Another NY Jets hater

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Sar I is trolling the people who think every move the Jets have made the last decade is gold despite the lack of success. It's satire, he makes very silly arguments in favor of the Jets showing just how hysterical some fans of the team are..so he makes posts prancing around like the Jets accomplished something highlighting just how little they have done.

That seems like an awful lot of effort to try to highlight something only about 5 % of Jets fans do.

We're pretty much all well aware the Jets have sucked at offseason moves for the last 6 years before Douglas' arrival.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is right except for the Adams part.  Yet another guy that buys into the hype of 'he is the best player!' and does not realize what the player provides, what he is going to cost and what the team has to give up to let him play  the way he does.

Yeah, him and everyone e else who watches games 

20 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes. This is definitely a good comparison, considering that the Ravens went 8-0 in those games (not 6-2), beat 3 playoff teams (not 1 resting its starters), including the NFC Superbowl representative, and including putting up 40+ points 4 times in 8 games and 30+ 6 times.  I see no relevant difference at all.

The Jets finishing 6-2 is a much bigger accomplishment than the Ravens finishing 8-0.

The Ravens were the best team in the conference.  The Jets were completely injured, quarterback recovering from mono, 16 players on IR, 3rd and 4th stringers playing everywhere, first year HC with a new playbook, first year DC with new schemes, worst rushing attack and lowest rated OL in the NFL.  

The odds of the Ravens finishing 8-0 after their 6-2 start was probably 10 to 1.  The odds of the Jets finishing 6-2 after their 1-7 start was probably 1000 to 1.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets finishing 6-2 is a much bigger accomplishment than the Ravens finishing 8-0.

The Ravens were the best team in the conference.  The Jets were completely injured, quarterback recovering from mono, 16 players on IR, 3rd and 4th stringers playing everywhere, first year HC with a new playbook, first year DC with new schemes, worst rushing attack and lowest rated OL in the NFL.  

The odds of the Ravens finishing 8-0 after their 6-2 start was probably 10 to 1.  The odds of the Jets finishing 6-2 after their 1-7 start was probably 1000 to 1.

SAR I

So you're saying it was less impressive because the ravens are a great team and the Jets aren't? Cool, now tell the idiot who wondered why the ravens are being ranked high and the Jets aren't

Why people care at all about power rankings in a league that bases nothing on rankings is beyond me. The NFL determines playoff teams by winning divisions and earning wild card spots, not by rankings or polls or some stupid formula like college FB.  The playoff games are decided on the field in real games with winners and losers.  NFL Power rankings are completely meaningless.  Who gives a crap?  Earn respect as a good team on the field, not on some arbitrary list.

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why people care at all about power rankings in a league that bases nothing on rankings is beyond me. The NFL determines playoff teams by winning divisions and earning wild card spots, not by rankings or polls or some stupid formula like college FB.  The playoff games are decided on the field in real games with winners and losers.  NFL Power rankings are completely meaningless.  Who gives a crap?  Earn respect as a good team on the field, not on some arbitrary list.

We love drama. 

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

So you're saying it was less impressive because the ravens are a great team and the Jets aren't? Cool, now tell the idiot who wondered why the ravens are being ranked high and the Jets aren't

I am saying that last year at 6-2 the Ravens were a top team in the AFC and their finish wasn't as impressive as the 1-7 Jets who put up 6 wins in 8 tries.  That was an amazing accomplishment by the Jets.  I would have extended Gase right there.

As for this year, I don't see the Ravens making the playoffs.  Jackson completely carried that average team and flash-in-the-pan running quarterbacks never last.  Their neighbors in Virginia can attest to that.

SAR I

On 6/1/2020 at 1:23 PM, SAR I said:

Exactly.  If you've ever had mono or had a family member who had it, you know its not some 4 week thing where you are right back on your feet.  It takes another 4 weeks after getting a clean bill of health before you get your full strength back.  Darnold clearly had his hiccups for awhile.  No running game, no OL, and weak WR's did him no favors.  6-2 finish was absolutely stunning.  

Darnold is the man.  We are blessed.  Finally.

SAR I

Download video

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/1/2020 at 1:55 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Sar I is trolling the people who think every move the Jets have made the last decade is gold despite the lack of success. It's satire, he makes very silly arguments in favor of the Jets showing just how hysterical some fans of the team are..so he makes posts prancing around like the Jets accomplished something highlighting just how little they have done.

This would be great if true

i don’t think so though 

• Upvote 1

The defense played well overall despite losing Mosley and Williamson. The offensive line should be better with Becton, McGovern, and slight upgrades at the other spots. Herndon back at TE for Sam. Who’d we lose? RA? Meh. 

7-9 last year with some tough luck (Mono and injuries). I’m liking a 2-3 game improvement best case scenario, even with the schedule. 

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Incorrect perspective to take.  If Peter King says trading Jamal Adams would be a bad move, its time to light up the phones, JD.  

Sorry.  I guess I have to find out more about Peter King.  All I know him is from occasional TV interviews.