2020 Draft Hat Leaked

ECURB

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

My thoughts exactly. I'll never get that style.  I just wanna grab that thing and bend the $hit out of that brim immediately. 

Right the first thing we always did was start working to break the brim in.  

Made more sense too.

Now its just about the look.  A stupid look, As K Hernandez has said

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Right the first thing we always did was start working to break the brim in.  

Made more sense too.

Now its just about the look.  A stupid look, As K Hernandez has said

Don't forget to leave the tags and stickers on it. :)  

We're old though. 

Eh hem

All of the hate on the flat brim is uncouth.

When I was a younger man and history major in one of my 400 level classes I wrote a 25 page paper on hats of the Victorian Period in England, their class implications and purposes.....  The point I'm obsessed with hats.

I like a '47 curved brim hat and wear them from time to time. However the pinnacle of the modern baseball style hat is a wool properly fitted 59fifty flat brim. A snapback or adjustable strap are slights against the very essence of a hat and disgust me.

May you troglodytes who think differently choke on your tongues.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'd wear a bowler if it was socially acceptable... 

clockwork orange GIF

@Fantasy Island may you drown in the collective piss of a thousand syphilitic sailors for your slight, you Boeotian. ?

Unless that's what you call a fun Friday night like @T0mShane .

Now back to my synthemesc and drencrom to sharpen me up for a bit of the upcoming ultra-violence.

Burgess was an under-appreciated genius. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Eh hem

All of the hate on the flat brim is uncouth.

When I was a younger man and history major in one of my 400 level classes I wrote a 25 page paper on hats of the Victorian Period in England, their class implications and purposes.....  The point I'm obsessed with hats.

I like a '47 curved brim hat and wear them from time to time. However the pinnacle of the modern baseball style hat is a wool properly fitted 59fifty flat brim. A snapback or adjustable strap are slights against the very essence of a hat and disgust me.

May you troglodytes who think differently choke on your tongues.

Flat Brim hats make the wearer look like a dimwitted moron. But yeah, sure. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Does everyone too old or too young understand you can curve a flat brim hat? Like with your hands. You just curve it. With your hands. And then it’s not flat if you don’t like that.

Because you cant.

The brims and hats are cut differently.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'd wear a bowler if it was socially acceptable... 

clockwork orange GIF

@Fantasy Island may you drown in the collective piss of a thousand syphilitic sailors for your slight, you Boeotian. ?

Unless that's what you call a fun Friday night like @T0mShane .

Now back to my synthemesc and drencrom to sharpen me up for a bit of the upcoming ultra-violence.

When I was in the Army I liked to wear a Boonie with one side folded up like the Aussies...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because you cant.

The brims and hats are cut differently.  

You totally can, I do it all the time. I actually look for flat brims and then round them a bit. But I get it lol, we handed out an option of flat brim or dad hats to customers for work. The older generation (Over 50) and younger (under 30) Tend to like the dad hats. Then it’s a mix for the 30/40 year olds. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You totally can, I do it all the time. I actually look for flat brims and then round them a bit. But I get it lol, we handed out an option of flat brim or dad hats to customers for work. The older generation (Over 50) and younger (under 30) Tend to like the dad hats. Then it’s a mix for the 30/40 year olds. 

Cycles

I have old Jet caps from back in the day, they have the squared off, flatter on the top, wider brim and stiff look.  Then went to the hat most like today but the younger gen like the hats that are more of a caricature of those old hats 

Makes me old and you almost there?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cycles

I have old Jet caps from back in the day, they have the squared off, flatter on the top, wider brim and stiff look.  Then went to the hat most like today but the younger gen like the hats that are more of a caricature of those old hats 

Makes me old and you almost there?

I’m 44, rocked flat brim hats when I was like 6 to 13 lol. Then 90’s was the mega curve, the older, grubbier the better lol. I did start liking the flat brim in 2010’s but bc I’m older and they do look a little douchey, I’d curve them a bit.  I’ll be honest when I wear the dad hats I grew up on through HS and college, I just don’t like them, curving the flats is like my happy medium. 

but through handing out hats for work this past year, we had both, dad hats and flat brim as options...I realized the difference in age group styles: by age out of around 300 people in NYC:

20’s: Mostly all dad hats 

30’s: Mostly flat brim

40’s: Mostly flat brim

50/60’s: all dad hats 

this convo is so funny to me bc this just came up and I actually thought it was so interesting 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m 44, rocked flat brim hats when I was like 6 to 13 lol. Then 90’s was the mega curve, the older, grubbier the better lol. I did start liking the flat brim in 2010’s but bc I’m older and they do look a little douchey, I’d curve them a bit.  I’ll be honest when I wear the dad hats I grew up on through HS and college, I just don’t like them, curving the flats is like my happy medium. 

but through handing out hats for work this past year, we had both, dad hats and flat brim as options...I realized the difference in age group styles: by age out of around 300 people in NYC:

this convo is so funny to me bc this just came up and I actually thought it was so interesting 

It is funny but so true

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Flat Brim hats make the wearer look like a dimwitted moron. But yeah, sure. 

Dimwitted moron is the best you could do ... You don't deserve the tongue in your mouth.... Come let me remove it for you.

Adding "But yeah, sure" what a basic b*tch phrase.. .are you a basic b*tch? Because you sound like one

A curved brim is the calling card of proletarian swine and old men who think reliving their former glory on a softball is a viable use of a Saturday afternoon.

*Disclaimer I've already said I wear both styles of hat but this argument for arguments sake is a good time killer on one of my favorite topics "hats"(I can't leave my house without a hat unless it is to go to my corporate job where I cannot wear a hat).... I am both proletarian swine and a lower middle aged man (30's) trying to relive his former glory ? ,...

However I do truly believe snap backs and adjustable straps are disgusting offenses to hat-dom .... In days of old a hat fit your ****ing head and the hat was an extension of the man himself, it spoke to who he was where he came from and where he intended to go.

I do generally prefer a flat brim to a curve. I generally wear a black on black Jets or Yankees 59fifty fitted. It's obviously generational thing  and you old talking heads sound pretty dick-ish. I mean c'mon, we did see how you all dressed in the 70's and 80's and we don't ride you for your obvious lack of taste.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Very interesting... shows the generational disparity  and that what was once old becomes new again, as the youngins move back to the curved '47 "dad" hat.

Fashion mixes pendulum like movements in taste with innovation to create "modernity"