1981: Season Ticket Holder Application $88 per year !!!

46 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Of course there was a waiting list!  NFL tickets to this day are still the best value of any sport.  This is the reason why PSL's are a gift from God for people like me who were stuck on the waiting list from 1988 to 2002.

Jets tickets were never priced properly.  The very best seats in the house were so cheap anyone with season ticket rights in a family of Giants fans would be stupid not to buy dead Uncle Tommy's Jets seats themselves and sell them to ticket brokers for 5x or 10x face value.  I know a guy who had 12 Jets seats in Giants Stadium and literally put his kids through college on the profits.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Somewhere I think I have the little post cards with your waiting list # updated yearly and the letter when my wait was over, good times. 

DSC03706.jpg

DSC03707.jpg

Yup.  I collected quite a few from 1988 to 2002.

One of the happiest days of my life was in 2000 when I discovered something called eBay and found a Jets fan selling a postcard for his rights to his Row 1 Mezzanine seats in Giants Stadium for $10,000.  He signed the card, sent it to me, I sent it to the Jets, bing, bang, boom, no more waiting list for SAR.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, isired said:

When we started in 1990 it was $200 (8x25) in the 300 level. I don't think it went up much until Parcells came.

That's the tidbit that all those "PSL's suck!" haters never understood, always made me laugh.

When I first got my season tickets in 2001 they were $58 each.  By 2005 they went up to $75.  By the time the 2008 season rolled around, they were $125.

All that outrage, all those arguments......ticket prices in MetLife Stadium flatlined at $125, even went down to $120 in recent years.  But back in a single 8 year period in crappy Giants Stadium, the prices more than doubled and no one complained.

SAR I

When I first got my seasons way back in the late 70’s they were $72.00 per seat I had two SECTION 26 ROW J SEATS 1&2. Don’t have them anymore but when I did there was nothing better than going to games and my surrounding section mates never missed a game. Lots of fun was had back then 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

DSC03706.jpg

DSC03707.jpg

One of the happiest days of my life was in 2000 when I discovered something called eBay and found a Jets fan selling a postcard for his rights to his Row 1 Mezzanine seats in Giants Stadium for $10,000.  He signed the card, sent it to me, I sent it to the Jets, bing, bang, boom, no more waiting list for SAR.

SAR I

so you got 8 years of those row 1 seats for 10k.  1250 bucks a year, 300 dollars a seat.  so 30 bucks a ticket added to your cost?   seems reasonable if my quick math works out.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

For the record, $11 in 1981 is $32 today

Pro sports is short slightingly pricing itself out of its future. 

It will continue to be supply and demand.  If the prices are too high the seats will be empty.  If the prices are too low you end up with demand outstripping supply and game tickets going for 1.5X to 5X face value on things like NFL Ticket Exchange or Stubhub.

I honestly think the Jets are right around where they need to be.  The stadium has better than 95% attendance almost all year (that's actual butts in seats, people through the turnstiles), with some games like Dallas, Giants, etc. having secondary market prices higher than face, and lesser games going for half-price.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

I know a guy who had 12 Jets seats in Giants Stadium and literally put his kids through college on the profits.

SAR I

Well there is at least one person on planet Earth who has gotten  something positive from the Jets.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so you got 8 years of those row 1 seats for 10k.  1250 bucks a year, 300 dollars a seat.  so 30 bucks a ticket added to your cost?   seems reasonable if my quick math works out.  

Yes. 

What worked for me:  Got off the waitlist and got seats that probably would’ve taken 200 years to get based on typical 2% annual turnover and upgrade procedures. 2002 playoff game being the highlight, that 2009 season too. 

What didn’t work for me:  When they announced a new stadium I had hoped that I would get seniority based on the person who transferred the seats to me (1966) and instead they did it on age of season ticket changeover (2001).  So I had to spend another $4,000 in 2008 to another long-time season ticket holder who had Day 1 seniority in order for him to get first row mezzanine seats in Metlife Stadium and sign them over to me in 2010.  Good times.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Well there is at least one person on planet Earth who has gotten  something positive from the Jets.

It’s a funny joke, I LOL’d, but I remember living in Manhattan in the 80’s and 90’s taking the bus from the Port Authority out to the Meadowlands with cash in my pocket looking for scalpers to buy tickets from. And far too often turning right back around on a bus with my girlfriend and getting back to our apartment late in the third quarter, no tickets to be found.  

And it was the fault of squatting fans like that who were the problem.  If the tickets were properly priced back then, the brokers would have been out of business and the Giants fans with dead Uncle Tony’s Jets tickets wouldn’t have kept his old subscription.

PSL’s weeded out all the freeloaders. Some may hate him, but to me Woody Johnson is Abraham Lincoln.  Once a slave, now I am free. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes. 

What worked for me:  Got off the waitlist and got seats that probably would’ve taken 200 years to get based on typical 2% annual turnover and upgrade procedures. 2002 playoff game being the highlight, that 2009 season too. 

