What nobody is mentioning re Tannehill/Gase

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In a very strong way, the success of Ryan Tannehill away from Adam Gase should be very encouraging for Jets fans. The reason is simple. It shows that Gase will not completely destroy Sam Darnolds career. He may hinder it but it will not destroy it. Which means that once Gase is fired (if he is) Darnold is completely salvageable and can grow quickly into an elite QB. Just look at Ryan Tannehill. 

That is very encouraging

• Thumb Down 1

Considering he went to Tennessee as the backup QB which means less starter snaps & basically an injury insurance policy for Mariotta why isn't the story that Adam Gase PREPARED Ryan Tannehill for his current success?

This is the 1st coach for the Jets that some fans want fired that went 7-5 with his starting QB. It's very strange, I don't get it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because he’s a bad coach and if you watch the team play it’s obvious.

As far as I’m concerned if you miss the playoffs record is meaningless - and then you have to look at the product that was put the field.  It wasn’t pretty.  

You can't have it both ways, Product on the field was a reflection of overall talent. Talent wasn't there but they beat teams with more talent?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In a very strong way, the success of Ryan Tannehill away from Adam Gase should be very encouraging for Jets fans. The reason is simple. It shows that Gase will not completely destroy Sam Darnolds career. He may hinder it but it will not destroy it. Which means that once Gase is fired (if he is) Darnold is completely salvageable and can grow quickly into an elite QB. Just look at Ryan Tannehill. 

Jesus

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Considering he went to Tennessee as the backup QB which means less starter snaps & basically an injury insurance policy for Mariotta why isn't the story that Adam Gase PREPARED Ryan Tannehill for his current success?

This is the 1st coach for the Jets that some fans want fired that went 7-5 with his starting QB. It's very strange, I don't get it. 

I hope this was a joke. 

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Juishus Crimps, shut up. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Does it say anything how many fans are unhappy with Gase?

Or do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is?

You hire a HC with experience like the Jets did and there will be factions for each coach mentioned as candidates.  Some for McCarthy, some for whoever and some for Gase.  Makes no difference, the majority didnt get who they wanted.

Says a lot more that most all here thought we were a 6-10 or worse team going into the season

We lost a ton of players

We lost our starting and backup QBs

We finished above their predictions and still theyre complaining.  

Biggest problem to me is that people asking things like "do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is" when there is a ton of space between those two points.  He doesn't have to be great today, haven't heard a single person claim he is.  Leaves the impression that if hes not great he sucks as badly as all the critics claim.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because he’s a bad coach and if you watch the team play it’s obvious.

As far as I’m concerned if you miss the playoffs record is meaningless - and then you have to look at the product that was put the field.  It wasn’t pretty.  

Actually, you have to take an honest look at the talent on the field.

A lot more complicated than just screaming "Gase SUCKS", like you do at every turn.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Thank God. It's been rough this year.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Biggest problem to me is that people asking things like "do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is" when there is a ton of space between those two points.

That fair, to be honest.

He doesn't have to be great today, haven't heard a single person claim he is.

SAR certainly thinks he is/was great today/this season.

So when can fans expect/demand he be great, or at least materially above average?  Not 2019, clearly.  Not 2020?  Is 2021 ok?  Top 10 Offense and 10 wins by 2021 or we can be allowed to say he sucks?

I'm also curious how long a Coach can blame injuries and other excuses for his "bad luck".  Seems every year Gase has been a Head Coach, his teams have been ravaged by injuries.  At what point is it Gase, not luck?  

Leaves the impression that if hes not great he sucks as badly as all the critics claim.  

An Offensive-minded play-calling Head Coach who produces the worst offense in the NFL, after putting up three previous bottom-of-NFL offenses, and three strait losing seasons, does, IMO, suck.  

• Upvote 4

Really makes you think

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We'll revisit that in a few years, see if you're right.

Im meh on Gase, I just find how triggering he is amusing.

I also think Mac was the biggest issue this year as the talent and team construction is poor

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

An honest look shows only one thing a complete failure on the off side if the ball.

Get real man.

So you thought, with the injuries especially, this was a better than 7-9 team.

