Jump to content
jetstream23

Brian Schottenheimer?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think Schotty would be a better HC than an OC and a much much better HC than Gase!!

My dog could outcoach Gase

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I would take him over Gase tomorrow.

Has as much to do with Wilson as Gase did with Peyton Manning

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Maybe we should try 2 head coaches.

lol

Chris Johnson is "owning where ownership is going."  He sees the future.  #Innovation

The Jets announce a new, revolutionary organization structure where they have 2 Head Coaches.  One is for Offense, the other is for more Offense.  Joe Douglas reports to the second Head Coach and all three, if it was last year, would have reported to Jamal Adams.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol shotty his offenses were terrible. Now he is not sh*t. I don't really get it. One of the best and helps.

Kind of like Gase and manning I guess

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Like most coaches, give him good players and suddenly they know how to coach.

Russell Wilson solves a lot of problems for a team.  Give him Chris Carson, DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett and then you see things like last night against a good NE defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schittyheimer???  I think we have all gone completely nuts.  Schittyheimer has as much to do with the Seahawks success as I do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Like most coaches, give him good players and suddenly they know how to coach.

Gets Mark Sanchez to not one but two AFC Championship Games, isn't a good offensive coordinator.

Oh, wait....I get it.  Sanchez carried Schottenheimer to those 4 playoff wins, got it.

SAR I

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gets Mark Sanchez to not one but two AFC Championship Games, isn't a good offensive coordinator.

Oh, wait....I get it.  Sanchez carried Schottenheimer to those 4 playoff wins, got it.

SAR I

I agree with you. I never thought he was a problem.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Russell Wilson solves a lot of problems for a team.  Give him Chris Carson, DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett and then you see things like last night against a good NE defense.

He got us to two AFC Championship games with a rookie QB. I never thought he was a bad OC. Obviously its easy to be an OC with the talent he has at Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think Schotty would be a better HC than an OC and a much much better HC than Gase!!

I think if Schotty had been named HC instead of Gase we wouldn't look like this!

First and foremost players LIKE SCHOTTY... He is an EXCELLENT communicator.

And for the record I hated Schotty as OC, way to complicated but he was way better than this!!

Uggggggg

Yup. Schotty has the personality and leadership traits to be a good HC, if he is prepared to let someone else call plays on O.

He missed his chance when he was a hot name early in his Jets' career, but he might still get another shot off the back of the Seahawks' successes.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Maybe we should try 2 head coaches.

 

Look, it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the popes?

5bf321c148eb12123d3afb94?width=1100&form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yup. Schotty has the personality and leadership traits to be a good HC, if he is prepared to let someone else call plays on O.

He missed his chance when he was a hot name early in his Jets' career, but he might still get another shot off the back of the Seahawks' successes.

Did he call that pass at the end of the Super Bowl that was intercepted by Butler?

(Incidentally, I was sitting at that end of the field during the Super Bowl.  The utter disbelief on the faces of Seahawks fans after that play was something I've never seen in my life.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Look, it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the popes?

5bf321c148eb12123d3afb94?width=1100&form

2 is better than 1, elementary like Watson!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take Schotty.

In all the years I have rooted for this team, this is the first time I have felt things were completely hopeless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Did he call that pass at the end of the Super Bowl that was intercepted by Butler?

(Incidentally, I was sitting at that end of the field during the Super Bowl.  The utter disbelief on the faces of Seahawks fans after that play was something I've never seen in my life.)

That was Darrell Bevell. He was a hot HC candidate himself until that one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Did he call that pass at the end of the Super Bowl that was intercepted by Butler?

(Incidentally, I was sitting at that end of the field during the Super Bowl.  The utter disbelief on the faces of Seahawks fans after that play was something I've never seen in my life.)

I have. I was at Met Life when Decker caught the overtime TD against the Pats. I was surrounded  by Pats fans. The look on their faces was priceless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This pains me far more than I'd like to admit typing this because I was one of Schotty's harshest critics but that Christopher Johnson quote about "coaching to where the game is going" could really apply here. At the time, I hated all of the pre-snap shifts and sometimes odd lineups that we would throw out there because they seemed to cause a lot of false starts and illegal formation penalties but look at what a lot of other teams are doing now? 

The play last night where he had the WR in the backfield directly led to that wide open receiver and first down to chew up game clock. When was the last time Gase drew up a play that led a WR to be wide open? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always underrated here and he's doing a great job in Seattle.  Another example of why we don't deserve to win as the fans and media ran him out of town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...