With Week 1 behind us we're moving on to a San Francisco team that's pissed off and needs a punching bag after a home loss today.

jetstream23

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Joe Douglas said a week ago that the Jets were pissed because of what the media predicted they'd be this season.  Then those pissed off Jets went out and proved the media correct in Buffalo.

And now the fans are pissed off

All pointing to how ridiculous it is to think getting pissed will lead to wins. 

Anyone who thought the Jets were going to go out and beat the much more talented Bills team should be pissed at themselves

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

IF SF is pissed and looking to beat someone up, shouldn't the Jets be at least as pissed?

If we lose that wont be the reason, that theyre the better team, with more talent will be the reason why

The Jets ARE as pissed and they very much want to do something about it or win while executing their game plan flawlessly. The trouble with that idea is two reasons:

1) The Jets do NOT have the talent necessary to take advantage of being pissed. You cannot draft as badly as the Jets have and expect better results.

2) The coaching is NOT good enough. I have no problem with defense or ST. Sure, they had a poor game just like everyone else but the respective coaches for those units WILL get things right. They're both accomplished professionals. The OFFENSE is what I'm talking about coached by a HC that everyone is beginning to question. He's supposed to be an offensive guru and meanwhile our offense is no better than Jets circa 2014.

That's the Jets biggest issues right now and that's why the Jets are almost guaranteed 0-2. Sure, they have a chance but it's going to take them a miracle.

Jet fans are such pussies. 49ers aren't even as good as the Bills & especially with their injuries. 

Samuel, Kittle, Bruckner, I'm sure I'm missing a few. 

Just need Sam to hit those open WRs this week. Bills secondary is better than the Niners & I think Herndon shakes off the rust this week. RBs diner take 2/3 yard losses like Bell does. Toughen up buttercups. 

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Woodys been away 4 years and Macc was fired last years.  

Its tine to let go, lol

Say what? Macc’s stench still persists through the air. JD has had one draft, one FA to put his stamp on the Jets.  It will be a few years before JD can eradicate the poisonous venom caused by Macc’s influence. And Woody IS the owner. Period. It all starts and ends with him. 

Punching bag, huh. "I'll be your punching bag (said like Val Kilmer in 'Tombstone'/ I'll be your huckleberry scene). I actually practiced that a few times before posting it just to get it right. "I'll be your punching bag. I'LLLllll be your punnnnchhhing bag. I'll be yaw punchin' bag." See?

p320683b.jpg

J-E-T . .  . no? OK. : /

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Say what? Macc’s stench still persists through the air. JD has had one draft, one FA to put his stamp on the Jets.  It will be a few years before JD can eradicate the poisonous venom caused by Macc’s influence. And Woody IS the owner. Period. It all starts and ends with him. 

Say what?  I said hes fired and gone.  I dont harp on it, we got what we wanted.

Woody has had nothing to do with he Jets in the last 4 years.  Chris owns the team also.  The Woody excuse is old and doesnt fit 

On 9/14/2020 at 8:39 AM, Sammybighead said:

0% chance we can win this. 

Imagine we ended up with Kingsbury? Would be great to have a coach that understands how to score points.

Traveling across country to play a 1 PM game is never easy, doubly so in these days of Covid-19. Don't be surprised if the Jets  pull this upset.

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The only possible good news for us is that we stop the run well - the bad news is that I’m not sure our offense will get more than 5 first downs all game. 

So yea, we are going to get smashed 

I was thinking this as well.  Gregg Williams has done a good job preparing against the running game.  Outside of Josh Allen the Bills had a hard time rushing the ball with their 2 RBs.  The glimmer of hope here on D is that Garropolo is not the runner that Josh Allen is, and even though SF has one of the best running games in the league (scheme + FB + a group of good RBs including Mostert, McKinnon, etc.) I do think GW will "lean into" the run and would rather have the D lose in the passing game than get run on all day.

• Upvote 1