Jamal Adams would do anything to give himself a shower

33 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They would of gave us the same amount of wins so sure.

Oh boy you are in for a surprise!

That is stupid as all hell. You ant to let him walk for nothing? Okay.

If his contract is up, what are they gonna do, put him in handcuffs ??? Either you trade him NOW and get a proven top tier offensive lineman in trade, or you keep him for one more season and get the benefit of his good play for one more year before he walks for more money than the Jets are willing to pay.   They could also consider extending him now with a backloaded contract... 

• WTF? 1

Just now, THE BARON said:

If his contract is up, what are they gonna do, put him in handcuffs ??? Either you trade him NOW and get a proven top tier offensive lineman in trade, or you keep him for one more season and get the benefit of his good play for one more year before he walks for more money than the Jets are willing to pay.   They could also consider extending him now with a backloaded contract... 

That’s literally what I’m telling you. Trade him now. 

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I admitted to living off deer at one point in my life to provide for me and my mother. Only thing I said about ramen noodles is I know how to hook them up really nicely. 

Politely, for the last time, go away. I don’t need your phony help, you don’t know me, stop pressing things you think you know about my personal life.

Goodbye 

You've chosen to ignore content by Patriot Killa

Image result for jamal adams gifs

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s literally what I’m telling you. Trade him now. 

Yeah, but dont trade him *unless* it is for a high caliber offensive lineman.  Every other position is a luxury at this point.  NOTHING needs to get done until that line is fixed.  

If you get a first rounder pick for him, that pick may or may not work out.  If it was any other team with varied needs, I would say, yeah, take the first round pick for him, but when you need 5 offensive lineman and the life of your brand new QB depends on it, you dont f*** around at the crap table... 

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Yeah, but dont trade him *unless* it is for a high caliber offensive lineman.  Every other position is a luxury at this point.  NOTHING needs to get done until that line is fixed.  

If you get a first rounder pick for him, that pick may or may not work out.  If it was any other team with varied needs, I would say, yeah, take the first round pick for him, but when you need 5 offensive lineman and the life of your brand new QB depends on it, you dont f*** around at the crap table... 

I disagree, if JD is worth his marbles, he’ll do well with the picks. I’ll take a 1st rounder and 2nd or 3rd next year.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This doesn’t deserve its own thread and it will eventually be locked but I’m in a giving mood today.

Jet fan twitter users all are well aware of Michael Nania, he’s a regular guy like us, he posts a ton of Jet graphic stats, clips, ect. I especially like how Jamal Adams found a post from an average joe and gave himself a confidence booster along with a quick marketing grab. 

This guy is an egotistical maniac. It’s no secret anymore, he’s turned one of his biggest supporters(yours truly) into a T0M Shane supporter with his phony team first babble. The Pro Bowl is coming on and I hope Jerry Jones is watching. Jet fans with an emotional attachment to this clown and who defend him like they would their child.....shame...shame on you.

So Alex Smith is faster than Fournette?

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I disagree, if JD is worth his marbles, he’ll do well with the picks. I’ll take a 1st rounder and 2nd or 3rd next year.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Even the best of the GM's is playing a game of craps when it comes to the draft.  I don't think you realize the nature of the crisis that the Jets are facing.  Needing five offensive lineman while a second year QB is still learning the position ??? You are pretty much looking at a five alarm fire.  It will take tremendous focus on that task in order to avoid another losing season and perhaps a dead QB.  You cant hang your hat on the draft to fix this problem.  Adams has to be traded for a deal that included an offensive lineman of note, or not traded at all.  It is not conventional to think that way, but the Jets are really in a bad spot.

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Even the best of the GM's is playing a game of craps when it comes to the draft.  I don't think you realize the nature of the crisis that the Jets are facing.  Needing five offensive lineman while a second year QB is still learning the position ??? You are pretty much looking at a five alarm fire.  It will take tremendous focus on that task in order to avoid another losing season and perhaps a dead QB.  You cant hang your hat on the draft to fix this problem.  Adams has to be traded for a deal that included an offensive lineman of note, or not traded at all.  It is not conventional to think that way, but the Jets are really in a bad spot.

So keep the safety for absolutely no reason?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’ll be out of the league within two years

He’ll never make a Pro Bowl unless he buys a ticket to the game

He made All-Pro but was only 2nd team. He’ll never make 1st team 

yEaH bUt OuR cAp ReSoUrceS!

It’s been fun to watch. The meltdown when Douglas extends him will be epic. 

If Douglas doesn't trade him, he can either extend him or just exercise the 5th year option if he is still unsure whether to break the bank for a strong safety.  If he's staying, then might as well extend him.  5th year option does nothing to help the Jets in the long run.

So you really think Joe D will make him the highest paid safety in the NFL with a sizeable chunk of salary cap for that position?  There are plenty of negative implications from it as well as from trading him. There's no perfect solution for it.  Can't change the relative value of Adams' position and can't deny he's good at it.  Cheapest way to keep him another season is 5th year option, but all that money hits the cap in 2021 and then you are back to square one about whether to pay him beyond 2021.  Extending him would cost more in cash but less in cap hit for 2021 since any bonus gets spread.  Lots of options.  But he is still a safety.  Hopefully one day we'll be talking about paying Sam and his stable of MVP WRs and OL.  I would hate to see the economics of the safety position interfere with that.

57 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Hes an excellent strong safety. 

Too bad that's pretty much meaningless. 

So yay, us...?

• Sympathy 1

It's Pro Bowl week.  What we really need is wall-to-wall coverage of Jamal's week in Hawaii as the sole representative of the Jets.  Who wants to start it?

What did Jamal eat for breakfast today?

How was Jamal's Pro Bowl practice?

When will Jamal be tackling another mascot?

We need 24/7 coverage of All Pro Jamal Adams pinned to the top of the board through the Pro Bowl.  We can just bump it again next year when he's in that game too.

2c013a24b9e353d8c4f91f1c14c5de51.jpg.7b0ed4de1f8f866854ddfb3f0eddfe59.jpg

:P

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, because the front office paying guys they drafted and have played at all pro levels have been the Jets problem.

You really wrote that. ?

What we paid Revis and Sanchez were indeed big problems.  Salary cap consequences of Adams will matter.  Stop pretending it doesn't.  The economics will ALWAYS be an issue, particularly for the lesser positions like Safety. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

What we paid Revis and Sanchez were indeed big problems.  

Revis was an all time great who also got paid by the Patriots, where he won a championship.

Mark Sanchez was a bust, not an all pro-anything. 

What's even more ridiculous about the Sanchez comment is that if Darnold played like an Adams...an All Pro, you'd be right in line to resign him.

This makes no sense 

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

It really will 

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It's Pro Bowl week.  What we really need is wall-to-wall coverage of Jamal's week in Hawaii as the sole representative of the Jets.  Who wants to start it?

What did Jamal eat for breakfast today?

How was Jamal's Pro Bowl practice?

When will Jamal be tackling another mascot?

We need 24/7 coverage of All Pro Jamal Adams pinned to the top of the board through the Pro Bowl.  We can just bump it again next year when he's in that game too.

2c013a24b9e353d8c4f91f1c14c5de51.jpg.7b0ed4de1f8f866854ddfb3f0eddfe59.jpg

:P

JAMAL ADAMS PRO-BOWL 2020 NY JETS 

• Post of the Week 1