Have We Hit Rock Bottom?

55 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Playoff wins??? Is that a metric?  We are warm milk toast. Never a real threat to anyone.  Won more than 10 games once.  Below 500 in his tenure.  Yes, we are a bottom third franchise but I'm not running the numbers.  In basically 20 years, we've seen the playoffs 6 times and will have double digit losses again, that makes almost 50 percent of the time, we have double digit losses.

3rd longest playoff drought in the league, and that streak is about to end for at least one of the 2 teams ahead of us (Bucs, Browns), if not both.

That's about all that needs to be said on the matter.  No one cares that we won a few playoff games a decade ago.  What have you done for me lately?  I thought that was basically the mantra for NYC sports.  

• Upvote 2

The 4 total yards gained in the second half against the Bills the lowest amount in 40 years.  0-7.  Incompetent coach.  Incompetent CEO.  Absentee owner.  Even if we get the first pick, no assurance Trevor Lawrence will come out or play for the Jets.  Hard to believe a team in the Country's biggest market can be so rancid.  Still, the Jets might find a way to go lower.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3rd longest playoff drought in the league, and that streak is about to end for at least one of the 2 teams ahead of us (Bucs, Browns), if not both.

That's about all that needs to be said on the matter.  No one cares that we won a few playoff games a decade ago.  What have you done for me lately?  I thought that was basically the mantra for NYC sports.  

For me, I’ve never been impressed with Woody.  we’ve never had a good football man here under Woody. They all leave quickly or don’t interview.  His giving Chris the reigns is icing on the cake of utter stupidity.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TMAC said:

The 4 total yards gained in the second half against the Bills the lowest amount in 40 years.  0-7.  Incompetent coach.  Incompetent CEO.  Absentee owner.  Even if we get the first pick, no assurance Trevor Lawrence will come out or play for the Jets.  Hard to believe a team in the Country's biggest market can be so rancid.  Still, the Jets might find a way to go lower.

Don’t tell that to @nyjunc   He still believes in Woody. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I have had season tickets since 1991 when I was 11.  I thought that the 1996 season would be the worst that things could ever get.  Boy was I wrong.

I remember in 1995 and 1996 I was yelling for Leon Hess to sell the team.  I would take him back gladly if he were still alive.   

I never miss a home game and watch every game on TV.  These games aren’t even watchable.  In some way a favor was done for season ticketholders by not allowing fans.  I saw the Eagles are now alllowing 7,500 fans in the stands.  If the Jets started to allow that and fans now had to shell out the money now rather than back in April I’m not sure they draw 5,000 Covid or not.  

The Johnson brothers are incompetent buffoons who were born on third base and told the world they hit a triple.  Parcells set this organization up nicely for a while and then once the new stadium came in they became more focused on ticket sales and PSLs.  The past decade has been a disaster and a revolving door for coaches and GMs.  Why would Bienemy coach here when he can go to the Texans who have Watson and appears to not be ruined.  This organization can not find talent and more importantly develop talent.

The Jets are a cesspool and I’m not sure things improve for quite some time.  

Saw BTO at MSG in the 70’s. Classic Rock. 

• Sympathy 1

I've always thought that last season was probably the lowest I could feel? But the Jets, this season, created a new low. IMO, this is clearly the lowest any Jet fan could ever feel? There's NOTHING left to lose? There's no surprise in going 0-16, everyone already knows that's probable.

• Sympathy 1

On 10/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, southparkcpa said:

Playoff wins??? Is that a metric?  We are warm milk toast. Never a real threat to anyone.  Won more than 10 games once.  Below 500 in his tenure.  Yes, we are a bottom third franchise but I'm not running the numbers.  In basically 20 years, we've seen the playoffs 6 times and will have double digit losses again, that makes almost 50 percent of the time, we have double digit losses.

So you'd rather win a couple more regular season games than playoff games?  We had 3-4 legitimate super bowl contending teams and got within a game twice.

We never had back to back losing seasons while he was here.  Since Chris took over it's about to be 4 straight losing seasons.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Woody hasn't been around since 2016.  

