I guarantee Joe Flacco will start week 4

30 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

Actually, if you think about it, that's the reason Gase left Miami. He didn't want to coach a rebuild/tank. He bitched himself out of a job there. Is it possible he just doesn't want to do that here ?

That’s really the big question.

I’ve been under the impression he was very much a part of the rebuild plan...and understood this roster was garbage and was bunkered down for a bad season.  Completely convinced he wasn’t going anywhere.  

Now, three things could be...

1) I was completely wrong about this - He wasn’t part of the plan and played good soldier, not complaining and worked hard to win.  And is now doing everything he can do hold on to his job.  I’m still having a hard time believing that.

2) Things have gotten so bad, so fast and the pressure is so big that even though he was assured he would be back - ownership might fold to pressure and be forced to let him go.

3) This is all BS, just trying to appease the fan base and he actually isn’t going anywhere.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Flacco was an insurance policy for a competitive team if Darnold went down for a few games. There's literally zero reason for him to start any games this season.

Too soon to put James Morgan in. Gase needs steady play from the quarterback position. Flacco can provide that. If your in tank mode you want Darnold to remain the starter. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

week 4 for us is in 3 days.  No way he puts Flacco out  there.

Frankly, I want the Jets to be thoroughly embarrassed and hosed on Thursday.  I want Gase fired.  I hope the entire team plays like sht, IOW as badly as they have in the first 3 games.

Something like 31 -3 should do it.

IOW?  I'm not down with what the means. It sounds like me watching a Jets game, though. "I . . . owwwww." : /  Oh, wait, wait! In other words. It's almost noon, where's the coffee.

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Adam Gase will not go down without a fight.

That would insure he gets fired. Y'all alarmist Jets fans have dismissed Darnold as a bust, but the organization will definitely value Darnold over Gase. Bowles tried that with Sam his rookie year and it contributed to him getting fired. 

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

WTF are you talking about...  how further south can you got than worst rated passer in the NFL?

You simply DO NOT bench your young QB when the offense is a complete and utter shambles around him. You hate Darnold we all get it, but you think he should perform at a very high level regardless of weapons. And please do not give me the Brady BS. If Sam had 5-6 seconds on every pass play to throw his performance would be improved dramatically. You simply do not bench a potential FQB when

1. #1 Outside Receiver out

2. #2 Outside WR out

3. #3 Outside WR out

4. #1 Slot WR out

5. Center out

6. RG out

7. Losing LT early in the game

I mean, come on. 

Now the reality is that not only is it super difficult to have any success in this situation but he is also being destroyed by his OC and DC. The offensive scheme is literally the worst one we have ever had, and we have had some really bad OCs. 

About a third or more of our plays are just middle taps and lead draws, which are consistenty ineefective.

We do not use motion, and when we do it's usually just to run the ball.  Motion lets you determine the defensive set. Darnold is not a 15 year veteran like Favre or Manning that can figure defenses out from a static look.

We do not use play action.

We never throw deep. Look at last night's game, Rodgers threw deep over and over and most were well off the mark (Jets fans would have killed him for not being "accurate") but it did not let them stack the box and opened the entire playbook.

We almost never go into hurry up which Sam is good at. He would actually be good in the old Buffalo style offense.

Sam is still an elite prospect. Gase is an even worse hire than Kotite. 

Jets should not abandon Sam, they should change his support structure. Brees and Tannehill are examples of QBs that thrived once they go the right support.

58 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That would insure he gets fired. Y'all alarmist Jets fans have dismissed Darnold as a bust, but the organization will definitely value Darnold over Gase. Bowles tried that with Sam his rookie year and it contributed to him getting fired. 

He just posted a QB rating under 50 for the 5th time in his career.

"Alarmist".  lol.  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He just posted a QB rating under 50 for the 5th time in his career.

"Alarmist".  lol.  

Lo see this is why you need to have perspective on Sam. Let's compare him to Drew Brees (lifetime leader in almost every stat)

First two years (AFTER a red shirt year)

2002: 2 games under 50, a game under 60 https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2580/type/nfl/year/2002

2003 3 games under 50, 2 additional over 60 only 1 game over 90 67.5 for the year https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2580/type/nfl/year/2003

2004 (Breakout year) STILL 2 games under 50, but 104 rating for the year.

Brees is a "momentum" QB. What helped Brees was easing into games. Payton almost always does this with simple passes early. He did not on Monday and Brees struggled.

Reality suggests that it is INSANE to think that Sam is a bust at this point.

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lo see this is why you need to have perspective on Sam.

Nah, see, its YOUR perspective that is flawed, and this is why:  You don't have the ability to see the big picture here because you're having an emotional response to a logical argument.

Sam Darnold was a very flawed prospect from the start.  It is not a big surprise that he didn't work out. 

All that other stuff you just posted is window dressing in a feeble attempt to argue against a larger point:  He just isn't very good, and never was.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetlaw said:

Flaaco is coming back from a serious neck injury. To put him behind this offensive line wouldn’t be fair. Roll with Darnold one more game. Fire Gase. Let interim coach decide after that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I definitely see your point.  I was in favor of starting Flacco in week 5 if Sam could not beat a 0-3 Denver team, but if Flacco could get hurt with that neck injury I would not want that.  Curious to see if team responds to fight for Gase to keep his job on Thursday night.  We all need to recognize that Sam has some ownership in this mess.