Jump to content

Another NY Jets hater


Recommended Posts

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/06/nfl-power-rankings-giants-jets-slammed-by-nbc-sports-peter-king-eagles-show-signs-of-hope.html

NFL power rankings: Giants, Jets slammed by NBC Sports’ Peter King; Eagles show signs of hope

With the calendar turning to June, hope springs eternal that life will somewhat return to normal in the NFL. Minicamps this month could be a reality, if coaches and players are allowed to return to team facilities and all 32 clubs receive the green light from local officials amid the coronavirus pandemic

 

A better bet is for the NFL to return at the end of next month with training camp. Whenever teams do resume in-person meetings and workouts, they will find a new world order for the 2020 season, with NBC Sports’ Peter King releasing his NFL power rankings.

 

Introducing Giants Extra: Sign up for a free trial now. Get exclusive news, behind-the-scenes observations and the ability to text directly with reporters

 

King has the Jets at No. 28.

 

The Jets had one of the most deceiving years in the league, finishing 6-2 in their last eight games while facing only one premier team—Baltimore. Otherwise, they beat Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Derek Carr (in one of the great no-show East Coast games by a Raider team in history), Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mason Rudolph and Josh Allen, and got creamed by the Bengals. The Jets spent huge on Le’Veon Bell and then rushed for 78.6 yards a game as a team, 31st in the league; I don’t see a vast improvement. ... They should be better on the offensive line with four new starters, led by rookie tackle Mekhi Becton, the first pick of the Joe Douglas era. But the receiving corps is a weakness. ... By the way, the Jets would be fools to trade Adams—at least now. Say some good team offers first and third-round picks for Adams, which would be a premium price for a safety. Answer this question, Jets fans: Would you get rid of your best player for the 26th and 90th picks in next year’s draft? I wouldn’t.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What would Fat Pete have said if we lost those games? Memo to King.....the NFL isn’t college where you can schedule a decent amount of your opponents yourself. He actually used to be a decent read until he underwent his Rene Richards procedure.😎

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

King is to lazy to do even the most basic research.

We didn't "beat Josh Allen" in December, he was lifted in the first quarter. We beat his backup (Matt Barkley?) and the rest of the Bills non-starters.

Spot on. Seems like he's gotten lazier and lazier every year. Maybe it's because of his leaving NJ for NY. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I agree with him about Adams. The teams we beat were the same teams the Bills beat, I guess the weak opponents only applies to the Jets. 

Buffalo is a city of 300,000.  New York is a city of 20,000,000.

If you want your hit piece to get a lot of clicks and some revenue, you take shots at the New Yorkers, not the upstaters.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Buffalo is a city of 300,000.  New York is a city of 20,000,000.

If you want your hit piece to get a lot of clicks and some revenue, you take shots at the New Yorkers, not the upstaters.

SAR I

He’s using double standard without  doing any digging. The Jets had the Bills beat in week 1 without a kicker and a QB with mono. The Bills and Jets played virtually the same schedule, but only the Jets wins came against week opponents. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He’s using double standard without  doing any digging. The Jets has the Bills beat in week 1 without a kicker and a QB with mono. The Bills and Jets played virtually the same schedule, but only the Jets wins came against week opponents. 

Exactly my point for months.  They praise the Bills and condemn the Jets and the only difference between the two teams was Darnold's illness and the 16 players on IR.

Bills
at Dolphins
at Bengals

Those are the 3 games that cost us 10-6 and gave the wildcard to the Bills.  Continue to dominate the Bills at home for the last 10 minutes, that's an easy win.  Darnold at full health against the winless Bengals and Dolphins, two more easy wins.  That's the difference between the Jets and Bills.  Illness and injury turning three wins into three losses.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter King is a terrific writer and journalist for the NFL. However whenever he shows his opinion it is almost invariably wrong from my perspective. The Jets were not the 28th worst team last year and they clearly got better than last year. Would I put them Top 10? Probably not. Is our schedule harder? On paper it is but reality and paper are often far off in the NFL. I think we are a borderline playoff contender if our draft is a good as it looks once again on that paper. The AFC East is certainly easier without Brady, though how much remains to be seen.

When King used to be on Sirius XM he would show himself often to be completely biased towards the Patriots.  Whatever, lets just hope we have football this year.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

ravens.jpg

Yet he picks the Ravens as the #2 team in the NFL despite the fact that their last 8 games were just as weak as the Jets.  In fact, the Ravens played 11 games against the leagues weaklings, sort of helps when you play 6 games against the Bengals, Browns, and Steelers.

Peter King has always been an idiot.

SAR I

patsie shill.  king has nothing to do now that the patsies are done.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly my point for months.  They praise the Bills and condemn the Jets and the only difference between the two teams was Darnold's illness and the 16 players on IR.

Bills
at Dolphins
at Bengals

Those are the 3 games that cost us 10-6 and gave the wildcard to the Bills.  Continue to dominate the Bills at home for the last 10 minutes, that's an easy win.  Darnold at full health against the winless Bengals and Dolphins, two more easy wins.  That's the difference between the Jets and Bills.  Illness and injury turning three wins into three losses.

SAR I

there's a lot of truth in this.  i don't think the full impact of darnold's mono was understood.  yes he missed 3 games outright but it took him a couple of more games to get back in stride.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is right except for the Adams part.  Yet another guy that buys into the hype of 'he is the best player!' and does not realize what the player provides, what he is going to cost and what the team has to give up to let him play  the way he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not consider this a slam.  The Jets have turned a corner.  I am thinking 8 or 9 wins tops.  That is improvement. 

In my mind we will know much more after seeing JD's second draft and next years off-season moves.