On 10/27/2020 at 4:38 PM, southparkcpa said:

Don’t tell that to @nyjunc   He still believes in Woody. 

What does Woody have to do with what happened Sunday?  He hasn't been around the team since 2016.  We need him back.

I remember Jet fans wanting Terry Bradway gone in the worst way and they finally got their wish.  We've been atrocious every since.

I remember when they wanted Tannenbaum gone, since Mike has been gone we've been atrocious.

I remember they wanted schottenheimer gone, since then we've been atrocious.

Maybe they should stop listening to our fans?

On 10/28/2020 at 4:46 AM, NYJ1 said:

I've always thought that last season was probably the lowest I could feel? But the Jets, this season, created a new low. IMO, this is clearly the lowest any Jet fan could ever feel? There's NOTHING left to lose? There's no surprise in going 0-16, everyone already knows that's probable.

You thought winning 7 games after winning 14 total the 3 previous years was the lowest you could feel?  Huh?

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Woody hasn't been around since 2016.  

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

What does Woody have to do with what happened Sunday?  He hasn't been around the team since 2016.  We need him back.

I remember Jet fans wanting Terry Bradway gone in the worst way and they finally got their wish.  We've been atrocious every since.

I remember when they wanted Tannenbaum gone, since Mike has been gone we've been atrocious.

I remember they wanted schottenheimer gone, since then we've been atrocious.

Maybe they should stop listening to our fans?

This is Woody's team. His hiring of Chris is on him as is Idzik and Mac. The double digit losses under his watch, well below 500 etc. He is  not a businessman that should own a team. 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Herm was a good coach.  The only HC Woody hired that didn't make the playoffs was Todd Bowles

He's record in the NFL might mean he wasn't a good HC?  It might indicate that the Jets underperformed their talent?  Hard to say?  

While not a fan of Pennington's arm or durability, he was an elite level NFL QB when he was healthy. The Jets team he inherited had a good D with one of the most dominate defenders along with an elite QB.  They might have gone further with a better HC.  

I wasn't a fan of Herms when he was here.  I actually met Herm by accident in a gym in Vegas.  We had a long chat.  Very nice guy and no doubt the players loved him. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He's record in the NFL might mean he wasn't a good HC?  It might indicate that the Jets underperformed their talent?  Hard to say?  

While not a fan of Pennington's arm or durability, he was an elite level NFL QB when he was healthy. The Jets team he inherited had a good D with one of the most dominate defenders along with an elite QB.  They might have gone further with a better HC.  

I wasn't a fan of Herms when he was here.  I actually met Herm by accident in a gym in Vegas.  We had a long chat.  Very nice guy and no doubt the players loved him. 

He took over the Jets who made 1 playoff app in the previous 9 seasons and made 3 postseasons in 5 years here including the Jets second EVER AFC East title.  In KC they had made the playoffs once in their previous 8 seasons and he made it year 1.

Was he bill Parcells?  No but he was better than bill Belichick without Tom Brady.  He was a good, not great, HC.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I have had season tickets since 1991 when I was 11.  I thought that the 1996 season would be the worst that things could ever get.  Boy was I wrong.

I remember in 1995 and 1996 I was yelling for Leon Hess to sell the team.  I would take him back gladly if he were still alive.   

I never miss a home game and watch every game on TV.  These games aren’t even watchable.  In some way a favor was done for season ticketholders by not allowing fans.  I saw the Eagles are now alllowing 7,500 fans in the stands.  If the Jets started to allow that and fans now had to shell out the money now rather than back in April I’m not sure they draw 5,000 Covid or not.  

The Johnson brothers are incompetent buffoons who were born on third base and told the world they hit a triple.  Parcells set this organization up nicely for a while and then once the new stadium came in they became more focused on ticket sales and PSLs.  The past decade has been a disaster and a revolving door for coaches and GMs.  Why would Bienemy coach here when he can go to the Texans who have Watson and appears to not be ruined.  This organization can not find talent and more importantly develop talent.

