Jump to content

Darnold’s Orchestrated Workouts Getting Crowded in Florida


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bell works out all year around down here, he has a history of missing Pittsburg camps to work out at UM.  Perriman is a Florida workout warrior too.  Doesnt mean they put together enough players to draw more players to Florida to get this done.  I dont see anywhere that Bell cared either way with having the rest of the offense show up and practice along with him.  Bells more about getting into football shape, not about practice.  

Theres a difference

There were others also besides Bell. Perriman was one. Pretty sure Herndon, another Miami guy) was another.

Sam was out in Cali, probably working out with some guys based there, who knows? I think it’s great so many guys on the team got together in Florida to work together, I just think the original group who were there should get credit for getting the ball rolling.

Like I keep saying, it’s understandable that the story morphed into “Teammates join Sam down in Florida...” which they did, but not before others were already there working out together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing that could come out of this big turnout is Darnold turning into a "Junior OC".  Where he can dictate to the offensive staff the plays he likes, dislikes and what concepts need to be

Can’t wait to see Sam And Denzel start playing the back shoulder game, that’s going to be fun to watch.  Sam throws the back shoulder really well and Denzel can work the sideline with the best of them

Who arranged the workouts seems as murky out here as...... Who killed JKF!!     Well facts are stubborn things they are not dependent on ones likes or dislikes or wishes....... htt

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

I heard somewhere that the Browns TE was there with them as well, can someone confirm that?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

I think it’s very plausible Njoku (another Miami based guy), would be there.

A little birdie told me a bunch of Browns players were working out in Dallas with Mayfield. I’m not sure, but I think their new TE, Hooper was a driving force behind that. I have no clue whether Njoku attend that, or whether guys from other teams did.

its not uncommon though, for things like that to happen that way.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

oh, ur one of those...

i guess the red zone tds dont count?

"oh, ur one of those" - Sure, whatever that means. Were you actually trying to make a point about Robby Anderson having two red zone TDs last year with a grand total of five TDs in all last year? As I think it kind of speaks to what I was saying. My math may be off, but that seems to work out to 1 redzone TD per half season. Despite all the dysfunction on offense that's still a pretty sad statistic.

image.thumb.png.4206f57028dfc20725f08f28030cc10d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

"oh, ur one of those" - Sure, whatever that means. Were you actually trying to make a point about Robby Anderson having two red zone TDs last year with a grand total of five TDs in all last year? As I think it kind of speaks to what I was saying. My math may be off, but that seems to work out to 1 redzone TD per half season. Despite all the dysfunction on offense that's still a pretty sad statistic.

image.thumb.png.4206f57028dfc20725f08f28030cc10d.png

we paid lev bell 25 mill for 3 tds...   but hey, gotta kill the udfa

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

we paid lev bell 25 mill for 3 tds...   but hey, gotta kill the udfa

Did or do you see me promoting the Bell deal as a good signing? RB is a position I wouldn't devote much money to as they can be replaced every year with the large supply of talent available at that position. I'm not killing RA, I'm simply providing my opinion about his production on field which you don't agree with. You threw out redzone TDs, apparently as some argument, and when I pointed out that he had two all year last year you switched gears. Nice job trying to muddy the waters, but I think you can do better. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

we paid lev bell 25 mill for 3 tds...   but hey, gotta kill the udfa

Please explain what Bell getting an offer off of his career in pitts have to do with Anderson?

Who else you going to bring up next that has nothing to do with Anderson

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Exactly.

Well, if you really believed that, then you wouldn't be trying to make sure that everyone knew that it wasn't Darnold who put this together.

 

But, what do I know, I'm just a beaver.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

I heard somewhere that the Browns TE was there with them as well, can someone confirm that?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

OH, sh*t, MAYBE IT WAS ACTUALLY BAKER MAYFIELD WHO SET UP THIS JETS' OFFENSIVE TEAM WORKOUT!

BAKER MAYFIELD -- A GAGILLION

SAM DARNOLD -- 0

@14 in Green

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slats said:

A couple Jets are located in Florida over the offseason. Sam Darnold talks to them and says, "hey, you guys stay there, I'll come to you and see who else wants to come." 

*Everyone currently associated with the Jets who hopes to catch a pass this year immediately heads to Florida* 

@14 in Green: nice job by Breshad Perriman to put this all together. 

That's why whenever I go shopping, I thank the other shoppers for putting together the trip for me, because I really needed it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, if you really believed that, then you wouldn't be trying to make sure that everyone knew that it wasn't Darnold who put this together.

 

But, what do I know, I'm just a beaver.

Can I say “exactly” one more time?

😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, if you really believed that, then you wouldn't be trying to make sure that everyone knew that it wasn't Darnold who put this together.

 

But, what do I know, I'm just a beaver.

 

55 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

OH, sh*t, MAYBE IT WAS ACTUALLY BAKER MAYFIELD WHO SET UP THIS JETS' OFFENSIVE TEAM WORKOUT!