JD will not be shooting fish in a barrel after next season.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

ravens.jpg

Yet he picks the Ravens as the #2 team in the NFL despite the fact that their last 8 games were just as weak as the Jets.  In fact, the Ravens played 11 games against the leagues weaklings, sort of helps when you play 6 games against the Bengals, Browns, and Steelers.

Peter King has always been an idiot.

SAR It

Such a strange troll job.  The Ravens lost 2 games.  One was a squeaker to the eventual super bowl winner.  They actually beat the super bowl loser.  They beat three division winners and six playoff teams.   The Steelers went 8-6 against the rest of the league.  You think the Ravens division is weak?  They went 4-0 and scored scored something like 162 while giving up 67 against the AFC East.   The tomato cans they faced were the same as the "good teams" the Jets saw.  Besides the head-to-head, they went 8-1 against teams the Jets played.  The Jets record against those teams was 3-6.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they’ll be better than 28 but it’s quite reasonable to have them listed there.

Just about every team thinks they got better, every team had a draft they loved.

The Jets had the worst offense in entire league last year.

We can all think they’ll be better than this prediction, I do too...but to act indignant that they were listed there and this is some type of troll job,  couldn’t be more wrong.

It’s reasonable to think the Jets will be a bad team again - and until they prove it otherwise they will continue to be listed as such.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

there's a lot of truth in this.  i don't think the full impact of darnold's mono was understood.  yes he missed 3 games outright but it took him a couple of more games to get back in stride.

Exactly.  If you've ever had mono or had a family member who had it, you know its not some 4 week thing where you are right back on your feet.  It takes another 4 weeks after getting a clean bill of health before you get your full strength back.  Darnold clearly had his hiccups for awhile.  No running game, no OL, and weak WR's did him no favors.  6-2 finish was absolutely stunning.  

Darnold is the man.  We are blessed.  Finally.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Such a strange troll job.  The Ravens lost 2 games.  One was a squeaker to the eventual super bowl winner.  They actually beat the super bowl loser.  They beat three division winners and six playoff teams.   The Steelers went 8-6 against the rest of the league.  You think the Ravens division is weak?  They went 4-0 and scored scored something like 162 while giving up 67 against the AFC East.   The tomato cans they faced were the same as the "good teams" the Jets saw.  Besides the head-to-head, they went 8-1 against teams the Jets played.  The Jets record against those teams was 3-6.

The Ravens had a borderline HOF head coach in his 12th year.  The Ravens were extremely healthy.  The Ravens have no dominant team in their own division.  The Ravens had an unorthodox improv offense with a scrambling quarterback.

The Jets had a 1st year head coach.  The Jets were the most injured team in the entire league.  The Jets have a dynasty in their own division.  The Jets had a quarterback crippled by mononucleosis the first 8 weeks struggling to learn the new playbook and ran a traditional offense with limited weapons.

The Jets finish at 6-2 is legit.  The Ravens 8-0 finish exposed them as playoff wannabe's, no different than the lucky Bills.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t sh*t on the Jets for beating Josh Allen and Dereck Carr and simultaneously have the Bills ranked 13th and Raiders ranked 8th.

We also best his 10th ranked- Dallas.

Then he quotes Miami’s record after Halloween as Justification for having them 19th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Such a strange troll job.  The Ravens lost 2 games.  One was a squeaker to the eventual super bowl winner.  They actually beat the super bowl loser.  They beat three division winners and six playoff teams.   The Steelers went 8-6 against the rest of the league.  You think the Ravens division is weak?  They went 4-0 and scored scored something like 162 while giving up 67 against the AFC East.   The tomato cans they faced were the same as the "good teams" the Jets saw.  Besides the head-to-head, they went 8-1 against teams the Jets played.  The Jets record against those teams was 3-6.

Sar I is trolling the people who think every move the Jets have made the last decade is gold despite the lack of success. It's satire, he makes very silly arguments in favor of the Jets showing just how hysterical some fans of the team are..so he makes posts prancing around like the Jets accomplished something highlighting just how little they have done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

ravens.jpg

Yet he picks the Ravens as the #2 team in the NFL despite the fact that their last 8 games were just as weak as the Jets.  In fact, the Ravens played 11 games against the leagues weaklings, sort of helps when you play 6 games against the Bengals, Browns, and Steelers.

Peter King has always been an idiot.

SAR I

Yes. This is definitely a good comparison, considering that the Ravens went 8-0 in those games (not 6-2), beat 3 playoff teams (not 1 resting its starters), including the NFC Superbowl representative, and including putting up 40+ points 4 times in 8 games and 30+ 6 times.  I see no relevant difference at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Sar I is trolling the people who think every move the Jets have made the last decade is gold despite the lack of success. It's satire, he makes very silly arguments in favor of the Jets showing just how hysterical some fans of the team are..so he makes posts prancing around like the Jets accomplished something highlighting just how little they have done.

I am fully aware of Sar and his shtick, but a few of these folks are not and this one was even further out there than most. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting some more hate

i can’t really argue with anything he said

jets beat no one of consequence outside of the cowboys last year and the roster is better than it’s been but not impressive.  
 

the only thing I care about is that there’s finally a plan in place. JD and Sam finally have us on the road to sustainable respectability. 
 

arrows pointing in the right direction but 2020 ain’t the year.  2021 is when the golden era decade begins when Mac’s contract nightmares can be addressed by getting Tru off the books, Enunwa off the books and cutting Bell. Plus getting JD another draft.

one more year to get through but 2020 will still be fun to watch 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

King is to lazy to do even the most basic research.

We didn't "beat Josh Allen" in December, he was lifted in the first quarter. We beat his backup (Matt Barkley?) and the rest of the Bills non-starters.

Must be getting his info from SAR I.  We actually swept the Bills.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...