Sean Payton Tests Positive

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

This will most likely be over in a month at most. I don’t see it effecting training camp. 

You would think so, but even the most optimistic and invested voices in this are talking July-August, and way too many corporations and rich people are voluntarily burning way too much cash for this to just be a bird flu thing. IMO IMO IMO

• Upvote 2

Oh January 6th - the World Health Organization had a chance to contain this and now we are just wasting time and money - The Cure is worse than the Disease

This virus will run its course regardless of the insane actions being taken by clueless governments around the world - the healthy millionaires with "private" access to the tests prove the fatality numbers are overstated 

I take my chances with COVID-19 vs another Great Depression - the sooner we get this and our bodies develop antibodies the sooner we can get back to normal

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Wont happen. Short season if anything. 

What the hell would they do for the following offseason? 

-Draft order?

-Draft eligible college players?

-Contractual triggers for bonus?

And about 100 other things. 

What the hell would they do if they if they all infected each other.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Oh January 6th - the World Health Organization had a chance to contain this and now we are just wasting time and money - The Cure is worse than the Disease

This virus will run its course regardless of the insane actions being taken by clueless governments around the world - the healthy millionaires with "private" access to the tests prove the fatality numbers are overstated 

I take my chances with COVID-19 vs another Great Depression - the sooner we get this and our bodies develop antibodies the sooner we can get back to normal

i want to believe this but explain italy. For the death rate to be equal to the flu there would need to be 3M current cases in italy vs the reported 41k

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Can't wait until Sam tests positive. He will be Patient Z, literally the last person in the world to test positive, and will find out the day before the season starts. It is inevitable.  

Authors note: NO, I am not wishing this on anyone, and No, I don't actually want the guy to get it. This is satire, and please take it as such.

and yet, if it happens, would anyone really be surprised?

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

i want to believe this but explain italy. For the death rate to be equal to the flu there would need to be 3M current cases in italy vs the reported 41k

1 - Italy has the second oldest population in the world 

2 - There might be 3m cases but they are only counting the most severe, they are not counting mild or asymptomatic cases since they have no reasonable way to test everyone - glad that pro sports teams are testing everyone...

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agreed.  Glad to hear there are other people out there who are aware of this as well.  

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

2 - There might be 3m cases but they are only counting the most severe, they are not counting mild or asymptomatic cases since they have no reasonable way to test everyone - glad that pro sports teams are testing everyone...

I understand that, Just suggesting that the undercounting would need to be extreme for this to be ok

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

How is it that all these sports personalities are getting tested before everyone else?

Doesn't anybody wonder about that?

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Urban. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well we can just forget the 'cure is worse than the disease' and totally overwhelm the total health care system.

Also nice to see so many sentiments that 'well it is only going to kill the older people'

People who think this will go away in a couple of weeks are in for a rude awakening, especially with how poorly it's been regulated. Hoping for the best but Imo, we are still in the early stages of this sh*t show.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, nico002 said:

2/3 of the deaths in Italy, and presumably 2/3 of the cases, have occurred in the North. 

10mm people live there.  Let's call that about the size of NYC and surrounding areas.

There are many bad facts related to Italy.  Old population.  Smokers.  Family interaction, which is supposed to be good, but here it is not.  And most importantly, large presence of Chinese workers and lots of visiting workers for Milan Fashion Week.  

So, basically, if NYC were to be as bad as Italy, there would be around 20,000 cases and 2000 deaths here.   The Italian mortality rate is pretty awful, because I think they only test people who are really sick.  

Extrapolating the Italian case to the US, my calculations based on current experience would be 200,000 cases (from 9500 now) and 19,000 deaths (from 157 now).  17,000 Americans died from the Swine Flu, and 12,000-50,000 people every year die from the flu.  

I think the NY metropolitan area experience comes close to Northern Italy's.   It is terrible, but we are far from millions hospitalized and deceased.  Myself and many of my friends and colleagues have been some form of weird sick for the past month.  This virus is much more widespread than reported.   A few get very sick, about 15% of those end up in the hospital, and 5% of those will die.  But at this point the virus is virtually everywhere, and most of us have already been exposed.  

• Upvote 3

I think that’s the end of your 2020-2021 season, friends 

Ad soon as he turns around and is miraculously cured all will be well.

Just watch. Not one person we hear about will suffer in any real capacity. If the pope survives everyone survives. He’s like 1000 yrs old

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app