What didn’t work for me:  When they announced a new stadium I had hoped that I would get seniority based on the person who transferred the seats to me (1966) and instead they did it on age of season ticket changeover (2001).  So I had to spend another $4,000 in 2008 to another long-time season ticket holder who had Day 1 seniority in order for him to get first row mezzanine seats in Metlife Stadium and sign them over to me in 2010.  Good times.  

SAR I

you would have never gotten those seats off the wait list. 

we got seats HIGH up on the 30rd yard line (like 2-3 rows from the top) and they said those were good seats.  In previous years we had bought season tickets from someone down at the 10 yard line (LL) for face.  that was a good deal but they sucked at the time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

It’s a funny joke, I LOL’d, but I remember living in Manhattan in the 80’s and 90’s taking the bus from the Port Authority out to the Meadowlands with cash in my pocket looking for scalpers to buy tickets from. And far too often turning right back around on a bus with my girlfriend and getting back to our apartment late in the third quarter, no tickets to be found.  

And it was the fault of squatting fans like that who were the problem.  If the tickets were properly priced back then, the brokers would have been out of business and the Giants fans with dead Uncle Tony’s Jets tickets wouldn’t have kept his old subscription.

PSL’s weeded out all the freeloaders. Some may hate him, but to me Woody Johnson is Abraham Lincoln.  Once a slave, now I am free. 

SAR I

I scalped for a few years and got into every game I went to never worrying about the price of the tickets. 

PSL's weeded out diehard fans who didn't want to or couldn't afford to put money in Woody Johnson's bank account. 

joewilly12 

44 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you would have never gotten those seats off the wait list. 

we got seats HIGH up on the 30rd yard line (like 2-3 rows from the top) and they said those were good seats.  In previous years we had bought season tickets from someone down at the 10 yard line (LL) for face.  that was a good deal but they sucked at the time.

Oh, I know what I got off the waitlist because even though I got my rights from eBay I stayed on the waitlist in 2001 and 2002 just to see what I was offered.  The seats I waited 15 years for were endzone, upper deck, last row.  I kid you not.  My neighbors were the light stanchions and the flags.  At least yours were on the sidelines.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I scalped for a few years and got into every game I went to never worrying about the price of the tickets. 

PSL's weeded out diehard fans who didn't want to or couldn't afford to put money in Woody Johnson's bank account. 

joewilly12 

Back in those days I made a nice starting salary but living in Manhattan was expensive.  I had a hard cap for Jets tickets and it wasn't easy getting back on that Port Authority bus empty handed.

PSL's didn't hurt diehard fans because Woody Johnson gave them 27,000 upper deck seats with $0 PSL on them.  And with their seniority they could sit smack dab on the 50 yard line, first or second row.  They were given the ability to pay fair market value and they chose not to.  That's a shame but it's on them, not the Jets. 

They were given the monetary deal of a lifetime from 1984 to 2009.  25 years of tickets around $30 for most of it, and the best seats in the house, too.  When asked to finally pay more, they did what Jets fans do-  cheap out.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Woody Johnson gave them 27,000 upper deck seats with $0 PSL on them.

Did you ever have an ant farm as a child. 

Thats what the players look like from the upper deck  in the much higher MetLife Stadium. 

Many opted to have a front row seat in front of a large screen TV. 

joewilly12

Image result for comparison giants stadium metlife stadium
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you ever have an ant farm as a child. 

Thats what the players look like from the upper deck  in the much higher MetLife Stadium. 

Many opted to have a front row seat in front of a large screen TV. 

joewilly12

If given a choice of a upper deck seat or no seat, I’d have taken the upper deck seat. A loyal fan would. 

They ran out like spoiled children because they were finally asked to pay a fair price for the best seats in the house after 25 years of bargains and profits. That ain’t loyalty. That’s selfish.  

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If given a choice of a upper deck seat or no seat, I’d have taken the upper deck seat. A loyal fan would. 

They ran out like spoiled children because they were finally asked to pay a fair price for the best seats in the house after 25 years of bargains and profits. That ain’t loyalty. That’s selfish.  

SAR I

@SAR I  This is a lie on so many levels. 

You would not sit in the UD ever. 

No one ran out, this has nothing to with loyalty to the NY Jets. 

Many were treated unfairly. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Oh, I know what I got off the waitlist because even though I got my rights from eBay I stayed on the waitlist in 2001 and 2002 just to see what I was offered.  The seats I waited 15 years for were endzone, upper deck, last row.  I kid you not.  My neighbors were the light stanchions and the flags.  At least yours were on the sidelines.

SAR I

Exactly.  They said to be happy with the seats. 

I can still remember all the drunks.   Didn’t smell the farts though. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Explain to me why anyone would want season tickets when you can buy them on ticketmaster the week before the game?

Sit next to the same fans for decades, they become your good friends.

Guaranteed not to sit next to idiots.

No hassles with getting shut out of a particular section for a particular game.

No concerns with payment methods, dubious sellers, duplicate tickets.

VIP Invites to OTA practices.

VIP Invites to training camp.

VIP Invites to meet players and executives at Florham Park.

VIP Invites to on-field pregame warmups.

Sit in your seats next to your friends for playoff games.

SAR I

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sit next to the same fans for decades, they become your good friends.

