gase is such a clown

kmnj

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

I wasn't proven wrong, and they just aren't contracts. He said Gore had more touches than Drake, and I said that was misleading because Gore averaged more touches per game.

While Gore is solid, he also has a low ceiling. This is a common complaint against Gore on all his former teams the last few years. Last year showed that Drake had a high ceiling and wasn't used enough. Gore was starting over singletary in Buffalo, but it was clear that Singletary was better.

Jordan Phillips wasn't a contract issue.

Jawaun James wasn't a contract issue.

The reported meeting with Gore, Cameron Wake, and Kenny Stills with ownership wasn't a contract issue.

If I give you Ajayi in Philly, can I also give you all the other players who have shined with Gase gone? Probably doesn't fit your selective memory.

Ajayi had his best year by far under Gase.  He got 1 start and 70 carries with the Eagles the year he was traded.  Ajayi has been a complete bust in Philadelphia.  He's started 4 games in 2 and half years with a total of 125 carries.  Blunt completely outplayed him in the SB against NE. 

2 hours ago, jetophile said:

Welcome to the land of collective schizophrenia and selective amnesia. Bell sat out an entire year before coming here because he held out and also because he hated crash dummy Roethlisrapist so much and now he's John Wayne in 'The Quiet Man', hahaha. I dare anyone to look up the plot of that movie and not laugh and marvel at the uncanny powers of symbolism in a parallel universe that I possess. 

Oh, fine, I'll do it for you. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quiet_Man

In this alternate reality, who is Michaeleen? T0mShane or SAR????

5 hours ago, jacarter220 said:

I understand, and appreciate that... But this thread is about Gase. The title of the thread is "Gase is such a clown".

If this were a thread about CB depth, or some random topic, then the Gase comment would be from left field. But this thread is about the OP's obvious disdain for Gase.

Not really. It's about Gase's decision to bench Bell briefly to avoid a hamstring problem and Bell's reaction to that. The OP obviously wants to use ANY excuse to bad-mouth Gase and the other poster joined in to the party. But in the end this thread is only about the current decision to keep Bell from practicing due to concern about his hamstring. It's not about Gase's tenure as the coach of the Dolphins.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

bell wants to play and be a workhouse-gase wants him gone-making up claims that bell is hurt when bell himself said NOTHING is wrong with him

Jesus, enough. How long is this idiotic attempt to trash Gase going to continue. It's asinine and factually wrong. Gase has the right as a head coach to decide if he's going to rest a player -- any player. Period. Bell may not like it, but so what. Tie some tennis balls to his ankles. That's what real coaches in Pee Wee do.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Sure, your logic would work if there weren't several players on the Dolphins who played better with less talent around them.

Like who? Parker? The outside WR is not a focal point of Gase's offense.  The slot is though.  That's why Landry played better under Gase then any other time in his career. 

No.  Jerry Glanville was a clown.  Adam Gase does pretend at being an actual coach most of the time.  I hate when we get so obsessed with the mudslinging and the Greek tragedy (puts up happy/sad masks) that is supposed to be the Nfl... that we forget that it's just football.  If he doesn't work out we'll find somebody else.  Stop obsessing about a guy who hasn't had a normal human emotional response since probably his college graduation.

• Upvote 1

Gase is trash but there's honestly not a coach in the world who's winning 8 games with this roster. I really don't people appreciate how bad it is. It was poor before our two best players left - It's another level of poverty now. The reports from camp of the first team struggling really shouldn't surprise anyone. There's so little proven NFL quality on the team and a lot more proven failures. 

We need about 20 different players to unexpectedly over-perform to be even competitive. I genuinely feel bad for Darnold - Guy has been as bad a situation as you could find to start his NFL career. He's going to have to play out of his skin or people will be looking to move on, especially as a shot at Lawrence is looking more and more possible.

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2020 at 5:42 PM, hamat711 said:

I think you are dismissing the tweets too quickly.

There are three tweets and in one Bell alluded to his Hamstring being tight because he wasn't getting reps.

Also like I said in my post, the coach helps establish the culture. Even if the front office is making the decision, the coach still helped create the framework.

This also seems to happen to frequently with his teams.

i'm sure bell wants to get into the games.  that's a good thing but putting him only so that he has to play on one leg during the season is foolish.  i'll go with gase and the trainers on this one.

13 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Jesus, enough. How long is this idiotic attempt to trash Gase going to continue. It's asinine and factually wrong. Gase has the right as a head coach to decide if he's going to rest a player -- any player. Period. Bell may not like it, but so what. Tie some tennis balls to his ankles. That's what real coaches in Pee Wee do.

You know, you come here and one day Gase is being blamed for the injuries the team has had

The next its the players brought in that some dont like.  More likely that they dont know, blame Gase, the GM didnt make the trade

Then another day the same coach who is blamed for bringing someone in to lighten the load on a Bell or the WRs is now blamed for resting our starting RB who apparently at least felt something in his hammy.  Blame Gase for sitting him

I guess better than the guaranteed blame Gase would have received if Bell stayed in and tore his hammy. 

