunwa got $8m per year but that was also by a GM who is no longer here. I think Robby will get at least $9m per on the open market. 

Won't lose sleep if we don't resign him but I think it's probably worth it to retain some of our own players since there is no way we look like an attractive landing spot to other FAs.