Guaranteed not to sit next to idiots.

No hassles with getting shut out of a particular section for a particular game.

No concerns with payment methods, dubious sellers, duplicate tickets.

Sit in your seats next to your friends for playoff games.

SAR I

After having a PSL for 7 years, here has been my experience.

Sit next to the same fans for decades, they become your good friends. False, season ticket holders around my seats constantly sold their tickets via Stubhub

Guaranteed not to sit next to idiots. See prior note. And even the season ticket holders around me were a bunch of drunk fools.

No hassles with getting shut out of a particular section for a particular game. Stubhub has every section for every game available. You can go to the SuperBowl and sit anywhere you want nevermind some meaningless Jet game.

No concerns with payment methods, dubious sellers, duplicate tickets. Not a concern, Stubhubs policy is phenomenal. Was sold duplicate upper deck tickets for an Eagles concert in Philly 5+ years ago. The Stubhub office put me 10 rows from the stage within 20 minutes of notifying them, credited me for the entire ticket purchase and gave me an additional $200 in credit for future purchases.

Sit in your seats next to your friends for playoff games. When's the last home playoff game the Jets have had? I don't recall sitting next to anyone, nevermind my friends, during a Jets playoff game at Metlife.

That leaves you with the following that you pay a 50%+ premium for compared to what you could have gotten on Stubhub for the past decade:

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

After having a PSL for 7 years, here has been my experience.

Sit next to the same fans for decades, they become your good friends. False, season ticket holders around my seats constantly sold their tickets via Stubhub

Guaranteed not to sit next to idiots. See prior note. And even the season ticket holders around me were a bunch of drunk fools.

No hassles with getting shut out of a particular section for a particular game. Stubhub has every section for every game available. You can go to the SuperBowl and sit anywhere you want nevermind some meaningless Jet game.

No concerns with payment methods, dubious sellers, duplicate tickets. Not a concern, Stubhubs policy is phenomenal. Was sold duplicate upper deck tickets for an Eagles concert in Philly 5+ years ago. The Stubhub office put me 10 rows from the stage within 20 minutes of notifying them, credited me for the entire ticket purchase and gave me an additional $200 in credit for future purchases.

Sit in your seats next to your friends for playoff games. When's the last home playoff game the Jets have had? I don't recall sitting next to anyone, nevermind my friends, during a Jets playoff game at Metlife.

That leaves you with the following that you pay a 50%+ premium for compared to what you could have gotten on Stubhub for the past decade:

One of the benefits of having Day 1 seniority and Row 1 seats in the Mezzanine is that all the people around you also have great seats and don't let them go.

I'm sorry you were in some fly-by-night section.  Most of us aren't.

SAR I

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  This is a lie on so many levels. 

You would not sit in the UD ever. 

No one ran out, this has nothing to with loyalty to the NY Jets. 

Many were treated unfairly. 

joewilly12 

Yes, I would sit in the upper deck if given no other choice either physically or financially.  I care about the team.  I'm loyal.  I waited 15 years on a waiting list.  Trust me, I'd be in the stadium in the upper deck if I had no alternative.

No one was treated unfairly.  It's the opposite.  The Jets were unbelievably fair to Giants Stadium season ticket holders between the 20's.  For 25 years they were paying upper deck prices for the best seats in the house.  And instead of being grateful for that good fortune, instead of saying thank you with their wallets, they used the PSL process as an excuse to quit on the team.  They could have kept their seats.  They chose not to.  They didn't offer to overpay for their cherry seats for 25 years so they had no right to get upset when those same seats were finally priced fairly.  You know, the prices they themselves were getting from the brokers and buying luxury cars and college educations with.  The PSL process ended the free ride.  They had it great for 25 years.  Now it's someone else's turn.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, I would sit in the upper deck if given no other choice either physically or financially.  I care about the team.  I'm loyal.  I waited 15 years on a waiting list.  Trust me, I'd be in the stadium in the upper deck if I had no alternative.

No one was treated unfairly.  It's the opposite.  The Jets were unbelievably fair to Giants Stadium season ticket holders between the 20's.  For 25 years they were paying upper deck prices for the best seats in the house.  And instead of being grateful for that good fortune, instead of saying thank you with their wallets, they used the PSL process as an excuse to quit on the team.  They could have kept their seats.  They chose not to.  They didn't offer to overpay for their cherry seats for 25 years so they had no right to get upset when those same seats were finally priced fairly.  You know, the prices they themselves were getting from the brokers and buying luxury cars and college educations with.  The PSL process ended the free ride.  They had it great for 25 years.  Now it's someone else's turn.

SAR I

In most cases your opinions, thoughts and feelings towards former NY Jets season ticket holders is false and a construed lie. 

But if you feel good feeling that way, keep on doing it. 

joewilly12 

On 1/15/2020 at 10:31 AM, SAR I said:

DSC03706.jpg

DSC03707.jpg

SAR I

Just before the 2004 season I bought someone’s #11 place in line on the waitlist for $1,000. That low number got my tix that year. That was my first year as a season ticket holder. I was the second from the last row up top on the sideline just before the corner. 

• Upvote 1