Prediction: All major sporting events will be cancelled in 2020 (Update. MLB, NHL, NASCAR suspending, MLS, NCAA, XFL, Masters cancelled).

1 minute ago, genot said:

I know we aren't going to agree. MSNBC hopefully can get their numbers right as to how many are affected, and what hospitals in this country are filled to capacity. which is my barometer as whether to call this a health crisis.

Yeah, thats the difference.  Some people just want to be fed whatever information they can get.  Others are happy to seek out more accurate and up to date info.  

3 minutes ago, genot said:

I know we aren't going to agree. MSNBC hopefully can get their numbers right as to how many are affected, and what hospitals in this country are filled to capacity. which is my barometer as whether to call this a health crisis.

We all anxiously await your status update. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Yeah, thats the difference.  Some people just want to be fed whatever information they can get.  Others are happy to seek out more accurate and up to date info.  

You’re forgetting the other groups:

1.) those that know better - or deflect - regardless of the quality of info

2.) those smart enough to be able to infer that the inability to easily get accurate info is part of what makes it a crisis

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Let it go.  We aren’t going to agree. 

BTW, why are you relying on MSNBC for this type of news?  Look into medical news sources from around the world.  They have far more accurate and up to date information.  

Except for of course @greenwave81 a Dr. who you dismissed because you seem to know everything.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re forgetting the other groups:

1.) those that know better - or deflect - regardless of the quality of info

2.) those smart enough to be able to infer that the inability to easily get accurate info is part of what makes it a crisis

I don’t disagree, although I think they sort of fit into my 2 categories.  

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am not going to make this political if I can, but the last 2 appearances during national crisis looked and sounded less than presidential. That is strictly my opinion and I respect others may have a different feel.

It was a good move to partner with the retailers and lab companies that the administration did, and that has given me some hope that they are now being more expedient here.

I agree, but there was one huge difference yesterday. I spent my career on Wall St. on trading desks, so I watched these two conferences on CNBC to see the market reaction. Unfortunately, it was something we all became very familiar with during the financial crisis, with TV's between each of our desks. Wednesday was a huge down day, and the futures were way lower after the close, but rallied to only down 70 pts right before the President spoke at 9PM. Obviously, it was based on hope that he may propose a bunch of things that would calm nerves, and give us confidence that we were on the way to attacking this thing. After about 5 minutes, they started pounding the futures again, to down about 500 pts when he was finished. It was obviously not a good performance, and inspired nothing that we needed to see.

When he began yesterday, the market was up 900 pts. After 2-3 minutes, they sold the market off about 350 pts, and I, and many others were thinking "here they go again." Thankfully, he then turned it over to the female doctor, who is spearheading a huge part of the response. This was the major difference maker that wasn't present on Wednesday. She actually explained what steps are being taken, on many different levels, and basically gave an aura of competence, professionalism and the idea that we finally may have our sh*t together. We all saw the way the market reacted.

This isn't to say that the market is all wise, but to underscore what a huge difference it makes when you actually let good people, who know what they're doing, get out in front and do it. I just hope that this is the beginning of a huge change in philosophy, that it's ok to have competent people around to do what they are good at. We should all hope for that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Lol. Ok. Based on your accurate and up to date information, how many people are infected in this country with the corona-virus, and how many hospitals are overtaxed because of the amount of patients needing hospital care. Im anxiously awaiting to hear the real numbers

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Lol. Ok. Based on your accurate and up to date information, how many people are infected in this country with the corona-virus, and how many hospitals are overtaxed because of the amount of patients needing hospital care. Im anxiously awaiting to hear the real numbers

Why are you again relying on someone else to feed you information?  Get off your lazy butt and do it yourself.  You are already on the internet, the hard part is done.  

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I dismissed him because he gave inaccurate information, and made assumptions.  Someone who claims to be a doctor should know better.

What the hell is the difference in that, than some Senate doctor stating 150 million people here could be infected. Which was my original beef, and why i started posting about this.

