So when does Jabari Zuniga emerge from the Bermuda Triangle and did the Jets know at the draft?

jetscrazey

It’s weird how little we’ve heard about this guy.  Hasn’t even practiced yet and his team needs him, there’s no edge rush right now.

Don’t tell me Douglas spent a 3rd round pick on damaged goods.  If it was a 5th i could maybe tolerate this but this is a Maccagnan-like mistake.  Douglas needed to draft players who could make an impact now. 

58 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

It’s weird how little we’ve heard about this guy.  Hasn’t even practiced yet and his team needs him, there’s no edge rush right now.

Don’t tell me Douglas spent a 3rd round pick on damaged goods.  If it was a 5th i could maybe tolerate this but this is a Maccagnan-like mistake.  Douglas needed to draft players who could make an impact now. 

Could have gotten a starting Center with that pick. 

• Upvote 1

He's never, ever healthy.  It's plagued him since his freshman year.  He's the guy that even if he is healthy, will be on the injury report all week and a game time decision.   He fits the athletic profile of a pass rusher, better than anyone we've taken in years but what does it matter if he cant get on the field and yet ofcourse there are handful of players that were available that fit a need and could have hit the ground running.  Duvernay, Edwards, Cushenberry, Kindely, Simpson, etc. 

Ashtyn Davis too, Mr. Adams replacement.  The D is dogsh*t and he cant even get on the field.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

He was placed on IR to start the year so couldn't practice until this week. 

The Gase Curse - the unusual, inexplicable, unexplainable situation where the teams coached by Adam Gase suffer an inordinate amopunt of "bad luck" in player health, up to an including being amongst the most injured teams in the NFL with the most time lost to kep players to injury or other causes.  Despite difference years, teams and players, the Gase Curse abides.

If he had been a guy capable of staying healthy in college, he would have been a mid-late 1st round pick.  He's an athletic freak and is exactly the type of player you target when you're looking for an EDGE rusher.

His injury concerns were baked into his value when we took him in the 3rd round.  You can obviously argue we should have let someone else take him and get frustrated by his lack of availability.  But at least he wasn't an athletic slug like the guys Maccagnan took, who never had a shot at being any good from the start.

Very interested to see if he can get on the field this week and what he can contribute.  We haven't had an EDGE rusher in 15 years.  

• Upvote 2