Sean Payton Tests Positive

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that’s the end of your 2020-2021 season, friends 

Wont happen. Short season if anything. 

What the hell would they do for the following offseason? 

-Draft order?

-Draft eligible college players?

-Contractual triggers for bonus?

And about 100 other things. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Wont happen. Short season if anything. 

What the hell would they do for the following offseason? 

-Draft order?

-Draft eligible college players?

-Contractual triggers for bonus?

And about 100 other things. 

At this rate, they’re not even getting into training camp until August. It’s hard to see how they can compress it unless they do eight games, and no way is anyone agreeing to that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

At this rate, they’re not even getting into training camp until August. It’s hard to see how they can compress it unless they do eight games, and no way is anyone agreeing to that.

It is what it is. I dedicate this lost season to bashing Mac as much as possible. I’ll feel much better about things. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You dont think the owners would want whatever games they could get ? Of course they would, greedy billionaires and all that jazz. 

8 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

They played games two days after JFK was shot.  Just sayin'...

But they did not after the 9/11 attack.

LBJ was sworn in minutes after JFK’s death. The US population was not compelled to go in shelter afterwards out fear of a Soviet attack.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that’s the end of your 2020-2021 season, friends 

Our professional soccer and Aussie rules leagues are still going, just with no spectators in attendance. There would have been 90,000 people at the game last night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/this-is-weird-footy-world-reacts-to-eerie-new-reality/news-story/5a642946ab17fb88ad117100f7e7e8f2

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This will most likely be over in a month at most. I don’t see it effecting training camp. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

This will most likely be over in a month at most. I don’t see it effecting training camp. 

Exactly.  I think some are overreacting a bit to this thing.  As long as we keep the quarantine mandate the next couple weeks we will start to see this thing start to burn out.  Yes it’s not gonna be over right away but it’s not like we are gonna be dealing with this the next 6-8 months lol 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What the hell does that have to do with a super flu that’s spreading faster then an alter boy’s cheeks at Sunday school? 

It's going to take a lot to get the NFL owners off their spot.  We're nowhere near a season cancellation yet...

The elephant in the room isn't the NFL season, they could start everything two or three months late, and still be on schedule for'21.

It's the NCAA canceling college football... that's way more likely, and would have a huge effect on the draft in '21 obviously. You'd be picking kids who hadn't played in almost two years.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The elephant in the room isn't the NFL season, they could start everything two or three months late, and still be on schedule for'21.

It's the NCAA canceling college football... that's way more likely, and would have a huge effect on the draft in '21 obviously. You'd be picking kids who hadn't played in almost two years.

Baseball is thinking of not having a draft in 2020, and lumping all those kids into 2021. Tough break if it happens