Training camp can begin in NJ

Hopefully that is a smart and safe decision. I am dying for football but it is only a game so health and safety come first. 

On the other hand, UFC is currently building Fight Island in Florida because they’re insane, and because, well, Florida  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just approved.

Funny how California was opposed to the openings till other states like Arizona said they would host the Cali teams. Suddenly California's gov. said it was OK and they welcomed the pro teams.  Money talks like usual.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ECURB said:

It said games are approved too right?

The state has nothing to do with the NFL, so they are basically just giving the green light for practices to happen here. I don't think they have commented on the actual games.  BUT it is safe to assume if they are letting people practice they will let them play. The fan part will have to be figured out later on for sure.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, British Jet said:

The amount of adverts on this forum has gone into overdrive lately.

We just put ads back up today. Happy to listen to any constructive feedback, just put notes in the feedback forum.  Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The state has nothing to do with the NFL, so they are basically just giving the green light for practices to happen here. I don't think they have commented on the actual games.  BUT it is safe to assume if they are letting people practice they will let them play. The fan part will have to be figured out later on for sure.

It says "... training and even competition...". To me, that means games are included.

Just now, Jet Blast said:

It says "... training and even competition...". To me, that means games are included.

Yeah reading that again, it does seem to be the case. I think that is what @ECURB was saying as well.

Good news, I think you guys are right!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah nobody complained last week when there were no ads at all and I paid the hosting out of my own account lol.

This feedback belongs in the feedback forum. But our old ad network didn't work out. Same old story but they were late paying what they owed and they under delivered.

We signed up with a much bigger firm and the ads are being tweaked. I have asked them to remove the ads in between forums and topics for guests. That should be done soon, when that happens I think we will have the exact same amount of ads for registered members.

For Guests?  Sign up for an account, login. You will see less ads.

Ads are 100% needed though. This site is expensive to run with a dedicated server, so if there are any ad thoughts please put them in the feedback forum.

Thanks.

Understood Max

why is this such a reach?  there is no reason not to start practicing.  the risk to the players and fans is somewhere between slim and none.  as for games,  the risk is still very low for the players and not so bad for fans as long as people act responsible.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

It’s too early for me to say I told you so, so let’s continue to see how this plays out. One day at a time. 

If the season happens with full 16 games with fans you can.

I anticipate lots of changes to the original plan which has been my position from day one.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

If the season happens with full 16 games with fans you can.

I anticipate lots of changes to the original plan which has been my position from day one.

Never said with fans, I just said there’s too much money at stake to not play the schedule( which has built in contingency plans) and it was way to early for the nfl to say otherwise, stick to the plan until you can’t. Still over 3 months until regular season starts. 

also just to combine a post wanted to put this here: 

Yahoo’s Charles Robinson reports that the league could allow head coaches to return to team facilities as early as next week. This vicariously means team minicamps could begin “as early as June 15 or as late as June 27.”

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Never said with fans, I just said there’s too much money at stake to not play the schedule( which has built in contingency plans) and it was way to early for the nfl to say otherwise, stick to the plan until you can’t. Still over 3 months until regular season starts. 

also just to combine a post wanted to put this here: 

Yahoo’s Charles Robinson reports that the league could allow head coaches to return to team facilities as early as next week. This vicariously means team minicamps could begin “as early as June 15 or as late as June 27.”

In the same breath of opening camps Murphy essentially said he wont allow 80 k at metlife. As a STH I would like a realistic plan soon for financial and planning concerns. 

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

why is this such a reach?  there is no reason not to start practicing.  the risk to the players and fans is somewhere between slim and none.  as for games,  the risk is still very low for the players and not so bad for fans as long as people act responsible.

The players in all leagues seem to be digging in on not practicing/playing. It won't last forever, but these guys not having to do a hell of a lot, while also most already being millionaires, seems to be more appealing than playing at the moment I guess. The NBA, MLB, and NHL don't seem to be in a rush to get back. I'd anticipate the NFL players will do the same especially if they announce minicamp dates. I saw the NFPLA Pres already struck down returning.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah nobody complained last week when there were no ads at all and I paid the hosting out of my own account lol.

This feedback belongs in the feedback forum. But our old ad network didn't work out. Same old story but they were late paying what they owed and they under delivered.

We signed up with a much bigger firm and the ads are being tweaked. I have asked them to remove the ads in between forums and topics for guests. That should be done soon, when that happens I think we will have the exact same amount of ads for registered members.

For Guests?  Sign up for an account, login. You will see less ads.

Ads are 100% needed though. This site is expensive to run with a dedicated server, so if there are any ad thoughts please put them in the feedback forum.

Thanks.

Hanging Cardinal on a Swinging Tree Branch Lawn Ornament

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The players in all leagues seem to be digging in on not practicing/playing. It won't last forever, but these guys not having to do a hell of a lot, while also most already being millionaires, seems to be more appealing than playing at the moment I guess. The NBA, MLB, and NHL don't seem to be in a rush to get back. I'd anticipate the NFL players will do the same especially if they announce minicamp dates. I saw the NFPLA Pres already struck down returning.

maybe.  the difference is that the nba, nhl and mbl we well underway (at least the mbl was getting prepared to start their season) when the lock downs hit.  now those guys have already resigned themselves to not having a season so it's going to be hard for them to get back in mental and physical shape.  the nfl doesn't start until around now anyway so they should be more mentally ready to start training.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

People ruin everything.