Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

Seattle began Thursday the way it began Wednesday, Tuesday, the week, the month—heck, the offseason: waiting for Clowneyto decide if he wants to stay or go. The three-time Pro Bowl edge rusher has been weighing offers from multiple teams, believed to include the New York Jets and Tennessee Titans, in addition to the Seahawks.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mayock is saying that Robby is still a RFA,

Huh?  Isn't he unrestricted?

And I agree with this...

As far as Robby Anderson, the #Raiders liked him but decided to focus on defense in FA. As Mayock said, there are 25 or so WRs in the draft with a top-3 round grade.

Just now, Jets4Life1979 said:

REPORT: #Seahawks, #Jets and #Titans all have offers out for Jadeveon Clowney (The Seattle Times).

If this is true, and we give Clowney a huge deal, I can honestly say I have no idea which direction Douglas is going here, or what his plan is.

On the one hand, cutting corners and bargain shopping the OL, then splurging on a polarizing player like Clowney. It just doesn't seem compatible.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

Appropriate allocation of funds. A top EDGE player rather than an average RT. And understanding that there is OL depth in the draft but EDGE players are lacking. This draft has 3 strong positions OT, WR and CB. Douglas should put us in a spot to take those positions. Trying to get Clowney shows an understanding of where the talent is.

Honestly, if we don’t get Clowney there are other avenues for Douglas to work on this team but knowing that he wants Clowney makes me feel better about him as a “man with a plan“

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Clowney, and your point about fund allocation is valid, but flies in the face of all the stuff we've been hearing about him not looking to give huge contracts to FAs.

I'm not knocking Douglas here, I just can't get a handle on this guy, LOL

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Clowney, and your point about fund allocation is valid, but flies in the face of all the stuff we've been hearing about him not looking to give huge contracts to FAs.

I'm not knocking Douglas here, I just can't get a handle on this guy, LOL

I understand. Interest in Clowney is the first time I feel like I understand JD. The rumors that they didn’t love Fowler but are in deep on Clowney shows me something. I’m into it.

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

I would be curious to see what Greg Williams could do with a talent like Clowney and we have been in dire need of a premium edge player since Abraham left.

Clowney's just not a great pass rusher, though, and that's my major caveat. 

It's about the price at this point. We'll see. 

Your point about him not being a great pass rusher is one of my reasons for not understanding JD here.

I can just picture Jets fans about 10 games into the season watching their new 18 million dollar FA, going crazy over the fact he has 3 sacks.

Oh well, like you said, we'll see.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Your point about him not being a great pass rusher is one of my reasons for not understanding JD here.

I can just picture Jets fans about 10 games into the season watching their new 18 million dollar FA, going crazy over the fact he has 3 sacks.

Oh well, like you said, we'll see.

Me too.

Still willing to take the risk if the deal is fair enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

What is bargain shopping? From the sounds of it they weren't interested in Conklin. Conklin fits better on a power run team, not a team that wants to have quick offensive lineman who can pass block. Conklin is the opposite of that and has already had 2 knee injuries.

Glasgow got offered a ton of money and McGovern is the same caliber player for cheaper and they both have the same position flexibility. 

The Jets are rumored to be interested in every big money FA bc they do dumb sh*t year after year and spend an exorbitant amount of money that impacts the overall team very minimally. So "agents", not the Jets, float out the Jets interest in those big name players to try to drive prices up. Douglas is trying to put an end to that narrative.  Douglas has said consistently that they want the team to get younger and quicker on the offensive line.  The 3 linemen they signed are 27 or younger and very athletic. Finally the HC and GM are actually on the same page and not just doing sh*t to try to save their own asses. We should welcome that, not criticize it. 

Also, Clowney is a premium player at an impact position.  Those are the types of players you should splurge on bc you can rarely find them on the open market or in the draft. 

Good post choon. very good post.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1