Sean Payton Tests Positive

39 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

How is it that all these sports personalities are getting tested before everyone else?

Doesn't anybody wonder about that?

That's not true everywhere. I can hop in my truck right now and I have a choice of 6 drive-thru testing sites within a 20 mile radius.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

The Coronas should be wearing the masks, in this image the other beers are doing nothing to help themselves. 

That is the BS they're telling you due to the shortage of N95 mask. The TRUTH is we all need them. I'm glad I have enough of them from my own personal home improvement jobs to go to the crowded grocery stores with. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

How is it that all these sports personalities are getting tested before everyone else?

Doesn't anybody wonder about that?

It's not fair and sadly the same reason most of first class survived the Titanic sinking

They have the ability to pay top dollar for tests -I think it's actually doing some good to understand how many people are infected with mild or no symptoms - evidence that the numbers are way off

If Sean Payton had one of our jobs, he would probably not have been tested and would still be working (probably spreading the virus)  - this is why we can't let overreactions and panic win - focus should be on testing and finding a way to help fight the virus (like Tamiflu)

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

I understand that, Just suggesting that the undercounting would need to be extreme for this to be ok

In Italy, over 22% of the population is over 65 and due to a lack of hospital beds It was reported that people over 80 with the virus are not getting treatment (left to die) A combination of undercounting people with the virus and not being able or willing to help critically ill (along with questionable decision making) skew the numbers

I agree that the main benefit to "flatten the curve" is to provide more time to treat the critically ill - if anyone should be quarantined it should be the people most in danger (I just struggle to see how shutting down the economy helps anyone)

Stay strong Jet fans - I have probably crossed the political line on this thread so will just apologise and chill - peace

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Oh January 6th - the World Health Organization had a chance to contain this and now we are just wasting time and money - The Cure is worse than the Disease

This virus will run its course regardless of the insane actions being taken by clueless governments around the world - the healthy millionaires with "private" access to the tests prove the fatality numbers are overstated 

I take my chances with COVID-19 vs another Great Depression - the sooner we get this and our bodies develop antibodies the sooner we can get back to normal

It will run its course yes but if you don’t delay and spread out the cases the numbers overwhelm the ability to take care of the patients. Italy is overwhelmed and people are dying that might not have. This is just trying to save lives. The economy will rebound but it would be nice if we don’t lose friends and family that could have been saved by having enough beds and ventilators. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've read that it's usually about a week for healthy people. Obviously longer for people with complications. This thing will be over by summer.

Florida Spring Break. These are from today. These kids will then fly back to where they came from.

This will not be over by Summer.

image.png.f9d1bcc97897e4abedd9e2b222ed1a3d.png

image.png.fa28a20df3461091e91a64aa147ef8e4.png

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I wish I lived in the Land of Enchantment too! 

It's a beautiful state even though most people think we are a third world country or not even a state at all. Been out here going on 6 years now and I love it.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Florida Spring Break. These are from today. This will not be over by Summer.

image.png.f9d1bcc97897e4abedd9e2b222ed1a3d.png

image.png.fa28a20df3461091e91a64aa147ef8e4.png

TBH Most grocery stores are worse than this right now with the density of people.  

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

It's going to take a lot to get the NFL owners off their spot.  We're nowhere near a season cancellation yet...

Of course not. Nevertheless.....  Already told them (Jets) that I am not buying tickets this year. Season on or season off, doesn't matter. Not sitting with tens of thousands this fall.  I'll be back in 2021 if all goes well.   The owners have to realize that many people are going to say NFW.  

It will give the Jets incentive to draft better, coach better (Gase sucks so far) and play harder.   maybe.   Right now, the Jets are not worth my breathing space. 

4 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Our professional soccer and Aussie rules leagues are still going, just with no spectators in attendance. There would have been 90,000 people at the game last night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/this-is-weird-footy-world-reacts-to-eerie-new-reality/news-story/5a642946ab17fb88ad117100f7e7e8f2

I watched the Tigers/Blues game tonight and it was bizarre. Was nice to hear the talk on the field, though. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So long as we're on track to be more like Italy than South Korea, there will definitely not be a season, and today we shot past both the Koreans and the French for total cases to take 6th place. Stay indoors folks, and don't get your hopes up for football this year.

What a joke.  The USA can’t handle a coronavirus outbreak for sh t