BAKER MAYFIELD -- A GAGILLION

SAM DARNOLD -- 0

@14 in Green

 

54 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's why whenever I go shopping, I thank the other shoppers for putting together the trip for me, because I really needed it.

When my favorite beaver gets on me, I know it’s time to back off.

Yay for Sammy! Thanks for getting the band together.. your secret admirer, 14 in green

 

Seriously, I’m done with the subject, carry on with which ever narrative you guys like. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

 

 

When my favorite beaver gets on me, I know it’s time to back off.

Yay for Sammy! Thanks for getting the band together.. your secret admirer, 14 in green

 

Seriously, I’m done with the subject, carry on with which ever narrative you guys like. 

 

 

I honestly thought you were just doing a shtick when I saw your first post about it.

You can be wrong, though. It's okay. I still ❤️ you, buddy.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slats said:

A couple Jets are located in Florida over the offseason. Sam Darnold talks to them and says, "hey, you guys stay there, I'll come to you and see who else wants to come." 

*Everyone currently associated with the Jets who hopes to catch a pass this year immediately heads to Florida* 

@14 in Green: nice job by Breshad Perriman to put this all together. 

I have this personal theory that Perriman gets an extension before Adams.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I have this personal theory that Perriman gets an extension before Adams.

That’s funny, but that could easily be true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KRL said:

The best thing that could come out of this big turnout is Darnold
turning into a "Junior OC".  Where he can dictate to the offensive
staff the plays he likes, dislikes and what concepts need to be
emphasized going into camp.  This offense needs to be his 

All the legendary qbs are basically their own offensive coordinators.  Favre, Manning, Brady

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

 

 

When my favorite beaver gets on me, I know it’s time to back off.

Yay for Sammy! Thanks for getting the band together.. your secret admirer, 14 in green

 

Seriously, I’m done with the subject, carry on with which ever narrative you guys like. 

 

 

And your boy Baker will be out of the league in a couple years after he misses the playoffs with that roster in Cleveland 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Can’t wait to see Sam And Denzel start playing the back shoulder game, that’s going to be fun to watch.  Sam throws the back shoulder really well and Denzel can work the sideline with the best of them.  

The Baylor beat reporter touches on the strengths that should enable Mims to have a  successful rookie year.
He points out the reasons why I expect Mims to surprise this year.  

Mims can catch the back shoulder/fades...and in general...highly contested balls...with a high level of consistency.   His athleticism, speed, vertical and strength...will help him a lot.  This will be his initial strong suit...to give him an edge...as he's ahead in these areas of the game.   
The beat writer also points out that his route running is pretty good too.  I've said several times...that his "limited route tree" is overblown.  As someone who was being groomed for the starting high school QB position (eventually they realized his receiving skills were too good to leave him there) Mims has an understanding of route concepts, and the importance of timing between QB and receiver. 

I'll be surprised...if he doesn't surprise...in this upcoming season. 

 

Download video
Download video
Download video

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenReaper said:

The Baylor beat reporter touches on the strengths that should enable Mims to have a  successful rookie year.
He points out the reasons why I expect Mims to surprise this year.  

Mims can catch the back shoulder/fades...and in general...highly contested balls...with a high level of consistency.   His athleticism, speed, vertical and strength...will help him a lot.  This will be his initial strong suit...to give him an edge...as he's ahead in these areas of the game.   
The beat writer also points out that his route running is pretty good too.  I've said several times...that his "limited route tree" is overblown.  As someone who was being groomed for the starting high school QB position (eventually they realized his receiving skills were too good to leave him there) Mims has an understanding of route concepts, and the importance of timing between QB and receiver. 

I'll be surprised...if he doesn't surprise...in this upcoming season. 

 

Download video
Download video
Download video

 

But his hand size”... as one particular poster on this board keeps alluding to for his drop into the late 2nd. They look big enough in this photo to get the job done in college 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Went back and read this in a French accent.

 

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Big props to Bell and Perriman for being the guys who put this together.

This offense needs leadership from within, and it looks like they’ve taken on that role this offseason.

Nice to see Sam and so many others joining them in Florida. I like everything about this.

I am trying to connect the dots, Gastineau please do us a favor and translate in Russian as well.  14 in Green, please refer to my last English sentence or google translate could assist you with your needs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

But his hand size”... as one particular poster on this board keeps alluding to for his drop into the late 2nd. They look big enough in this photo to get the job done in college 

Hey there, I suspect you're talking about me...