Waiting for the Gase caused the COVID-19 virus

10 hours ago, DLJ said:

Gase needs to be fired at the end of the season. He stinks

I wanted McCarthy.  Gase did one good thing which was throw Mac under the bus and get a competent GM here

If Woody has any brains he fires Gase after the next 1-6 start and makes Williams interim HC

• Upvote 2

You know, you come here and one day Gase is being blamed for the injuries the team has had
The next its the players brought in that some dont like.  More likely that they dont know, blame Gase, the GM didnt make the trade
Then another day the same coach who is blamed for bringing someone in to lighten the load on a Bell or the WRs is now blamed for resting our starting RB who apparently at least felt something in his hammy.  Blame Gase for sitting him
I guess better than the guaranteed blame Gase would have received if Bell stayed in and tore his hammy. 
Waiting for the Gase caused the COVID-19 virus

The complete lack of understanding last years roster situation and specifically offensive line situation is the culprit . Even the most clueless fan acknowledges this fact , but it’s mostly just an opener they use to say But Gase sucks anyway without actually grasping that winning 7 games was an absolute miracle . Same people likely predicted us to 7-8 wins or less anyway assuming we were healthy and that the line wasn’t the worst in the nfl . There’s plenty of reason to doubt Gase as a head coach especially when it comes to just being able to communicate with players but some of his accomplishments that get used against him are actually incredible when you look at what he’s been dealt . It’s ok for people to say “I’m not sold on Gase but let’s see” but instead they echo the jets hating world and just say “he sucks “ but never provide anything more then shotty reasoning

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

The complete lack of understanding last years roster situation and specifically offensive line situation is the culprit . Even the most clueless fan acknowledges this fact , but it’s mostly just an opener they use to say But Gase sucks anyway without actually grasping that winning 7 games was an absolute miracle . Same people likely predicted us to 7-8 wins or less anyway assuming we were healthy and that the line wasn’t the worst in the nfl . There’s plenty of reason to doubt Gase as a head coach especially when it comes to just being able to communicate with players but some of his accomplishments that get used against him are actually incredible when you look at what he’s been dealt . It’s ok for people to say “I’m not sold on Gase but let’s see” but instead they echo the jets hating world and just say “he sucks “ but never provide anything more then shotty reasoning

Good post! 

This is where I am with both Darnold and Gase. Sure, there are questions still about both of them, but the supporting cast was so bad last year before all the injuries that it makes it kinda hard to properly evaluate what they have. 

This year Gase had his somewhat hand-picked GM buying him some groceries. Not every problem is solved (by far), but there still should be genuine improvement. Becton, Mims, Perriman, Gore, Perine, McGovern, Herndon back... there’s both reason and room for improvement. 

• Sympathy 1

Good post! 

This is where I am with both Darnold and Gase. Sure, there are questions still about both of them, but the supporting cast was so bad last year before all the injuries that it makes it kinda hard to properly evaluate what they have. 

This year Gase had his somewhat hand-picked GM buying him some groceries. Not every problem is solved (by far), but there still should be genuine improvement. Becton, Mims, Perriman, Gore, Perine, McGovern, Herndon back... there’s both reason and room for improvement. 

What Darnold has done in his first two years is an even bigger miracle than winning 7 games last year lol . I wasn’t a huge darnold guy on draft day but mostly due to scouting reports concerning carelessness with the football . I wanted Baker on draft day, couldn’t believe the browns drafted him. I still think Baker is going to be very good especially this year with the moves the browns made but if we could redo the draft tomorrow, I’d take Darnold . I wasn’t even aware of how big a deal something like pocket awareness and movement was until watching him , first time I’ve seen a jets qb possess this skill at an elite level . Darnold has not only NOT made an absolute fool of himself given two bottom 3 offensive lines , the worst collection of wide receivers , 1 year of Todd Bowles , 2 new systems and a case of mono but has actually held his own and then some . I remember in his rookie year we went to Chicago , best and most respected defense in the league by far at that point with Mack just on a kill the qb tear , and his starting receivers for the day were Deontay Burnett the UDFA rookie and rishard Matthews who was suiting up with the team for the first time . A Nathan peterman type game with 6ints and complete meltdown would have been acceptable but he held his own . The rest of his career hasn’t been any different . Now with the offensive line being built , mims , a healthy Herndon , a ton of upcoming draft picks and the first GM I’m I have full faith in in my lifetime , Darnold can start to get some protection , some run support , build chemistry with the wide outs . I can’t imagine how good he can look with some of these very basic and necessary things for an nfl qb given that he’s looked great at times with 0 of those things . We have to hope Gase succeeds this year to keep up the continuity , we’re finally building , NO MORE SETBACKS!