Joe Douglas has a "Type"

MARTIN

disciplinarian is not the same as hard assed.  what they need is a coach who can lead.  all of the coaches at this level know the x's and o's.  it's all about getting the players into positions to succeed.  there is a reason why there aren't any 200 lb linemen.  they need to stay away from the player's coach types.  i don't know what kind of coach gase is.  he seems to want things his way and that's not necessarily a bad thing.  but coaches need to adapt to the personnel they have.  it's easier to change coaches than change 53 players.

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

That's great, but Douglas wont be picking the coach.

Based on the failures of the Past you would think at this stage the Johnson will recognize they can't nor should be picking a HC. JD has experience and the respect of the league I'm sure someone in this organization must realize that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Based on the failures of the Past you would think at this stage the Johnson will recognize they can't nor should be picking a HC. JD has experience and the respect of the league I'm sure someone in this organization must realize that

You would think the Johnson's would be tired of making the big decisions and getting embarrassed time and again, too.  Why not let someone else make the tough calls, for a change?

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

She was a looker when she was young now at almost 50 not as good..

2W8jORwMuO_TWL4R5hkwh0tG2EmWcMqhuS-6EOoF

yea, that's what usually happens as you get older.. especially if you don't pay to have yourself taken care of surgically... I do get she was much better when she first came on the scene...

I’m gonna go out on a limb all by myself and tell you all that JD is not hiring Harbaugh. Not happening.
It’s a power struggle in the making and JD is not stupid enough to choose that option.
Its taken him almost two years to get rid of the other A$$hole who has an equal hierarchy level as him. He’s not pushing reset on that game.
It’s just not smart.
I will also say that I agree with it. Harbaugh is not on my list. We could do worse to be sure but still...

And I’ll also comment to the group That are fearful that JD won’t be the one hiring the coach. I’m going to let you know you can calm down. The Johnsons hiring a coach has only happened one time and that’s Gase.
Groh, herm, mangini and Rex were all hired by the GM. Casserly hired bowels.

This is not some deeply engrained system that we have in place with the owners hiring the coach here. We’re not dealing with Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones.
CJ thought he was smart by listening to Peyton Manning and it has blown up in his face.
He has a real group of football men in JD, Rex hogan, Chad Alexander and Phil savage.
They are not just going to sit there and let a rich kid like CJ overrule their football decisions with stupidity
and cj isn’t strong willed enough to try.

Our next coach will be Greg Roman or a a HC from the college ranks not named Harbaugh.
Book it

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1