The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

1 minute ago, MaxAF said:

My analysis of this whole situation.

1. I don’t believe any NFL team is willing to pay 20 million for a safety even if he was the best safety in the league. 
Eddie Jackson is getting 14.6M

Kevin Byard is at 14.5M

2. The Jets are holding all of Adam’s cards. He’s under contract. If he chooses to hold out his value goes down IMO. He should Honor the contract, play with the greatness he thinks he has and the money will come, but not 20M/ yr.

3. He’s becoming a problem child with all his disgruntled crying. Isn’t he the captain of the Defense? Not the kind of leadership that I would follow.

4. If he holds out or plays with a bad attitude, it’s a lose-lose situation for him either way. 

5. Jets should sit down and talk about a possible future contract based on his performance this season. If he wants money now, that’s his problem not the Jets. Keep him (which they more than likely will) and sign him to a long term contract at the end of the season or put him on the market and get what they can for him. The timing is not there for Trading him now, unless some team makes an offer JD can’t refuse, but I don’t see that happening.

I don’t think the market for Adams is that hot.  Part of it is the cap next year going down at least 20% no one wants to pay $15 million per year for an overrated box safety

After watching this video regarding Jamal's trade request recently by Rich Cimini, it struck me as Jamal is saying indirectly that he is willing to play on his rookie contract this year if it's on a contender, otherwise he is going to need to be PAID to keep his Prez Brand with the no playoffs in the last decade Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t think the market for Adams is that hot.  Part of it is the cap next year going down at least 20% no one wants to pay $15 million per year for an overrated box safety

It’s not!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

After watching this video regarding Jamal's trade request recently by Rich Cimini, it struck me as Jamal is saying indirectly that he is willing to play on his rookie contract this year if it's on a contender, otherwise he is going to need to be PAID to keep his Prez Brand with the no playoffs in the last decade Jets.

Well he’s already on a contender so problem solved

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s fake news. 

9D85FA94-6D30-4765-883D-C7AA5F2A1641.png

Thank God. This chits been crazy lately. Jets should sign that kid that beat the hell out of that manager of Macys in Michigan. That dude hits way harder than Jamal, but we'd have to wait for him to get out of jail.

14 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s just amazing to me how few of you want to see this end up with Adams remaining a Jet. Its like he’s the first athlete you’ve ever heard of being in a contract dispute.

The guy is the best player on the team, why wouldn’t you want this to end up with him and Douglas working this thing out?

It's really simple.... putting it nicely, It's because we find him to be unlikeable and don't want to root for him.

There are contract disputes and then there is acting like Queen D***he of D***heland.

I'm fine with a contract dispute if it's warranted. 

Many people are acting like he is getting UDFA money when in reality his rookie deal pays out $22.25 million over 4 years. 

That's a nice chunk in a  rookie deal, but it's not good enough for Jamallpro.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, jetstream23 said:

This.  The Jets are in charge.  They can wait until a November trade deadline and then some team on the cusp of competing for a Super Bowl that sees Jamal putting them over the top will come calling.  If the 4-5 Jets get a phone call from the 6-3 Cowboys or the 7-2 Packers who are "all in" on a Super Bowl this year then the price will be high for the player AND the Jets will have a much better idea of where the Draft picks being returned will sit (ex. later than 20th in those situations).

Douglas should kick back and bide his time until Bill O’Brien comes calling around the deadline, trailing the titans and colts

• Upvote 2

I think his approach is ‘turd’, in middle of contract bad mouthing team, saying other teams are where he would rather be and praising our division rival. I have no issue with a star wanting a new deal but while under contract it should be all business & not be anti-team

I never loved Revis always holding out but he always kept it at the contract business whether never started listing teams you want to play for or bad mouthing organization because he was still under contract. He wasn’t free agent able to say whatever he wanted cause he may stay

Adams will be shocked if he all of sudden walks it back@says he’s a Jet and he wants to bring them a Super Bowl & hopes that contract can be worked out. What would happen ASAP is 1-Fan Love starts coming back, 2-Douglas signs him as soon as it makes sense from team cap and tax structure.

Hard for JD to give big$ when Adams is publicly crapping on you. 

But whatever,,,, we are the Jets,,make that jets 

New York Jets - quickmeme

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to think McLendon has been around long enough, and is smart enough to keep his mouth out of Adams' pocket.

I'd also like to think (hope) this was meant for the entire team, not just one player. If it wasn't, it is incredibly stupid on his part to go against another teammate like this.

[mention=5532]Matt39[/mention] [mention=9582]T0mShane[/mention]
04A94148-B068-43F0-B75E-A347E56D6CDD.thumb.png.cb196ac8f79a9dae4e6f76e22919c445.png
I'll leave it at that.  I don't think I need to come out and explicitly say anymore lol.
Only think I would add is ... Get a proofreader man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Adams has basically said to the public that his current teammates are losers and he doesn't want to play with them because he thinks that they are losers.  It's not like that's an isolated thing from Jamal either.  He's publicly b*tched about the quality of his teammates twice now. 

McLendon, unlike Adams, is the real leader in that locker room and is just calling it like he sees it.  If Jamal didn't want to be looked at like an a**clown, he shouldn't have acted like one.

Mr “2 picks in 3 years both against horrible qbs” is too good to be on the same roster as Sam and Leveon Bell

On 6/18/2020 at 4:58 PM, DLJ said:

Well you’ll all get what you want. Congratulations.

Talk about deflection of responsibility.

Let's be clear:  the fans played no role whatsoever in Jamal Adams wanting to leave the Jets.  None.

He doesn't care about you, no matter how much you Fanboi for him.  He cares about himself, and himself only.  Not you.  Not us.  Not the Jets.

So please, spare us the petulant deflection here.  Wanna be mad?  Be mad at Jamal, he's the only one taking action to "get what he wanted".

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...