Gotcha, I need to get real.  

• Thumb Down 1

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You can't have it both ways, Product on the field was a reflection of overall talent. Talent wasn't there but they beat teams with more talent?

Actually I can.  Forgetting about the fact that the defense was the reason they won and the offense was 31st in the league. 

Let’s even put that aside.  There’s simply no reason it can’t be both - Just because the talent is terrible doesn’t make the coach good.  I’ve watched enough football to know the real deal from a fraud.  Gase is a fraud and it’s completely obvious.....

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Actually I can.  Forgetting about the fact that the defense was the reason they won and the offense was 31st in the league. 

Let’s even put that aside.  There’s simply no reason it can’t be both - Just because the talent is terrible doesn’t make the coach good.  I’ve watched enough football to know the real deal from a fraud.  Gase is a fraud and it’s completely obvious.....

If you believe that than what's the point of watching the team in 2020? Gase is the coach, your absolutely sure he sucks & will fail so watching them would be a complete waste of time. Move on & come back after he's fired which your sure will happen eventually. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Lol so he won’t be dead, he’ll just be on life support!

FREAKING STUPENDOUS NEWS GUYS.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That fair, to be honest.

SAR certainly thinks he is/was great today/this season.

So when can fans expect/demand he be great, or at least materially above average?  Not 2019, clearly.  Not 2020?  Is 2021 ok?  Top 10 Offense and 10 wins by 2021 or we can be allowed to say he sucks?

I'm also curious how long a Coach can blame injuries and other excuses for his "bad luck".  Seems every year Gase has been a Head Coach, his teams have been ravaged by injuries.  At what point is it Gase, not luck?  

An Offensive-minded play-calling Head Coach who produces the worst offense in the NFL, after putting up three previous bottom-of-NFL offenses, and three strait losing seasons, does, IMO, suck.  

LOL, I was going to say outside of SAR

Why not wait until he has a better roster?  A full season with "his players"?  I mean, was Shanahan a winning HC, a great HC with little talent?  Anyone?  Just has to be our guy for some unknown reason?  I've never said hes great or will be great.  I can hope though and am realistic enough to know no one was going to be great with this team, having as many holes in the roster as we have.  

The OL, Edge, CB & WR positions are all lacking.  Add in every starting LB was out.  Have to be realistic.  Doesn't make me a "huge Gase fan" or whatever over the top criticism that anyone who preaches a little patience gets thrown their way.  I'd ask you, given a 2nd year QB, missing 4 games, playing who knows how many games with mono, that OL, those WRs and we should have expected what, 9 wins?  A top 10 offense?  

I'm not going anywhere near blaming Gase for the injuries.  I have no idea what a HC does that makes him a coach responsible for players getting hurt.  

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Be honest, this is pure BS.

You tore him to shreds before watching him coach a single practice or game with the Jets.  Predicted the team and players would all hate him.  Called him a fraud in February .  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually, you have to take an honest look at the talent on the field.

A lot more complicated than just screaming "Gase SUCKS", like you do at every turn.

It’s actually “Gase Stinks” - and it’s true.  

Btw..I’m not suggesting you don’t have to take the talent into account - I get it, which is why I’m not even judging on the losing record.  But his offense was just downright awful, predicable and quite often completely non-competitive.  

This is an offensive minded HC that has consistently put up the worst offenses in the NFL for four straight years now and have gotten worse each year.  

I just don’t know how anyone can justify that.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s actually “Gase Stinks” - and it’s true.  

Btw..I’m not suggesting you don’t have to take the talent into account - I get it, which is why I’m not even judging on the losing record.  But his offense was just downright awful, predicable and quite often completely non-competitive.  

This is an offensive minded HC that has consistently put up the worst offenses in the NFL for four straight years now and have gotten worse each year.  

I just don’t know how anyone can justify that.

The offensive talent on this team was downright awful, at best.  

I get the thought.  Osweiller, Cutler off his couch, Fales.  Should have put up consistently top flight offenses.  

Anyone else would have.  If not, you are outed as a fraud ?

• Thumb Down 1