Mims?

JTJet

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Reports are saying he wants to be traded. His agent gave the Jets a list of 29 teams he's interested in. 

^^Probably trolling.

But I remember he didn't seem at all excited when we drafted him. In fact, I'd even say he look "disheartened".

So, this is probably true.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^Probably trolling.

But I remember he didn't seem at all excited when we drafted him. In fact, I'd even say he look "disheartened".

So, this is probably true.

Smart kid. I changed my mind. I like him now.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

Au contraire. The wise GM doesn't prioritize those auxiliary pieces until you have a QB worth building around. Great weaponz can enhance a great QB's greatness, but they can not turn a turd into a primrose.

You can't find out if your QB is any good without giving him help.  Good offenses have a good QB, weapons and protection.  There are few exceptions.

4 minutes ago, adb280z said:

You can't find out if your QB is any good without giving him help.  Good offenses have a good QB, weapons and protection.  There are few exceptions.

Disagree that you need laboratory conditions to know if a guy is worth building around, or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, adb280z said:

His numbers suck.  I don't know if he's any good.  The Jets haven't helped him at all.  No NFL QB would be successful on this Jets team.  Weapons matter.  Protection matters.  Scheme matters.  The Jets have none of the things that help a QB.  That's not a defense of Darnold, it's just stating the obvious.

You’re not wrong, although not sure it matters TBH. Jets are going to get a top 2 pick. They will be in a position to take Lawrence or Fields. Even if they believe Sam might have the tools to succeed in a better situation, they have to take a new QB and ride that 5 year rookie deal. Don’t see another choice.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You’re not wrong, although not sure it matters TBH. Jets are going to get a top 2 pick. They will be in a position to take Lawrence or Fields. Even if they believe Sam might have the tools to succeed in a better situation, they have to take a new QB and ride that 5 year rookie deal. Don’t see another choice.

Absolutely, they have to start again.  Just saying if they surround Lawrence or Field with a comparable amount of talent that they gave to Darnold we will be going through this again in 3 years.  No one could be successful in this environment.

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

no...you are completely wrong until proven otherwise

Negative. 

He has not played an nfl snap, nor had more than 3 practices and we are a quarter done with the season. With this team's track record he does not get the benefit of the doubt. 

Factually speaking, he has NOT done a single thing to prove he will be good but he HAS done things to prove he wont be.

And since you will argue that... go ahead, tell me something he has done so far to prove he is legit in the NFL. I'll wait. 

• WTF? 1

36 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Absolutely, they have to start again.  Just saying if they surround Lawrence or Field with a comparable amount of talent that they gave to Darnold we will be going through this again in 3 years.  No one could be successful in this environment.

They will automatically have better talent because they will have Becton and Mims on the team already.  I know Mims hasn'tplayed but from what I have seen of the rookie receivers so far, I think Mims will be right up there with the best of them once he gets comfortable.   Plus unlike with Sam where we had traded away assets just to move up and get him, we already have another first round pick this year and plenty of cap space.   I know all the injuries are very disappointing but I do believe JD drafted some talented players and hopefully they can get on the field this year and get some quality PT and be ready to ball out next year.  Lawrence or Fields will be coming into a much better situation than Sam did.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, adb280z said:

His numbers suck.  I don't know if he's any good.  The Jets haven't helped him at all.  No NFL QB would be successful on this Jets team.  Weapons matter.  Protection matters.  Scheme matters.  The Jets have none of the things that help a QB.  That's not a defense of Darnold, it's just stating the obvious.

When you add this to the fact that he is only 23 and occasionally makes specular plays, I am personally terrified that he will turn into a stud with his next team. 

However, if we are really going 2-14 or 3-13 and get a chance to take a top QB prospect, we basically have to do it. I have always liked Darnold as a prospect, but he is running out of time here. Without a dramatic turnaround this season, I can't imagine him on the team next year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

They will automatically have better talent because they will have Becton and Mims on the team already.  I know Mims hasn'tplayed but from what I have seen of the rookie receivers so far, I think Mims will be right up there with the best of them once he gets comfortable.   Plus unlike with Sam where we had traded away assets just to move up and get him, we already have another first round pick this year and plenty of cap space.   I know all the injuries are very disappointing but I do believe JD drafted some talented players and hopefully they can get on the field this year and get some quality PT and be ready to ball out next year.  Lawrence or Fields will be coming into a much better situation than Sam did.  

I have been high on Mims for a long time and was very excited that we drafted him. 

I really can't wait to see him on the field. 

Of course, as soon as he's finally healthy, Darnold gets hurt and we'll probably be watching Flacoo throw to him a week from now. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have been high on Mims for a long time and was very excited that we drafted him. 

I really can't wait to see him on the field. 

Of course, as soon as he's finally healthy, Darnold gets hurt and we'll probably be watching Flacoo throw to him a week from now. 

Flacco or Morgan. I'm okay with it because I have mentally moved on from Darnold and don't think he is in the teams future.   My main interest is in seeing how our 2020 draft class performs and develops.  If we finish with 3 wins or less, most likely they will be looking to take another Quarterback, Lawrence, Fields or perhaps someone else who emerges out of nowhere, (like Burrow last year).    The Darnold era may be rapidly closing; enjoy it while it lasts... 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Negative. 

He has not played an nfl snap, nor had more than 3 practices and we are a quarter done with the season. With this team's track record he does not get the benefit of the doubt. 

Factually speaking, he has NOT done a single thing to prove he will be good but he HAS done things to prove he wont be.

And since you will argue that... go ahead, tell me something he has done so far to prove he is legit in the NFL. I'll wait. 

This might be one of the strangest posts I've seen all day. What HAS he done too prove that he will not be good?

With your reasoning Aaron Rogers was a bust for three years. Then all of the sudden he wasn't and became one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

Mims is hurt, it's as simple as that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, RobR said:

This might be one of the strangest posts I've seen all day. What HAS he done too prove that he will not be good?

With your reasoning Aaron Rogers was a bust for three years. Then all of the sudden he wasn't and became one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

Mims is hurt, it's as simple as that.

Having constant injuries and never seeing the field translates into no production. No production translates into not being good. 

I still havent seen anyone list a reason he IS good. I'm still waiting. 

As it stands currently, Mims is closer to a Devin Smith comparison than a Keyshawn Johnson comparison. Not sure how anyone can disagree with that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Having constant injuries and never seeing the field translates into no production. No production translates into not being good. 

I still havent seen anyone list a reason he IS good. I'm still waiting. 

As it stands currently, Mims is closer to a Devin Smith comparison than a Keyshawn Johnson comparison. Not sure how anyone can disagree with that. 

We're four games into his rookie season and he got hurt during the most freakish offseason in NFL history. He never had an injury history in college besides a broken hand.

No one can list why he "IS" good because he's hurt, BUT anyone can give you a 100 reasons why he WILL be good.

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

We're four games into his rookie season and he got hurt during the most freakish offseason in NFL history. He never had an injury history in college besides a broken hand.

No one can list why he "IS" good because he's hurt, BUT anyone can give you a 100 reasons why he WILL be good.

That's my point. There are people just assuming he IS already good without any evidence to back it.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

There is evidence to back it up.....it's called his college career.

That's not neccesarily evidence he will be good in the NFL. 

Last time I checked Geno Smith had a good college career too. 

• Upvote 1