The Jets are a cesspool and I’m not sure things improve for quite some time.  

we're on step 2.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

In all seriousness everyone wants Bienemy. I wanted him two years ago over Gase.  Why would he come here when he can go to a place like Houston where the QB doesn’t appear to be ruined?Everyone else says “Tank for Trevor.”   What’s time say he doesn’t pull an Eli and tell the Jets he won’t play for them if they select him?   Why would anyone wants to play for the Johnsons?  

Houston job is not a good job.   They have a QB, but they have cap problems, and no draft picks.

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Worse Jets season of my lifetime, thus far. 

(Worse than 1995 and 1996, primarily because this is year 3 of Darnold, a guy I really believed in when we drafted him)

Incredible that this is true considering the horrific seasons we have had to endure

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's easily the worst team of my fandom, but if there were ever a year to be the worst in the NFL this is it.

Bottoming out is really better than going 4-12 or 5-11 -- and frankly sucking when you have legit expectations is worse than sucking when you expect to suck.

Absolutely. 

No fans in the stands, COVID opt outs everywhere, random Tuesday games. Big QB prospect available in the draft. Four first round picks over the next two years. Definitely not the worst year to be 0-16/1-15. 

Still worried about us beating two of the Pats/Dolphins/Raiders/Chargers. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Absolutely. 

No fans in the stands, COVID opt outs everywhere, random Tuesday games. Big QB prospect available in the draft. Four first round picks over the next two years. Definitely not the worst year to be 0-16/1-15. 

Still worried about us beating two of the Pats/Dolphins/Raiders/Chargers. 

Exactly.

Zero fear of us beating the Pats. 

The other three there are small chances -- I have a weird feeling about that Chargers game. We shouldn't win but I could see Sam playing well for some reason.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Zero fear of us beating the Pats. 

Really? Have you watched the Pats? They look really, really bad. 

I agree with you about the Chargers. The reason that game scares me is that it is immediately following the bye, and if we do lose to the Pats next Monday night and are 0-9 at the bye, I think Gase still could get fired. This would set up the classic post-firing win that we saw from teams like Atlanta and Houston. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree with you about the Chargers. The reason that game scares me is that it is immediately following the bye, and if we do lose to the Pats next Monday night and are 0-9 at the bye, I think Gase still could get fired. This would set up the classic post-firing win that we saw from teams like Atlanta and Houston. 

The Pats offense looks really bad. Their defense is still pretty good and I just don't think our offense can score any points against a competent defense.

I also could see Cam looking dramatically better against our defense too -- he was fine the first two weeks, I think the Covid absence threw him off.

Maybe it's just my mentality as a Jets fan but the idea that an 0-8 team is going to beat Bill Belichick in prime time seems laughable. I think that's a 27-6 type game.

• Upvote 1

Early 2016 was definitely a low for me.  I knew with absolute certainty that we had a catastrophically incompetent GM, who had just pissed away a ton of money on bad contracts that would hinder us for years.  Our draft capital was not great, Fitz was our qb with no future franchise qb on the horizon and we weren’t getting rid of the old players who were just getting worse.  We were the Titanic hours before the inevitable sinking.

I knew we were years away from contention, and more time had just been wasted when we were in a good position to rebuild not two years prior.  

Now we are definitely much closer to rock bottom, but at least there’s a rebuild opportunity and I have confidence in our current GM.  I am getting more and more down on Sam though, who I really believed in.

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The pats are not good at all.  They lost to the Broncos who we played a competitive game against 

43 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Pats offense looks really bad. Their defense is still pretty good and I just don't think our offense can score any points against a competent defense.

I also could see Cam looking dramatically better against our defense too -- he was fine the first two weeks, I think the Covid absence threw him off.

Maybe it's just my mentality as a Jets fan but the idea that an 0-8 team is going to beat Bill Belichick in prime time seems laughable. I think that's a 27-6 type game.

Edelman is out probably for our first game with them.  Where is Cam throwing?

I would put 8 in the box and spy Cam all night long.