I'm a big fan of Mims, whose hands are basically average sized (51st percentile) for a receiver his size. The hands comments I've made have been about Lawrence Cager, who's hands are about a half-inch smaller than that average. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

But his hand size”... as one particular poster on this board keeps alluding to for his drop into the late 2nd. They look big enough in this photo to get the job done in college 

I looked at hand size before the draft with receivers...and I don't see an issue here...as Mims measures up to the others who were drafted before him.

https://nfldraft.theringer.com/?_ga=2.197311660.289141641.1587244703-1044997182.1583744933#jerryjeudy

Denzel Mims - 9 3/8"

*** = Six WRs drafted ahead of Mims...had a smaller hand size.

Jerry Jeudi - 9 1/2"

***CeeDee Lamb - 9 1/4"

Henry Ruggs - 10 1/8"

***Justin Jefferson - 9 1/8"

***Tee Higgins -  9 1/4"

Jalen Reagor - 9 1/2"

Brandon Aiyuk - 9 3/4"

***Michael Pittman Jr - 9 1/4"

***Lavishka Shenault - 9"

Chase Claypool - 9 7/8"

***Van Jefferson - 9 1/8"

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

I looked at hand size before the draft with receivers...and I don't see an issue here...as Mims measures up to the others who were drafted before him.

https://nfldraft.theringer.com/?_ga=2.197311660.289141641.1587244703-1044997182.1583744933#jerryjeudy

Denzel Mims - 9 3/8"

*** = Six WRs drafted ahead of Mims...had a smaller hand size.

Jerry Jeudi - 9 1/2"

***CeeDee Lamb - 9 1/4"

Henry Ruggs - 10 1/8"

***Justin Jefferson - 9 1/8"

***Tee Higgins -  9 1/4"

Jalen Reagor - 9 1/2"

Brandon Aiyuk - 9 3/4"

***Michael Pittman Jr - 9 1/4"

***Lavishka Shenault - 9"

Chase Claypool - 9 7/8"

***Van Jefferson - 9 1/8"

See above, no one was talking about Mims' hand size. 

It's Lawrence Cager's 8 7/8" hands that were under discussion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first reaction to this post was excitement that George Campbell was invited to this and attending. I then took a step back to think about why I’d be most excited about George Campbell, what that means about who I am as a fan, what this franchise has done to me, and what I can do to be better

Still processing everything. Will obviously keep you guys posted.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

See above, no one was talking about Mims' hand size. 

It's Lawrence Cager's 8 7/8" hands that were under discussion. 

marshawn lynch my bad GIF by Team Coco

That one hit home.... yes? :fish:

 

You are correct though..... that was Cager you referenced. My apologies.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, slats said:

A couple Jets are located in Florida over the offseason. Sam Darnold talks to them and says, "hey, you guys stay there, I'll come to you and see who else wants to come." 

*Everyone currently associated with the Jets who hopes to catch a pass this year immediately heads to Florida* 

@14 in Green: nice job by Breshad Perriman to put this all together. 

Exactly.

There are at least 12 Jet who live in Florida.  6 from the Gators alone.  Florida, compared to Cali is a free state as far as the virus is concerned.  It just makes sense to have the team do  workouts in  Florida.

It also makes sense that Darnold was the guy who made the calls to the skill positions players to put this together.  Who cares what Perriman thinks

If NJ has "distanceing rules in place in July, I won't be stunned to see camp be held in Florida

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

in related news, they all go to the strip club at night  but ball up the singles and throw them from 6 feet away 
 

no no I joke, 

Sam Darnold's an epidemologist right? Oh no wait I was reading his wikipedia page too fast he's actually a dirty dirtbox who gets mono when society isn't SHUT DOWN
 

to summarize all of the team's assets are in FLORIDA, conducting unsupervised practices

this will all turn out splendidly 

the upside is at least J&J knows where they can run their next human trial for the vaccine

Sam's cooking up some hot batches as we speak 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Exactly.

There are at least 12 Jet who live in Florida.  6 from the Gators alone.  Florida, compared to Cali is a free state as far as the virus is concerned.  It just makes sense to have the team do  workouts in  Florida.

It also makes sense that Darnold was the guy who made the calls to the skill positions players to put this together.  Who cares what Perriman thinks

If NJ has "distanceing rules in place in July, I won't be stunned to see camp be held in Florida

Sam is probably already in talks with the Jets organization about when and where he will organize this years training camp.

If we just give him some time to contact everyone on the team, medical staff and food services, he will probably make an announcement shortly.

😜

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets quarterback Sam Darnold is not waiting until training camp to get in some on-field work with his teammates. 

Darnold has organized workouts with Jets skill players at the end of this week in South Florida, according to sources. 

The workouts will take place at Bommarito Performance Systems in Aventura, Fla., on Friday and Saturday. Most of the Jets wide receivers, running backs and tight ends are expected to join Darnold. Running back Le’Veon Bell trains at Bommarito regularly and lives nearby, which may have played a role in how the makeshift camp ended up there.

Bell is expected to take part in the workouts as well as newly signed running back Frank Gore. Wide receivers Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims and Breshad Perriman are expected to be there, as well as tight end Chris Herndon, who missed most of last season. Darnold has not worked before with Gore, Mims or Perriman, who are all new additions to the team. Only players currently rehabbing from injury are not expected to make the trip, such as backup quarterback Joe Flacco and tight end Ryan Griffin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...