I believe this to temporary, 2-4 weeks, maybe a couple months. It’s a very contagious flu virus. We do know 20,000-40,000 people die in the US from the regular flu annually. Which no one is talking about. While I think it’s prudent to take steps to minimize the spread of it everyone needs to put this in perspective. Emptying shelves in stores of hand sanitizer and toilet paper is just a sign of public panic and stupidity. Anyone who does not have chronic health problems like COPD, asthma, heart disease, etc. and gets it will have a flu and be OK. The vaccine will more than likely be in next years flu shot. Be smart, don’t panic and we’ll have sports back in 2 weeks to 2 months. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No offense, but you should not believe the numbers being reported by China. The country to pay closer attention to is Italy. 

The population of Italy is 61 million. 17, 000, have the virus. what percentage of the populace is that. S.Korea has a population of 51 million. 8,000 people have contracted the virus. Again, excuse me if i'm a little skepticle about the numbers of people here that will be infected.

4 minutes ago, genot said:

The population of Italy is 61 million. 17, 000, have the virus. what percentage of the populace is that. S.Korea has a population of 51 million. 8,000 people have contracted the virus. Again, excuse me if i'm a little skepticle about the numbers of people here that will be infected.

Its not over in those countries yet.  The numbers aren’t finalized.  Its been going on for a few months. Many are saying this could be going on for a year or more.  

30 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

We do know 20,000-40,000 people die in the US from the regular flu annually. Which no one is talking about.

People talk about this every single year when they tell you to get your absolutely free and readily available flu shot because 1) it works, and 2) herd immunity for those that can't.  But, too many people watch youtube and suddenly think they know better and/or have essential oils or crystals or some sh*t.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

That happened in China, two miles from their level four bio lab. Not in the US as the poster claimed.

Who was the poster who claimed it wasnt from China? I know it wasnt me.

Where it DIDNT come from was a level 4 bio lab 2 miles away. That was what I was pointing out before.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

They're asking the President directly if he takes responsibility for the slow deployment of testing kits. Fauci has said time and time again that it was a problem with the way the system was set up. years before Trump became president. The article you posted basically says the same thing. If you can't figure out what the agenda is, it's probably based on your own bias.

Chump is a babbling idiot. A baboon would have more clarity and act more presidential in press conferences. 

3746661A-4A22-4E58-90D2-12236381AE08.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Its not over in those countries yet.  The numbers aren’t finalized.  Its been going on for a few months. Many are saying this could be going on for a year or more.  

Don't hate on me because i'm troubled by numbers being thrown around about how many here will get this. When someone talks about millions and millions in this country getting infected, it's outrageously irresponsible. Like you said, the numbers aren't finalized, but when you look at that chart i posted, how can any responsible person talk in numbers of 80 million. 150, million. It's ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, genot said:

I was just getting ready to look up the same numbers.  I have been tracking that.  

Italy was 17.6K as of yesterday.  1266 had died.  The country is supposedly in complete lockdown now.  

For us to get to the same point in the US, over 95K Americans would get infected, and almost 7K would die.  That is alot, but not nearly what the flu is.   

The US has 2500 cases and there is miscellaneous panic.  Cities and offices are shutting down . When the US gets to 17.6K cases there will be mass shutdown.  We will be there by Monday or so.  We will lockdown before Italy did, relative to our population size. 

But as far as the 100mm infected/10mm dying, I am having a tough time seeing that. 

The best thing we can all do is stay at home as much as possible for the next two weeks.   Go through your freezers and clean your closets.  

The NFL should start testing people, isolate the players and be able to play games, without spectators if necessary.  We will need something to watch, and TV is where the money is.  They and the other sports should be able to figure it out.  

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Chump is a babbling idiot. A baboon would have more clarity and act more presidential in press conferences. 

3746661A-4A22-4E58-90D2-12236381AE08.jpeg

I'm not talking about press conferences Wonderboy. And i'm not talking politics.

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Don't hate on me because i'm troubled by numbers being thrown around about how many here will get this. When someone talks about millions and millions in this country getting infected, it's outrageously irresponsible. Like you said, the numbers aren't finalized, but when you look at that chart i posted, how can any responsible person talk in numbers of 80 million. 150, million. It's ridiculous.

Im quite sure you already know this, but those high end estimates are "worst case scenerio" numbers.

Its not written in stone.