Rumor: Lions trying to trade Stafford

Augustiniak

12 hours ago, nycdan said:

When the carousel stops, there are going to be some QBs who started this past season that are not starting next year.  It will be interesting to see how this all pans out but I don't see how this many vets can find new homes in the same season.  Brady, Rivers, Prescott, Stafford, Carr, Dalton, Tannehill, Winston, maybe Newton (and Brees but he isn't going anywhere).  Then you have Mariota and Bridgewater in the wings.  And a slight possibility that Alex Smith tries to come back.  Most of them may just rotate around in a circle, but Burrow and Herbert are going to take away two spots (not sure about Tua yet) so some of them are going to be unhappy when the music stops.

Remember the QB shortage?  They fixed it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

On another note even though I mention the QB contracts becoming absurd I hope they get every cent they can from the owners because what the NFL charges top to bottom is even more absurd, and the owners are making the money so the players deserve their cut.  The players are finally starting to play the business side of the game much better, they still don’t have enough players employed in the league who are financially set to have enough leverage at the table, but they have come a long way from the last CBA, it’s only a matter of time before the NFL’s success gets so big financially that the players will have some leverage with personal finance with the league having to pay more to the average player as salary cap increases, and they continue to not want to give it to the mid tier QB’s instead.

The players pot on each team is the same. You give to one player you take it away from someone else. 

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Some girl giving him the high school kissing disease doesn’t show lack of responsibility and commitment

On and off the field commitment and responsibility to the organization and teammates is key in the NFL today. social media has changed the entire face of the players and the league. 

Sam Darnold needs to make the right decisions on and off the field if he's going to be successful here. 

Thats the bottom line. 

@slats  really dude negative rep. Thanks 

• Thumb Down 4

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Drama dude @Jet Nut  thats you. 

You argue with everyone you are a miserable human being. 

Goodbye 

You've chosen to ignore content by Jet Nut.

Yes I am.

Im miserable

Starting arguments over nothing, continue when told youre not arguing.

Then calling me the drama queen.  

Bye.  For now

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

On and off the field commitment and responsibility to the organization and teammates is key in the NFL today. social media has changed the entire face of the players and the league. 

Sam Darnold needs to make the right decisions on and off the field if he's going to be successful here. 

Thats the bottom line. 

So he's not allowed to have a gf or kiss girls? You sound so stupid. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/13/2020 at 10:47 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Some girl giving him the high school kissing disease doesn’t show lack of responsibility and commitment. 

If there’s some leak that he’s not studying film, not working hard, and not taking his position as the starting QB seriously, that’d be one thing. Except there isn’t, and there’ll be no actual competition for the job no matter who they bring in, so it’s a waste and that $ is better spent on starters around him on the field. By far. 

If he’s not improved this year then look to a pricier veteran as he enters his final rookie contract year. But now? They’re not serious SB contenders (and probably not even serious playoff contenders) unless he makes a giant leap forward, and they certainly aren’t contenders with some upper-level backup stepping in after Darnold’s screwed up and lost a few games they should have won. There’s no season-saving logic there, unless you believe there’s an actual chance Gase would start the season with a healthy Darnold on the bench.

Sign another Siemian/Moore type at $1-3MM and draft a QB3 in round 6 if there’s someone there who can hit a moving target from 15 yards away. Or bring back freaking Sanchez as a vet minimum QB3 for all I care. But signing a Dalton type to more $ than Darnold makes is a total waste. 

Yeah, isn't this the typical over the top nonsense about responsibility, commitment or whatever else you can heap on a 22 year old when youre a fan?

Theres no proof, anyway to be proven that he caught it from kissing someone.  Thats plain lunacy.  Even more so when you think, so what.  How many girls has anyone here kissed.  Did he sleep with someone, was it someone who he would have a clue would transmit mono to him?  And why would anyone kiss someone who had mono, that would be all the things said and more, it would make Sam a friggen moron and an idiot. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So he's not allowed to have a gf or kiss girls? You sound so stupid. 

Never said that. 

My childrens friends see him all the time  in Morristown out and about at the bars all hours mingling with the younger girl crowd. 

We drafted him and are paying to win football games. 

Starting NFL QB make  better decisions thats all.....................

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats the bottom line. 

Who writes this nonsense?

Commitment and responsibility?  

How would anyone know the girl hes with will give him mono?  What nonsense.

Shlt, he may have gotten it from kissing a girl?  How childish, how can you lack responsibly  and commitment to this level?  Don't kiss anyone, don't be a man, forget dating, youre a JET.  

And again, for the uninformed, you don't only get mono from kissing.

Can anyone be this, you know

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who writes this nonsense?

Commitment and responsibility?  

How would anyone know the girl hes with will give him mono?  What nonsense.

