Rumor: Lions trying to trade Stafford

Augustiniak

On 2/13/2020 at 11:04 AM, PepPep said:

Could this be a rumor started by the Lions so that Miami feels like they NEED to trade up for Tua? We're going to hear so many rumors and speculation flying around in the next couple of months it will make your head spin. Take it with a grain of salt. 

I’m pretty sure there’s truth to it.  Stafford is done.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, slats said:

Your ability to double-down on absolute nonsense is unparalleled. 

Sam Darnold did not seek a contagious disease last year. There's no way at looking at someone and being able to tell whether or not they have mono - if that's actually the way he contracted it (there are other ways, you know, doctor). If I had $30M at 21, I'd've been dead at 22. Would've been a great run, but it would ended in a blaze of glory. You show me some evidence that this kid isn't working hard, and I'll engage you further. This is just plain dumb. The kid worked hard to be the third pick in the draft, works hard to this day, and gets to go out and enjoy himself once in a while without any judgement from me. How many players do you think have herpes? And that's **** you can see. 

The difference is you can still play with herpes. (Or so I hear).

I hate to say it but Old Man Yelling at Cloud actually has a point here. Intentional or not Darnold cost the team at least 5 games. Hard to say it's excusable due to commonality when he's the only guy this has happened to. Pretty stupid sh*t to have wreck a season if we're all being honest.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:05 AM, joewilly12 said:

On and off the field commitment and responsibility to the organization and teammates is key in the NFL today. social media has changed the entire face of the players and the league. 

Sam Darnold needs to make the right decisions on and off the field if he's going to be successful here. 

Thats the bottom line. 

@slats  really dude negative rep. Thanks 

neg repped for complaining about neg rep

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I hate to say it but Old Man Yelling at Cloud actually has a point here. Intentional or not Darnold cost the team at least 5 games. Hard to say it's excusable due to commonality when he's the only guy this has happened to. Pretty stupid sh*t to have wreck a season if we're all being honest.

That said, it’s pretty difficult to come up with a reasonable way to prevent it. Just one of those SOJ tales of lore. @joewilly12 would seem to want his QB to be more celibate than his priest. It’s just not reasonable. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Huh? This is some backwards logic. Him being the one guy this has happened to doesn't exactly strengthen the argument so much as point to the fact that this was a freak occurrence and not something anybody could reasonably see coming. If he wasn't the only guy this has happened to, that would make it more excusable?

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't be a manslut is unreasonable?

None of us know if he didn't contract it from a ****ing straw. 

If you gave me $30M at 21, I'd've contracted every disease under the sun within weeks and would now have a bionic penis. That's the bar I judge Sam by. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, want to make some more baseless claims. 

It wasn’t a baseless claim. I have no idea if they want to or not but that would be the reason they would if they did.
I would rather have Stafford as the starting QB, they’re a SB team with him as the starter. He’s obviously better then Tanny. 

31 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It wasn’t a baseless claim. I have no idea if they want to or not but that would be the reason they would if they did.
I would rather have Stafford as the starting QB, they’re a SB team with him as the starter. He’s obviously better then Tanny. 

Oh, so now maybe they do and maybe they don't believe in Tanny? So basically your  first post was based on no facts as I thought and you were just talking out of your behind. 

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

His point was it was due to him not acting responsibly by contracting mono in the first place.

If you can identify which girls are carrying mono - a person can have it and be asymptomatic for over a month, while some never develop severe symptoms at all - and identify them while asymptomatic, the way Charles Xavier finds mutants using Cerebro, then you should donate such expertise to local high schools instead of selfishly keeping it to yourself.

It was totally ridiculous for him to get it -- we all had our WTF moments at the time. But it's also just bad luck. He's hardly the only single 21-22 year old to kiss a girl. "Stupid" wouldn't enter my mind, for something unforseen while doing what literally every unmarried player does, any more than an injury on the field.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

His point was it was due to him not acting responsibly by contracting mono in the first place.

If you can identify which girls are carrying mono - a person can have it and be asymptomatic for over a month, while some never develop severe symptoms at all - and identify them while asymptomatic, the way Charles Xavier finds mutants using Cerebro, then you should donate such expertise to local high schools instead of selfishly keeping it to yourself.

It was totally ridiculous for him to get it -- we all had our WTF moments at the time. But it's also just bad luck. He's hardly the only single 21-22 year old to kiss a girl. "Stupid" wouldn't enter my mind, for something unforseen while doing what literally every unmarried player does, any more than an injury on the field.

Just a side note, you can contract Mono without kissing someone as I did when I got from my daughter. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, so now maybe they do and maybe they don't believe in Tanny? So basically your  first post was based on no facts as I thought and you were just talking out of your behind. 

No I was saying where Stafford would be a good fit. It has nothing to do with what the Titans are thinking. There’s zero chance if anyone outside of their top guys knowing this. 
My original post is correct. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

No I was saying where Stafford would be a good fit. It has nothing to do with what the Titans are thinking. There’s zero chance if anyone outside of their top guys knowing this. 
My original post is correct. 

Because they don’t believe in Tanny??

That is what you posted. 

You insinuated they don't  believe in Tanny. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Because they don’t believe in Tanny??

That is what you posted. 

You insinuated they don't  believe in Tanny. 

My original post said Stafford would be a good fit in Tennessee which he would. My response to you was more of a I don’t know but if they did that would be the reason obviously. 
I can’t shrug my shoulders and put my hands up in a post unless you see it on an IPhone. ??‍♂️ 

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

My original post said Stafford would be a good fit in Tennessee which he would. My response to you was more of a I don’t know but if they did that would be the reason obviously. 
I can’t shrug my shoulders and put my hands up in a post unless you see it on an IPhone. ??‍♂️ 

Im talking about your  op to me. My God, are you really this dense?

I mean I actually copied and pasted it. Did you really not know which post I was referring to?

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Im talking about your  op to me. My God, are you really this dense?

I mean I actually copied and pasted it. Did you really not know which post I was referring to?

You’re post was a response to my original post so obviously my original post is part of it. Do you need a hug or something?