Shlt, he may have gotten it from kissing a girl?  How childish, how can you lack responsibly  and commitment to this level?  Don't kiss anyone, don't be a man, forget dating, youre a JET.  

And again, for the uninformed, you don't only get mono from kissing.

Can anyone be this, you know

Good morning you grumpy old bastard. 

It's called the kissing disease for a reason. 

How did you enjoy watching Luke Falk last season lose us 4 games because of Sam Darnold. 

You probably enjoyed it. 

Sunshine is @Jet Nut  the daily ray of happiness and meaningful conversation on a football message. 

Amen

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Never said that. 

My childrens friends see him all the time  in Morristown out and about at the bars all hours mingling with the younger girl crowd. 

Starting NFL QB better decisions thats all.....................

So QBs cant go out?

Its been reported that when hes out he calls a car and is out before midnight

How dare he act like a guy, blow off some steam and enjoy himself.

Grandpa Joe says N O

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Good morning you grumpy old bastard. 

How did you enjoy watching Luke Falk last season lose us 4 games because of Sam Darnold. 

You probably enjoyed it. 

Sunshine is @Jet Nut  the daily ray of happiness and meaningful conversation on a football message. 

Amen

Grumpy?

Im not telling a kid he cant date.  That he cant go out to a bar or out for dinner.

Im talking Sam Darnold.   Being a guy

I don't care about Luke Falk of practice squad fame

Really is bizarre that you keep bringing him up.  A payer not on the 175 player roster. 

On 2/13/2020 at 8:09 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

The Bengals are trying to trade Dalton as well.

The QB carousel this offseason is going to be by far the most interesting in NFL history.  Nothing like this has ever happened before.

Agreed. We have the big boys, long time starters in the mix this season. Brady, Rivers Stafford and even guys like Dalton Winston, Bridgewater, Tannehil and Mariota are to be floating around. All with a deep QB class. It's gonna be anarchy! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So QBs cant go out?

Its been reported that when hes out he calls a car and is out before midnight

How dare he act like a guy, blow off some steam and enjoy himself.

Grandpa Joe says N O

You have no clue about anything. 

You just argue and defend the obvious all the damn time. 

I told you my childrens friends see him out about, they work in Florham Park and Morristown. 

Sunshine @Jet Nut knows it all and argues everything discussed on this message board. 

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

The players pot on each team is the same. You give to one player you take it away from someone else. 

Yes if you see my other post I’m under the opinion the NFL will somehow offset the QB’s salary in the cap in the next CBA somehow.

• Upvote 2

Grumpy?

Im not telling a kid he cant date.  That he cant go out to a bar or out for dinner.

Im talking Sam Darnold.   Being a guy

I don't care about Luke Falk of practice squad fame

Really is bizarre that you keep bringing him up.  A payer not on the 175 player roster. 

Luke Falk was a disaster here caused by JD and Sam Darnold thats why. FACT CHECK 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You have no clue about anything. 

You just argue and defend the obvious all the damn time. 

I told you my childrens friends see him out about, they work in Florham Park and Morristown. 

Sunshine @Jet Nut knows it all and argues everything discussed on this message board. 

One last time.  No ones arguing.

Other than you.

He a human being, hes allowed to go out.

If its so bad, ask your children friends what and why they're out in the same places Darnold is spending time.  Who the hell are your kids hanging around.

I have no clue about anything?  Im not the one defending the idiotic notion that young men shouldn't go out at reasonable hours to enjoy themselves because some grouchy old man finds that it makes him uncommitted and that he lacks responsibility.

Stick to that argument.

Along with the one where you only get mono by kissing.

Because Im clueless 

Keep arguing.

One last time.  No ones arguing.

Other than you.

He a human being, hes allowed to go out.

If its so bad, ask your children friends what and why they're out in the same places Darnold is spending time.  Who the hell are your kids hanging around.

I have no clue about anything?  Im not the one defending the idiotic notion that young men shouldn't go out at reasonable hours to enjoy themselves because some grouchy old man finds that it makes him uncommitted and that he lacks responsibility.

Stick to that argument.

Along with the one where you only get mono by kissing.

Because Im clueless 

Keep arguing.

Theres no argument I thought................

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes if you see my other post I’m under the opinion the NFL will somehow offset the QB’s salary in the cap in the next CBA somehow.

I was saying this earlier too.

I also think they'll address QB salaries and the issues it causes.  They have to somehow offset the hit to the cap.  

You cant continue to punish teams that do their jobs in finding & developing QBs by limiting their cap 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats the bottom line. 

I'm just glad it's just your kids' friends seeing Sam out doing no good, and not your actual children getting caught up in his sinning ways!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I'm just glad it's just your kids' friends seeing Sam out doing no good, and not your actual children getting caught up in his sinning ways!  

My children are fine both college graduates working in great careers making fantastic money, both in serious relationships with their respective boyfriends and girlfriends. 

They too are out there in the bars with others, no one is perfect. 

Thanks for the concern, hope you're children are doing ok too and not sinning it up, the world is an evil place. 

My point is you just don't get it or seem to not want to get it.

NFL QB being paid a lot of money to act responsibly and for the best of the organization and teammates not being a bar fly or a lounge lizard until all hours of the morning getting sick.

He cost us 5 games in 2019. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Never said that. 

Starting NFL QB make  better decisions thats all.....................

Yeah i guess f*cking swimsuit models and cheating on his pregnant ex wife really held Brady back. It really held Namath back.  Roethlisberger was raping chicks and is an alcoholic,  he seemed to be able to still win.  There are stories about Peyton Manning having an open relationship with his wife and f*cking anything that moved.  That never held him back. Josh Allen won 10 games this year and he's by Darnolds side so much I almost think Darnold got mono from him. Stop being a prude or go root for an Amish football team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Yeah i guess f*cking swimsuit models and cheating on his pregnant ex wife really held Brady back. It really held Namath back.  Roethlisberger was raping chicks and is an alcoholic,  he seemed to be able to still win.  There are stories about Peyton Manning having an open relationship with his wife and f*cking anything that moved.  That never held him back. Josh Allen won 10 games this year and he's by Darnolds side so much I almost think Darnold got mono from him. Stop being a prude or go root for an Amish football team. 

Mono 0 lost games Sam Darnold 5 lost games. 

Joe Namath and others could burn the candle at both ends pretty boy USC QB obviously cannot handle the women here in the N.J area.

No prude here dude from it.  

Don't tell me who to root for. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, isn't this the typical over the top nonsense about responsibility, commitment or whatever else you can heap on a 22 year old when youre a fan?

Theres no proof, anyway to be proven that he caught it from kissing someone.  Thats plain lunacy.  Even more so when you thing so what.  How many girls has anyone here kissed.  Did he sleep with someone, was it someone who he would have a clue would transmit mono to him.  And why would anyone kiss. someone who had mono, that would be all the things said and more, it would make Sam a friggen moron and an idiot. 

Really. He got mono from a carrier, not the clap from a hooker. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats the bottom line. 

@slats  really dude negative rep. Thanks 

Do you blame people for contracting the flu? It makes about as much sense, unless there's a video circulating of the girl saying, "Hey I told him I had mono and he said he didn't care."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Really. He got mono from a carrier, not the clap from a hooker. 

And lets not forget, solid 22 year old millionaires should never, ever go out, try and get some.  

if that even happened

But hey, call the guy out, tear him up and call him whatever nonsense he called Sam. 

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

My point is you just don't get it or seem to not want to get it.

NFL QB being paid a lot of money to act responsibly and for the best of the organization and teammates not being a bar fly or a lounge lizard until all hours of the morning getting sick.

He cost us 5 games in 2019. 

Your ability to double-down on absolute nonsense is unparalleled. 

Sam Darnold did not seek a contagious disease last year. There's no way at looking at someone and being able to tell whether or not they have mono - if that's actually the way he contracted it (there are other ways, you know, doctor). If I had $30M at 21, I'd've been dead at 22. Would've been a great run, but it would ended in a blaze of glory. You show me some evidence that this kid isn't working hard, and I'll engage you further. This is just plain dumb. The kid worked hard to be the third pick in the draft, works hard to this day, and gets to go out and enjoy himself once in a while without any judgement from me. How many players do you think have herpes? And that's **** you can see. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, slats said:

Your ability to double-down on absolute nonsense is unparalleled. 

Sam Darnold did not seek a contagious disease last year. There's no way at looking at someone and being able to tell whether or not they have mono - if that's actually the way he contracted it (there are other ways, you know, doctor). If I had $30M at 21, I'd've been dead at 22. Would've been a great run, but it would ended in a blaze of glory. You show me some evidence that this kid isn't working hard, and I'll engage you further. This is just plain dumb. The kid worked hard to be the third pick in the draft, works hard to this day, and gets to go out and enjoy himself once in a while without any judgement from me. How many players do you think have herpes? And that's **** you can see. 

Double down? 

Im pretty point forward initially and stick to my guns on most if not all statements I make here. 

I have my opinions and you yours and others theres. 

It is perfect football message board banter. 

We all cant agree.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Double down? 

Im pretty point forward initially and stick to my guns on most if not all statements I make here. 

I have my opinions and you yours and others theres. 

It is perfect football message board banter. 

We all cant agree.

It's not banter,  you're trolling.